Restons MBNA v WelshMam2009

WelshMam2009
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5405 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have received the following from Restons threatening that a summons WILL be issued.

A CCA request produced only current terms and conditions and a SAR produced an extremely illegible faxed copy of an application form. A request for a better copy has been ignored.

The total outstanding is less than £5k. Am I correct in assuming that this should be allocated to the small claims court and that I should not be eligible for their legal fees? (aside from court costs)

Also, I am confused as to whether or not this account has been terminated. On the one hand they want immediate payment but then in the next breath they state that their Client may be prepared to accept instalments!!

Any advice as to how I should reply please?

Many thanks.

Restons1cropped.jpg

If you feel I've helped then by all means click my star to the left...a simple "thank you" costs nothing! ;)

Restons MBNA -v- WelshMam

MBNA Cards

CitiCard

M&S and More

Thanks for that 42Man...will take a look.

This is all I have by way of agreement from my SAR...the first page is simply personal info...

mbnaback1croppedcopy.jpg

If you feel I've helped then by all means click my star to the left...a simple "thank you" costs nothing! ;)

MBNA Cards

CitiCard

M&S and More

I sent a similar letter but its likely Restons will issue regardless. However, from what they've sent you so far you're in a pretty good position to defend.

If you haven't done so already, a Subject Access Request is in order- or as they're threatening an application under the CPR might be more appropriate- and not cost you money either!

You're in good company here- the CAG'ers are currently helping me massively with Restons / HFC.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/199150-sb100-hfc-default-compliant-4.html

• Haha 1

I sent a similar letter but its likely Restons will issue regardless. However, from what they've sent you so far you're in a pretty good position to defend.

If you haven't done so already, a Subject Access Request is in order- or as they're threatening an application under the CPR might be more appropriate- and not cost you money either!

You're in good company here- the CAG'ers are currently helping me massively with Restons / HFC.

Thanks SB100..it's good to know I'm not alone!! ;)

Yes, from what I've read about Restons they will issue regardless which is why I need to be prepared.

Sunflower99 sent this after receiving the same Restons letter above and I was planning to modify to suit incorporating 42Man's suggested letter also.

Dear Sir,

Re :

THIS IS A REQUEST UNDER THE CIVIL PROCEDURE RULES.

PLEASE DO NOT IGNORE.

I am in receipt of your letter dated (whenever, if a second class mail service was used mention it here), this was received on (whenever).

You have indicated that you are planning on applying for a summons in order to have a judgement entered against me.

I am sure that you are aware that I have long since requested from your client, under both the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (The Act) and the Data Protection Act 1998, a copy of the agreement to which both you and your client allege I am a signatory. To date this has not been provided to me and whilst I appreciate your client has endeavoured to persuade me that the provision of a copy of an application form is sufficient to discharge your client from further obligations under section 78 of the Act. Likewise I too have explained that the mere provision of a copy of an application form is not a legally permissible substitute for the provision of a true copy of the executed agreement as required under section 78 of the Act and as prescribed by Regulation 3 Consumer Credit (Cancellation Notices and Copies of Documents) Regulations 1983.

I am sure you are also aware that under section 78(6) of the Act, whilst a creditor is in default of a request made under sub-section (1) they may not enforce the agreement.

Notwithstanding the foregoing and your client's persistent, unexplained and wilful refusal to supply a copy of the executed agreement in accordance with its obligations (the permitted omissions under Regulation 3(2) excepted), your client has made plain its intention to begin legal proceedings against me. In consequence this matter may now be treated as one which is subject to the control of the Civil Procedure Rules.

Take notice therefore that under CPR Practice Direction - Protocols paragraph 4.6(a) and (d), I request that you supply copies of the following documents:

[1] A true copy of the executed credit agreement incorporating prescribed notices, terms and conditions applicable at the time the agreement was executed and

[2] Any further or subsequent notices, terms and conditions relied upon.

Please note that my request under the Practice Direction is not a request for production within the confines of the Act and Regulations but rather, it is for a copy of the executed agreement, including signatures and all such other notices, terms and conditions as will be relied upon in the event that your client shall begin a claim.

A copy of the documents I have requested should be supplied to me within 14 days and you are urged not to begin proceedings for a period of not less than 14 days following the supply of those documents to me.

Should your client elect to ignore my request under the Practice Direction and commence proceedings, it is likely that I shall repeat my request for the provision of documents under CPR 31.14. In the event that your client should fail to comply with my CPR 31.14 request, I will not hesitate in making an application to the court for an order that further proceedings upon the claim be stayed pending provision of the requisite documents, in the course of which application I will of course refer to this and previous requests for the provision of copy documents.

I look forward to hearing from you within the time stated.

Yours faithfully,

MBNA Cards

CitiCard

M&S and More

Hi welshmam,

Dont send the letter in post 5. Since Sunflower sent that, there have been amendments to the practice directions and we havent quite worked out which protocols are now correct. Apart from which, that letter had some good results initially, but now it just being ignored:(

I would send the letter that 42man has suggested and IF they do send a claim form in the near future, you should immediately send off surfaceagentx20's letter from the 1st post in the following thread...

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/159445-getting-them-reveal-their.html

I think the document they sent you looks pretty yukky, have you chopped anything off the top when scanning it, because there doesnt appear to be any headers ?

• Haha 1

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi welshmam,

I think the document they sent you looks pretty yukky, have you chopped anything off the top when scanning it, because there doesnt appear to be any headers ?

or be signed by them.

S.

• Haha 1

Yes, from what I've read about Restons they will issue regardless which is why I need to be prepared.

Yes you do, however I have seen posts in the past where they huffed & puffed but didn't actually issue or gave up along they way.

David

• Haha 1

Thank you ALL so much for your support guys...you are all truly fabulous!!

or be signed by them.

S.

Thanks Shadow...I hadn't noticed that!! :)

This is the front of the agreement...spot the header time!!!:p

Maybe they have a better copy...but if so, then let's see it!!

mbnafront1cropped-1.jpg

Edited by WelshMam2009

MBNA Cards

CitiCard

M&S and More

Yes you do, however I have seen posts in the past where they huffed & puffed but didn't actually issue or gave up along they way.

David

Thanks David...that's reassuring to know!!

MBNA Cards

CitiCard

M&S and More