Private Parking Fine - I have the ticket

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5138 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was just looking at the British Parking Association website, and apparently they hold annual industry awards ceremonies. Blimey, I wonder what the categories are. Best clamper of the year? But they've cancelled the event this year because of the downturn.. Shame!

They probably thought Richard Littlejohn was gonna show up & they hate him almost as much as he hates them:lol:

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Your both wrong parking is decriminalised. If this where true don't you think the PC's would be threatening every driver who refused to pay with just that "pay up or we'll accuse you of theft"

When people talk about the invoice needing to mention the byelaw in order to be in accordance with them, is there any official documentation I can read online to find out about this?

When people talk about the invoice needing to mention the byelaw in order to be in accordance with them, is there any official documentation I can read online to find out about this?

it won't be an invoice if that were the case.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Google Transport Act 2000 and railway byelaws. The key thing that seperates a PPC invoice from a Fix Penalty Notice issued under the byelaws is that the PPC invoice will be settled in the county court and is a civil matter, whereas a breach of the byelaws will dealt with in the magistrates court and treated as criminal matter.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• 8 months later...

you yourself said it wasn't a byelaw ticket "It is on a railway car park - and the notice ticket says "In Accordance with the conditions of contract relating to parking as detailed on the signs"" and you paid it because of fear of the byelaws. your choice but you wasted your money in my opinion, it clearly was not a byelaw ticket - they are very rare. When a PPC issues an invoice and claims the statutory authority of byelaws they are the ones in deep water not you.

I paid it. Given the whole train station and by-law thing I thought I was running a big risk not paying it.

Oh dear. It wasn't a byelaw ticket and you were running no risk by not paying.

You live and learn.