• Tweets

• Hello,   following proper advice, I pulled into the services after a long drive for a rest as I was literally falling asleep at the wheel.    this was cobham services on a2 in Kent for 59mins.   I pass through here often and have never noticed you have to pay £1 to stay there longer than 35mins.   today I received a PCN for £100!!!     please answer the following questions.   1 Date of the infringement 15/10/20     2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date] 21/10/20   3 Date received 24/10/20   4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [Y/N?] yes   5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? Photo of numberplate    6 Have you appealed? [Y/N?] post up your appeal] N   Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up N/A   7 Who is the parking company? Euro car park    8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] Esso cobham services gravesend, A2 trunk road da12 3bh   For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under. POPLA /BPA   There are two official bodies, the BPA and the IAS. If you are unsure, please check HERE   thank you all in advance for advice   
    • Can't see the reasoning on stationary, bored children half term no pens, paper pencils and colouring books  not a good mix.
    • But if 'non-essential' retail outlets can still deliver even though they have to close the shop what's the reasoning behind not allowing supermarkets to deliver the same items?  I read a whole article this morning on how deliveries are fine but click and collect isn't.   And as an aside, what's he got against office supplies for everyone WFH?  I could have a whole other discussion about his allowing unlimited sales of batteries - can't work, can't clothe your children but you should devote your time to battery powered devices.  You have to wonder.
    • He is stopping retailers allowed to open selling what is on the Non Essential list as he says not fair supermarketys can sell what the shops he forced to close sell, he is looking at restricting online shopping to exclude non essential items don't think he can though.  Argos closed their retail outlets but are taking online orders for delivery.
    • It has been established in several cases that Delivering isn't parking, and in any case if it was the 10 minutes grace would apply.  they would be silly to take a delivery driver to court if on deliveries. Were you in a van or car?
  • Our picks

• Hermes lost parcel.. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422615-hermes-lost-parcel/
      • 49 replies
    • Oven repair. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/427690-oven-repair/&do=findComment&comment=5073391
      • 49 replies
    • I came across this discussion recently and just wanted to give my experience of A Shade Greener that may help others regarding their boiler finance agreement.

We had a 10yr  finance contract for a boiler fitted July 2015.

After a summer of discontent with ASG I discovered that if you have paid HALF the agreement or more you can legally return the boiler to them at no cost to yourself. I've just returned mine the feeling is liberating.

It all started mid summer during lockdown when they refused to service our boiler because we didn't have a loft ladder or flooring installed despite the fact AS installed the boiler. and had previosuly serviced it without issue for 4yrs. After consulting with an independent installer I was informed that if this was the case then ASG had breached building regulations,  this was duly reported to Gas Safe to investigate and even then ASG refused to accept blame and repeatedly said it was my problem. Anyway Gas Safe found them in breach of building regs and a compromise was reached.

A month later and ASG attended to service our boiler but in the process left the boiler unusuable as it kept losing pressure not to mention they had damaged the filling loop in the process which they said was my responsibilty not theres and would charge me to repair, so generous of them! Soon after reporting the fault I got a letter stating it was time we arranged a powerflush on our heating system which they make you do after 5 years even though there's nothing in the contract that states this. Coincidence?

After a few heated exchanges with ASG (pardon the pun) I decided to pull the plug and cancel our agreement.

The boiler was removed and replaced by a reputable installer,  and the old boiler was returned to ASG thus ending our contract with them. What's mad is I saved in excess of £1000 in the long run and got a new boiler with a brand new 12yr warranty. 

You only have to look at TrustPilot to get an idea of what this company is like.

• Thanks
      • 3 replies
    • Dazza a few months ago I discovered a good friend of mine who had ten debts with cards and catalogues which he was slavishly paying off at detriment to his own family quality of life, and I mean hardship, not just absence of second holidays or flat screen TV's.

I wrote to all his creditors asking for supporting documents and not one could provide any material that would allow them to enforce the debt.

As a result he stopped paying and they have been unable to do anything, one even admitted it was unenforceable.

If circumstances have got to the point where you are finding it unmanageable you must ask yourself why you feel the need to pay.  I guarantee you that these companies have built bad debt into their business model and no one over there is losing any sleep over your debt to them!  They will see you as a victim and cash cow and they will be reluctant to discuss final offers, only ways to keep you paying with threats of court action or seizing your assets if you have any.

They are not your friends and you owe them no loyalty or moral duty, that must remain only for yourself and your family.

If it was me I would send them all a CCA request.   I would bet that not one will provide the correct response and you can quite legally stop paying them until such time as they do provide a response.   Even when they do you should check back here as they mostly send dodgy photo copies or generic rubbish that has no connection with your supposed debt.

The money you are paying them should, as far as you are able, be put to a savings account for yourself and as a means of paying of one of these fleecers should they ever manage to get to to the point of a successful court judgement.  After six years they will not be able to start court action and that money will then become yours.

They will of course pursue you for the funds and pass your file around various departments of their business and out to third parties.

Your response is that you should treat it as a hobby.  I have numerous files of correspondence each faithfully organised showing the various letters from different DCA;s , solicitors etc with a mix of threats, inducements and offers.   It is like my stamp collection and I show it to anyone who is interested!
        • Thanks

Private Parking Fine - I have the ticket

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3866 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi all,

My post is with regards to receiving a fine from a private company when the ticket has been purchased. The ticket is from CPS Plus and the car was parked in a train station car park. Someone else told me they had this happen to them and appealed saying their ticket fell onto the floor but was face up and therefore displayed, and the fine was dropped.

First of all what is the law on where the ticket should be displayed, or is that completely dependant on the company who issues the ticket / the terms according to the property owner?

Second, do these companies take photos of the car and could this prove indefinitely if the ticket was or was not displayed?

Lastly, would I be better off appealing using the ticket as proof (does the benifit of the doubt go to the private company) or would the template approach as per the stickied thread in this forum be the more reliable option?

I would appreciate any information so thanks in advance :)

Edited by mmakov
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

totally ignore them

you did not sign a contract upon parking.

their 'invoice' has no legal standing.

do some reading in this forum:D

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

There is NO appeal. Evera tried appealing about your Tesco's till bill? Ever tried appealing your gas bill? Same success rate. NIL.

IF you send in an appeal I can 100% guarantee it will be refused. You will however then have identified who the driver was - You!

Ignore them. And read this forum.

Ok I have read some threads and it seems these companies are rogue companies that do not have a leg to stand on.

The company is PC Plus and the car park was at a railway, why would such large organisations use private companies, because that is their only option?

Edited by mmakov

that is not a response to the question asked. does the ticket mention Railway Bylaws ? many do but are fraudulent.

I'm not sure how that isn't an answer to the question asked, he asked if it was in a railway car park, which it was so I answered yes. Railway / train station - same thing right? :|

I will check the ticket when I get hom and post the info. Thanks for the replies so far.

its in the nouns. A station and a railway are very different things. Station car park - car park located next to a station. Railway car park - car park owned by the Railway company

I'm assuming the railway own the car park seeing as I bought the parking ticket from them. Also on the CP Plus website they advertise the fact that they monitor car parks for this particular railway company.

Edited by mmakov

I've made a big correction to my original post, the company is actually CP Plus. Here is the ticket:

dsc05432.th.jpgdsc05433q.th.jpg

Here are the signs at the car park:

dsc05430ag.th.jpgdsc05431a.th.jpg

Ignore

So the car park being owned by the railway doesn't change things? wheelergeezer said it's not the same at a railway, so still not sure :|

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I have read that thread and some others but seems a few of the regular posters often start disagreeing about byelaws which leaves me unsure.

When does a byelaw actually have an effect, when the railway company issue the fine themselves or when the private company are legally permitted to enforce the law?

I have read that thread and some others but seems a few of the regular posters often start disagreeing about byelaws which leaves me unsure.

When does a byelaw actually have an effect, when the railway company issue the fine themselves or when the private company are legally permitted to enforce the law?

It depends on the rights given by the authorising body (usually Network Rail). Any PPC would have to demonstrate that they were acting as agents.

Whoever is enforcing would not be able to claim any money from the motorist. Any breach of the byelaws should be dealt with by the magistrates court and the fines would go the court. You do get the situation with Fixed Penalty Notice being issued for travelling without a valid ticket. As with all FPN's it is a conditional offer,o ffered in lieu of going to court. The rail companies have been known to not offer this to repeat offenders.

Given that the PPCs are seeking contractural damages rather than seeking to report the matter to the magistrates, you can infer there is no agency agreement in effect.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

they claim Bylaws and contract ! buffoons ! fraud I think.

I can't tell if this is serious or sarcasm :confused:

It depends on the rights given by the authorising body (usually Network Rail). Any PPC would have to demonstrate that they were acting as agents.

Whoever is enforcing would not be able to claim any money from the motorist. Any breach of the byelaws should be dealt with by the magistrates court and the fines would go the court. You do get the situation with Fixed Penalty Notice being issued for travelling without a valid ticket. As with all FPN's it is a conditional offer,o ffered in lieu of going to court. The rail companies have been known to not offer this to repeat offenders.

Given that the PPCs are seeking contractural damages rather than seeking to report the matter to the magistrates, you can infer there is no agency agreement in effect.

Sorry if I mistake this. So if the PPC was enforcing the Byelaw they would state this on the ticket, but since they are claiming contractural damages I can assume they are not in a legal position to enforce the Byelaw?

Is the ticket conclusive when making that observation? Would asking the ticket office at the railway help, or should I avoid tha?

private companies cannot 'enforce the law'. real bylaw tickets go to magistrate's court, and do not lie in civil contract claims. NCP (and others) are well known for perpetrating this deception. real bylaw tickets do get issued but are quite rare. always need to see the ticket to be able to distinguish.

Irrespective of the enforcement framework under which the ticket is issued, payment should always be made in the first instance if you admit the contravention took place. You can they make use of the relevant companies appeals process.
You'll really have to do better than that!!!:D
private companies cannot 'enforce the law'. real bylaw tickets go to magistrate's court, and do not lie in civil contract claims. NCP (and others) are well known for perpetrating this deception. real bylaw tickets do get issued but are quite rare. always need to see the ticket to be able to distinguish.

So a railway can put signs up talking about byelaws but unless a byelaw ticket is issued, it doesn't apply? Or will I only know what applies if I ignore it and get a letter through talking about magistrate's court?

Irrespective of the enforcement framework under which the ticket is issued, payment should always be made in the first instance if you admit the contravention took place. You can they make use of the relevant companies appeals process.

So you think I should pay it, even thought I paid for parking? It could have quite easily fell off, I'd be in the exact same situation. I don't care for morals when the "discounted" fee is £45, it's absolute robery.