Private Parking Fine - I have the ticket

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5139 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hello the trolls escaped.

here perky....here boy

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

eh! do you think he must be getting near to his holiday and not got enough money to go.....

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Ernest is leaving. It's past his bedtime.

Goodnight, Ernest. Sleep tight.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

dam i missed the countdown this time :D

NEVER FORGET

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Help Our Hero's Website

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/

HIGHWAY OF HEROES

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/181826-last-tribute-our-lads.html

Like Cooking ? check the Halogen Cooker thread

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/218990-cooking-halogen-cookers.html

Here are the signs at the car park:

dsc05430ag.th.jpgdsc05431a.th.jpg

mmakov, the second sign in this quote. Is the "S" in the bottom right the beginning of "South West Trains" by any chance. If so, then this may not be as straight forward as a normal PPC route of ignore.

I'll expand more if the above is true.

It;s irrelevant. Regardless of any signage, the ticket has been issued on the basis of contract with threat of civil court for recovery of non-payment - standard PPC cr*p and the usual unenforceable invoice.

For it to be a breach of bye-law issued ticket, under the auspices of the railway company, it would need to state that it would progress to Magistrates' Court as a criminal matter.

A breach of railway bye-law ticket is exactly the same as a Fixed Penalty Notice - you either pay or go to criminal court. The example that mmakov has is patently not such a thing.

Hmmm, still mixed reactions.

It's 7 days tomorrow since I received the charge notice, I was thinking about appealing it as a last option but have realised it would be a waste of time. Not only will they not respond within 7 days, sending the charge up to £80 but they will probably ignore it anyway.

I guess my choices are pay up or ignore it and run the risk. Seems like a big risk as it's a railway.

What would you guys do in my situation?

mmakov, do a search on PePiPoo for South West Trains CP Plus.

There is a threrad on there that almost mimics your situation and makes very interesting reading. Blade Runner is the OP.

Net result would appear to be in agreement with patdavies and others on here that the ticket is unenforcable.

I have a write up to post, but it is on my home PC. I'll post it later but it basically covers what is already in the PePiPoo thread.

Okay, first a link to the thread I mentioned above (CP Plus Charge Notice getting heavy handed - please help - FightBack Forums).

And another I came across looking for the link, which is exactly as per your issue (CP Plus ticket in Wokingham train station car park - FightBack Forums).

No point in going into further detail, these two PePiPoo threads say it all.

I received a ticket from MET parking despite having a valid ticket. Surprise, surprise, when I appealed, my objections were ignored and the ticket doubled along with legal threats. This is like having the prosecution counsel acting as judge! They also sent me a very wide angle shot of my car which does not prove anything, as you cannot make out what is displayed on the dashboard. I am relieved to learn that they will not take me to court, but I can't see how they could possibly win in any case as I'm in possession of the pay and display ticket.

I received a ticket from MET parking despite having a valid ticket. Surprise, surprise, when I appealed, my objections were ignored and the ticket doubled along with legal threats. This is like having the prosecution counsel acting as judge! They also sent me a very wide angle shot of my car which does not prove anything, as you cannot make out what is displayed on the dashboard. I am relieved to learn that they will not take me to court, but I can't see how they could possibly win in any case as I'm in possession of the pay and display ticket.

having or not a ticket makes no diff, well it does, p'haps being a mug for paying the first place, but why not, its only fair......

you must display them using a protractor & at exactly 90% to the windscreen, else you get a ticket.......

cough.cough.

dx

and they

They cunningly ask you to return the notice with the appeal, I haven't posted it yet and will fish it out of the envelope. But from what people are saying I shouldn't even bother to appeal. Or indeed as dx100uk implies, in the future park for free with impunity. Seriously??

the question you need to ask yourself is did a man buttonhole me to sign a contract when i got out of my car...............NO!

so all you have there is an unpaid INVOICE for a contract that does not exist!

ignore them totally and as the other poster says,........have a giggle at all the threat-o-grams you get.there is NOTHING they can do to you, it is an IMPLIED contract.

dx

and they

never pay PPCs invoices or contact them or poast any details of the 'incident' of any forum. But you should pay for parking as to not pay could be construed as theft.

the question you need to ask yourself is did a man buttonhole me to sign a contract when i got out of my car...............NO!

so all you have there is an unpaid INVOICE for a contract that does not exist!

ignore them totally and as the other poster says,........have a giggle at all the threat-o-grams you get.there is NOTHING they can do to you, it is an IMPLIED contract.

dx

Take care with this. Very few contracts have to be in writing. The overwhelming majority of contracts formed every day are not and do not need to be.

The three key components are offer, consideration and acceptance.

Nothing in this post constitutes "advice" which I may not, in any event, be qualified to provide.

The only interpretation permitted on this post (or any others I may have made) is that this is what I would personally consider doing in the circumstances discussed. Each and every reader of this post or any other I may have made must take responsibility for forming their own view and making their own decision.

I receive an unwieldy number of private messages. I am happy to respond to messages posted on open forum but am unable to respond to private messages, seeking advice, when the substance of that message should properly be on the open forum.

Many thanks for your assistance and understanding on this.

never pay PPCs invoices or contact them or poast any details of the 'incident' of any forum. But you should pay for parking as to not pay could be construed as theft.

Lamma, are you suggesting that parking companies read consumer forums and use it in evidence against people?

Lamma, are you suggesting that parking companies read consumer forums and use it in evidence against people?

There was a thread to do with credit reference agencies and their right to process data.

The company told the judge that their were posts on this forum. They also tried claiming copyright breaches with regards to their own letters being publically posted.

I believe the thread was made private.

Companies do read these forums (regardless of what the sites terms and conditions allow).

Of course they do all the time In fact there are some here who are not who they seem;)

No it can't:roll:

I was just looking at the British Parking Association website, and apparently they hold annual industry awards ceremonies. Blimey, I wonder what the categories are. Best clamper of the year? But they've cancelled the event this year because of the downturn.. Shame!

Natwestlondon check out the bbc news today regarding Clamping, its about to get a lot worse for them :rolleyes:

NEVER FORGET

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Help Our Hero's Website

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/

HIGHWAY OF HEROES

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/181826-last-tribute-our-lads.html

Like Cooking ? check the Halogen Cooker thread

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/218990-cooking-halogen-cookers.html