You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

jinadug

can someone pls help me

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4024 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

to be brief, i had a CCj order against me and eventually the creditors put a charge against my property, that was not a problem because i could not afford to pay back the amount they were claiming. after this i have been having problem setting up a business, getting a loan so i am just getting by with my monthly earnings which is not covering all my expenses.

now all of a sudden the creditor have sent another letter to me giving me 10 days to pay a huge deposit and monthly installments. my question now is that can they enforce such a repayment order when they have already put a charge on the property?

to be brief, i had a CCj order against me and eventually the creditors put a charge against my property, that was not a problem because i could not afford to pay back the amount they were claiming. after this i have been having problem setting up a business, getting a loan so i am just getting by with my monthly earnings which is not covering all my expenses.

now all of a sudden the creditor have sent another letter to me giving me 10 days to pay a huge deposit and monthly installments. my question now is that can they enforce such a repayment order when they have already put a charge on the property?

What exactly are they threatening... an order for sale application?

As I understand it they have just got a guarantee that they will be paid at some point (when house sold or estate settled at death etc), I believe a debtor is able to pay off the charging order if they so wish but I didnt think a creditor could "demand" monies.

S.

Are You as Anonymous on CAG as You Think You Are? *Link*

The CAG is a free help site,should you be offered help that requires payment,please report it to site team.

Deal with your debts:

STEP ONE - Dont Panic! | STEP TWO - Priority & Non Priority Debts | STEP THREE - Personal Budget Sheet | STEP FOUR - A SAFE bank Account | STEP FIVE - Dealing with Priority Debts | STEP SIX - Non-priority Debts | STEP SEVEN - Non-Priority Debt-Repayment Opt1 | STEP EIGHT - Non-Priority Debt-Repayment Opt2 | STEP NINE - Perils of Consolidation | STEP TEN - RE-Evaluate Frequently

***** SERIOUSLY IN DEBT, DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO, TRY NationalDebtLine's MoneySteps *****

IMPORTANT: Please take my advice in the spirit it is given and on the basis that I am expressing my opinion, These opinions are not endorsed by CAG in anyway and are offered informally without prejudice or warranty of any kind. These opinions are solely based upon the knowledge I've gained from this fantastic site and life in general. I have NO legal training.

thanx for responding, its not got to that stage but i think they (Debt recovery lawyers) are getting very inpatient and cant wait for long.

i think because i just got a company registered, they thought money was coming in, but the company is not functioning because of the bad credit record they have put against my name.

can they blacklist my new company?

thanx for responding, its not got to that stage but i think they (Debt recovery lawyers) are getting very inpatient and cant wait for long.

i think because i just got a company registered, they thought money was coming in, but the company is not functioning because of the bad credit record they have put against my name.

I'm afraid thats way out of my comfort zone of answers, debts are personal but I'm not sure of the relationship between say a director of a registered company and the credit rating of that company.

S.

The CAG is a free help site,should you be offered help that requires payment,please report it to site team.

Deal with your debts:

STEP ONE - Dont Panic! | STEP TWO - Priority & Non Priority Debts | STEP THREE - Personal Budget Sheet | STEP FOUR - A SAFE bank Account | STEP FIVE - Dealing with Priority Debts | STEP SIX - Non-priority Debts | STEP SEVEN - Non-Priority Debt-Repayment Opt1 | STEP EIGHT - Non-Priority Debt-Repayment Opt2 | STEP NINE - Perils of Consolidation | STEP TEN - RE-Evaluate Frequently

***** SERIOUSLY IN DEBT, DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO, TRY NationalDebtLine's MoneySteps *****

IMPORTANT: Please take my advice in the spirit it is given and on the basis that I am expressing my opinion, These opinions are not endorsed by CAG in anyway and are offered informally without prejudice or warranty of any kind. These opinions are solely based upon the knowledge I've gained from this fantastic site and life in general. I have NO legal training.

if the ccj was a forthwith order (ie pay up the total amount) and you have made no attempt to pay and then they have got a charging order- if you still don' t make any attempt to pay anything then a judge is going to have very little if any sympathy for you if they apply to force a sale

if you cant afford to pay what they are asking i would suggest you get you touche down to the court pronto with a I & E and ask for a time order toot sweet!!

if your company is a limited liability company it is a seperate legal entity from yourself. and has no financial connection

thanx for your advice.

but now that theyve written to me giving me a payment plan i.e. a huge deposit and monthly payment, should i write to them or should i contact the court that i cant afford their suggestion, because right now i am overdrawn on my bank overdraft.

thanx for your advice.

but now that theyve written to me giving me a payment plan i.e. a huge deposit and monthly payment, should i write to them or should i contact the court that i cant afford their suggestion, because right now i am overdrawn on my bank overdraft.

counter offer with an amount that you can afford to pay. You'll need confirmation in writing from them ideally so they cant just up payments or muck you about and go to the judge, if they dont give it then just keep making the payment you can afford regularly and then it should look better in front of a judge.

As an aside... what was the original debt? when was the CCJ obtained, did you respond at all to any of the court papers? when was the interim charge obtained, did you attend the hearing? when was the final charge obtained?

S.

• Haha 1

Deal with your debts:

Unfortunately wheni got the first letter, i missed the court hearing, and all subsequent correspondence was not replied to by myself because i was mourning the death of my dad and my sister.

when i travelled out of the country for the burial of my dad. the judgement was passed and a statutory order was placed on my property. the amount in question is £22000 + court charges.

they are now requesting a down payment of £7,500 and a monthly payment of £50 every month.

Unfortunately wheni got the first letter, i missed the court hearing, and all subsequent correspondence was not replied to by myself because i was mourning the death of my dad and my sister.

when i travelled out of the country for the burial of my dad. the judgement was passed and a statutory order was placed on my property. the amount in question is £22000 + court charges.

they are now requesting a down payment of £7,500 and a monthly payment of £50 every month.

Ok you may want to get this moved to the legal section for specific advice, in theory you could apply to get the CCJ set aside but you would need a good defence to show a judge reasonable chance of success and depending on your answer to the question below possibly an explanation of why you have wait so long to apply. This requires legwork in getting the documents and the only worry I have is the size of the judgement, would mean a fast track court and so liable for costs.

How long ago are we talking about?

If you want to get advice on possibility of overturning the CCJ which in turn would overturn the Charging order placed on the house and put you back to the start of court proceedings against you then click the red triangle and ask to move this thread to the legal forum.

S.

Deal with your debts:

Thread moved to legal forum.:)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Welcome to the Consumer Forums

Free advice and support to to solve your consumer problems.

You will soon discover what a friendly place this is and get lots of hints about standing up to consumer bullies or dealing with other consumer rights.

Which guide to the Sale Of Goods Act

New advice guide explains credit card rights

Help the CAG!!

Make a donation

ARE YOU A VICTIM OF COWBOY BUILDERS?

Has your RBS account been transferred to Santander?

Forum rules. Please read these before posting

PLEASE CHECK OUT THE CAG LIBRARY!! IT HAS LOADS OF USEFUL STUFF IN THERE. CLICK HERE

The starting point is could you post the original summons and your defence (if there was one) and a copy of the CCA and any other relevant docs - if you cross out anything that identifies you.

If I've helped feel free to add to my reputation.

I am not a Practising Lawyer. My comments are my opinion only. You should not rely upon those comments and should always take your own professional advice from a practising Solicitor or Barrister