Worst experience with Daniels Silverman as a customer

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2783 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I would like to share my experience of dealing with this company called 'Daniel Silverman'. One of my debtor defaulted me for a debt over £10k and I approached this company (as a customer giving them 15% on the debt they recover for me) for debt recovery which is a worst decision I made.

They took the case, charged me £800 for their services, did some investigation about the debtor but never passed any info to me. Infact, I did a lot of investigation on the debtor (including phone numbers, address) and pass which they ignored straight away. They just don’t hear to what the creditor says because their only aim is get as much money as possible from the customer who gives the case to them.

The account manager just did not bother to answer any email, phone calls. Etc regardless of the number of times I called. Their website puts attractive information about the company’s policies and the complaint procedures. That is a big laughing stock as I made a complaint copying everyone in Daniel Silverman (including the account manager) company but my complaint has just been ignored and put in their bin. I am taking up the case with the Financial Ombudsman regarding the service provided by Daniel Silverman.

The only reason I am writing here is that I did a lot of research on the debt recovery companies in the UK and decided finally on Daniel silverman to chase up my debtor. The only thing I have ended up with is the wasted time and being treated unfairly & ignored by Daniel Silverman as their customer. The only thing they are interested from their customers is money.

If any one from Daniel Silverman objects to this post, I can give them my case reference number and they can check their company records about my case & my complaint.

Interesting.....unless they trade under a different name then they don't at first sight have a licence ? Can somebody check please ?

Licence Number:0396257

Licence Status:Lapsed on 08/07/2005

Current Applicant / Licensee:

Business NameCompany Registration NumberDaniels Silverman Limited3051944

Categories:

Consumer credit Credit brokerage Credit reference agency Debt adjusting/counselling Debt collecting

Right To Canvass Off Trade Premises:Yes

Trading Name(s) (Historic):

Daniels Silverman

Issued Date: 05-Jul-1995

Legal Formation:

Body Corporate (incorporated inside UK)

Current Individuals that run the organisation:

NamePositionJustin de Berkeley ScottOFFICERRupert Joseph Upton ScottOFFICERSimon David ScottOFFICER

Historic Individuals that run the organisation:

NamePositionColin Gibson McShaneOFFICERJohn Gerald SumnerOFFICER

Nature of Business:

Debt Collection

Current Address(es):

Address TypeAddressPrincipal Place Of BusinessQueens Dock Commercial Centre, 67-83 Norfolk Street, Liverpool, Merseyside, L1 0BGRegistered Office5th Floor Castle Chambers 43, Castle Street, Liverpool, Merseyside, L2 9TL

Historic Address(es):

Address TypeAddressCorrespondence303-314 Cotton Exchange Bldg, Edmund Street, Off Old Hall Street, Liverpool, Merseyside, L3 9LFPrincipal Place Of BusinessThe Temple Business Centre, Dale Street, Liverpool, Merseyside, L2 5RLPrincipal Place Of BusinessThe Temple Business Centre, Edmund Street, Off Old Hall Street, Liverpool, Merseyside, L2 5RLRegistered Office303-314 Cotton Exchange Bldg, Edmund Street, Off Old Hall Street, Liverpool, Merseyside, L3 9LFRegistered OfficeDSG Accountants 7th fl, Castle Buildings, Norfolk Street, Liverpool, Merseyside, L2 9TU

I can totally sympathise with this one - my ex husband used a company called Spectrum (this was about 3 years ago, when we were still together) - they took our money, did nothing and we ended up in a worse situation than when we started. They made NO payments in 6 months, so he ended up with default after default.

The only good thing (for me) is that they are all in his name as they were all his debts :D

Daniels Silverman Ltd

210 Queens Dock Commercial Centre,

Norfolk Street

Liverpool

L1 0BG

They're registered with the FSA

FSA Firm Ref:

Firm name: Daniels Silverman

Post code: L1 0BG

Match level: Best

Currently authorised:

I think these comments are on the wrong forum which was meant for advice on how to deal with debt collectors chasing you for money rather than chasing money FOR YOU.

I am actually the MD of Daniels Silverman and am concerned that a client of ours is not happy with the service provided. We pride ourselves on looking after our clients and achieve excellent results for them. I am sure there is a perfectly reasonable explanation as to why our attempts were not successful for textile trader. Obviously I don't want to discuss the matter here, but I will email him directly to investigate his complaint and attempt to resolve it.

For anyone interested we do have a current consumer credit licence no 572341. The one refered to below lapsed as it was renewed by this one which is our third five - year licence i.e. fifteen years trading! Believe me we are one of the good guys in the industry and want to help businesses keep their cash flowing by collecting their unpaid debts and overdue invoices before they face financial ruin!

A claim to be a 'good guy' in an industry referred to in Parliament as 'rotten to the core' and which essentially relies upon the misery of others is unlikely to garner much support here.

Nonetheless, the MD of the DCA has undertaken to contact the OP to try to resolve the situation, it's probably best left at that.

I have now sent my details to the MD of DSL (with my file reference no.) in a private message. Let me wait and see what happens.

My intention is certainly NOT to malign any business in this forum. Being a business man myself, i consider that as unfair. But at the same time, I don't want to suffer because of the negligence of a debt recovery company.

Ah Mr Hughes,

The next time you send an email to me with specifics about a friends debt i WILL report it to all the relevant authorities.

Can you tell Charlotte to check her emails? You don't seem very professional to me at all. I wanted confirmation that you would remove my email from your system, i still haven't got it, cowboys!

or as in the thread here he has forgot

same sort of response

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/parking-traffic-offences/116080-very-abusive-letter-debt.html

post #22

but read the first post and what his Company wrote to someone,

NEVER FORGET

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Help Our Hero's Website

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/

HIGHWAY OF HEROES

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/181826-last-tribute-our-lads.html

Like Cooking ? check the Halogen Cooker thread

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/218990-cooking-halogen-cookers.html

I think these comments are on the wrong forum which was meant for advice on how to deal with debt collectors chasing you for money rather than chasing money FOR YOU.

I am actually the MD of Daniels Silverman and am concerned that a client of ours is not happy with the service provided. We pride ourselves on looking after our clients and achieve excellent results for them. I am sure there is a perfectly reasonable explanation as to why our attempts were not successful for textile trader. Obviously I don't want to discuss the matter here, but I will email him directly to investigate his complaint and attempt to resolve it.

For anyone interested we do have a current consumer credit licence no 572341. The one refered to below lapsed as it was renewed by this one which is our third five - year licence i.e. fifteen years trading! Believe me we are one of the good guys in the industry and want to help businesses keep their cash flowing by collecting their unpaid debts and overdue invoices before they face financial ruin!

Would it be better for 1 of us to just say.....you have no legal powers to obtain money off anyone whatsoever, only a county court does ;)

I find the laws of probability here astounding to be honest. Two posts - one in 2007 and one now. Bit like a cagdcabot? I like to think DCAs are using this site as part of their in-house training ;)

Obviously they havent learnt anything yet. They still continue to churn out the same old empty threats

I find the laws of probability here astounding to be honest. Two posts - one in 2007 and one now. Bit like a cagdcabot? I like to think DCAs are using this site as part of their in-house training ;)

agree with this statement, looks like mr hughes only appears when some misdeed by his "reputable" company surfaces

I recall well the previous case, and was waiting to see if Daniels Silvermans actually did anything for OP before mentioning it.

Still, it begs the question - if a company that chases [problem] parking tickets, and attempts to intimidate people as in the earlier thread, consider themselves as 'good guys' in the debt industry, one can only wonder what the bad guys must be like.*

*It's a rhetorical question; I know that you start with Aktiv and just work through the alphabet...

I recall well the previous case, and was waiting to see if Daniels Silvermans actually did anything for OP before mentioning it.

Still, it begs the question - if a company that chases [problem] parking tickets, and attempts to intimidate people as in the earlier thread, consider themselves as 'good guys' in the debt industry, one can only wonder what the bad guys must be like.*

*It's a rhetorical question; I know that you start with Aktiv and just work through the alphabet...

1st Credit comes before Activ and lets face it they are the absolute pits. Still the OFT will sort them out.

• 2 weeks later...
I would like to share my experience of dealing with this company called 'Daniel Silverman'. One of my debtor defaulted me for a debt over £10k and I approached this company (as a customer giving them 15% on the debt they recover for me) for debt recovery which is a worst decision I made.

They took the case, charged me £800 for their services, did some investigation about the debtor but never passed any info to me. Infact, I did a lot of investigation on the debtor (including phone numbers, address) and pass which they ignored straight away. They just don’t hear to what the creditor says because their only aim is get as much money as possible from the customer who gives the case to them.

The account manager just did not bother to answer any email, phone calls. Etc regardless of the number of times I called. Their website puts attractive information about the company’s policies and the complaint procedures. That is a big laughing stock as I made a complaint copying everyone in Daniel Silverman (including the account manager) company but my complaint has just been ignored and put in their bin. I am taking up the case with the Financial Ombudsman regarding the service provided by Daniel Silverman.

The only reason I am writing here is that I did a lot of research on the debt recovery companies in the UK and decided finally on Daniel silverman to chase up my debtor. The only thing I have ended up with is the wasted time and being treated unfairly & ignored by Daniel Silverman as their customer. The only thing they are interested from their customers is money.

If any one from Daniel Silverman objects to this post, I can give them my case reference number and they can check their company records about my case & my complaint.

Great news - glad that it has been sorted.

Hi

I'm glad to see that you managed to get your issue resolved with them. I was a "customer" and all they did for me was ignore my phonecalls over and over again, promise to call me back repeatedly and never did. In the end I resorted to email in order to log what was happening. In the end I just gave up as they simply didn't reply to my last email either and I came to the opinion I'd simply been conned out of my £500. Since then I've showed a copy of my dealings with them and a copy of their terms and conditions (which basically say "any promises we make to you before you sign up, are invalid once you have, and there are no refunds") to anyone that's asked if they're any good, or been thinking of debt collectors. Funny thing is I found this post of yours simply by typing "daniels silverman bunch of cowboys" into Google :p

Anyhow well done.

Just in case anyone else types in "daniels silverman bunch of cowboys" into Google, I'll leave my last email discourse with them below, to which I never received a reply.

[EDIT]

My issue is exactly what was listed below, never hearing back from you time after time after time. You promised to get back in touch with me after our telephone conversation of 13th July, it didn't happen. My 2nd issue is that Brian Hudsons plan of action was not to bother with the court action I was in the middle of but to go through the sequence of events he listed, something that Jayne Watkins also hinted on my first call about how to proceed when she said "don't bother with the hearing", but insisted that she would get Elizabeth to confirm how I should proceed, something that never happened. Eventually I was put through to your legal team who oppositely said they couldn't help me until I had completed legal action. Had I been told that at the start by Brian I simply wouldn't have taken out your services. My approach to you was to see if you could assist as the debtor was sucessfully putting off the legal action time after time after time (now 18 months), something Brian said you could help with.

[EDIT]

Dear Mr Xxxxx,

I am still confused on what basis you are unhappy with our service. As to yet you have not sent us any debts to action upon .

I can see from past notes that you were in the middle of a hearing and was advised to come back to us once the hearing had taken place and the CCJ is obtained .

We still don't have any further instruction's from you and therefore cannot possibly be judged on something we have not yet had chance to deal .

From our last conversation you advised me that the hearing was adjourned for 4 weeks since then nothing .

As stated in my last letter to you the payment made is for lifetime recovery of any debts you wish to send us , also enabling you to take advantage of our other services such as credit checking etc .

We will be happy to deal with any debt you choose to send us and assure you of our best attentions at all times .

I am away from the office as from this afternoon till a week Wednesday if you wish to discuss this further .

Regards

Xxxxx Xxxx

General Manager

[EDIT]

Is the plan to ignore me and hope I just go away?

-----Original Message-----

[EDIT]

I've just had a conversation with your legal dept who have confirmed that it is too late to assist me with this debt unless I sucessfully obtain a court judgement against my debtor.

This in mind I again ask for a refund of my "administration fee" on the basis that.

1) Brian Hudson was made aware of my circumstances with this debt on our meeting and advised you would be able to help, and gave me a step by step account of what you could do assist me with it.

2) On the day my "Welcome Pack" arrived I contacted yourselves about how to proceed with this debt and was told that I'd better speak to Elizabeth Keeley, and that she would be sent an email asking her to ring me back.

3) Over the next 7 days I rang your CS dept almost daily, explained the situation and was told they could see that Elizabeth had been sent an email about it and I would have to wait for a return call.

4) A week later I called again, but insisted I speak to someone as I'd been waiting a week for a return call. I was then put through to Elizabeth, who said that I actually needed to speak to the legal dept. I was transferred to the legal department who told me that in order to have offerred assistance I would have needed to have spoken to them a week ago, so I wrote an email to Brian Hudson asking for a refund, I followed up 2 days later with one to Elizabeth,

6) A week later on the 5th of June I receive a letter from yourself stating you are confused as to the reason for my request for a refund, but, no I can't have one as it's non-refundable. I telephone to speak to you, but am told by CS that they will ask you to call me back.

7) A week later I call you again having not had a return call and you told me to email the legal team as maybe they could still help me. I telephone them instead and am told that they can't help me unless I obtain a CC judgement against my debtor.

So I'm no further on than I was on the day I met Brian Hudson, but my wallet is £500 lighter than it was and I've nothing to show for it.

A cynic would assume that your company preys on companies who seek assistance with an immediate debt, make promises of help in order to get £500. Then do nothining until you are asked for money back, only then to point to "non-refundable" terms and conditions.

Regards

Xxxxx

Edited by Rooster-UK
Personal details removed.