Paragon PPI

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5350 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi - I had posted this on an existing thread and some very nice people suggested that I start a whole new thread just for me - so here goes!:D

I am new to this PPI lark and I have just started the process with Paragon. I borrowed £25,000 from them in September 2004 and was charged £4,200 PPI which was added to the loan. Interestingly the loan was in joint names of my then partner and I yet the insurance was only in my name(?). I settled the loan in July 2007 and in the final statement was charged all sorts of settlement fees etc but received a rebate of almost £300 PPI premium.

I have written an initial letter stating that the premium should not have been added to the loan and also informing them that I had not been asked about exisiting health matters to inform the insurers. I have received a letter from Paragon - very patronising stating that they are 'concerned that I feel I have been mis-sold premium protection insurance'. They then inform me that my application was submitted by Loanmakers Limited??? All my dealings were with paragon - I have no paperwork from Loanmakers.

Should I continue to pursue this with Paragon?

I would be grateful for any help from anyone on the forum... you all seem very experienced in this. Thanks in advance

browse down this list and have a read of the threads about the paragon tactics.

should point you in the right direction...

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/search.php?searchid=2534527

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi - I had posted this on an existing thread and some very nice people suggested that I start a whole new thread just for me - so here goes!:D

I am new to this PPI lark and I have just started the process with Paragon. I borrowed £25,000 from them in September 2004 and was charged £4,200 PPI which was added to the loan. Interestingly the loan was in joint names of my then partner and I yet the insurance was only in my name(?). I settled the loan in July 2007 and in the final statement was charged all sorts of settlement fees etc but received a rebate of almost £300 PPI premium.

I have written an initial letter stating that the premium should not have been added to the loan and also informing them that I had not been asked about exisiting health matters to inform the insurers. I have received a letter from Paragon - very patronising stating that they are 'concerned that I feel I have been mis-sold premium protection insurance'. They then inform me that my application was submitted by Loanmakers Limited??? All my dealings were with paragon - I have no paperwork from Loanmakers.

Should I continue to pursue this with Paragon?

I would be grateful for any help from anyone on the forum... you all seem very experienced in this. Thanks in advance

If your Consumer Credit Agreement was signed by Paragon on Paragon paper then Paragon are the target. They will blame the broker and vice versa. As you say you have no CCA with loanmakers, this is just another way for Paragon to try and avoid a claim on mis-sold PPI.

Paragon may state that the application was submitted by loanmakers but an APPLICATION is not a Consumer Credit Agreement within the terms of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

This is a link to the Act.....

http://www.statutelaw.gov.uk/legResults.aspx?LegType=All+Legislation&title=consumer+credit+act&Year=1974&searchEnacted=0&extentMatchOnly=0&confersPower=0&blanketAmendment=0&TYPE=QS&NavFrom=0&activeTextDocId=436428&PageNumber=1&SortAlpha=0

aa

Edited by alanalana
link added

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

When it pitches up make sure you get everything you asked for after all you have paid for it;)

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

• 1 month later...

I don't think I have received anything like what I asked for. I will scan and post the letter and paperwork received. I notice that I received a one page 'application' from Loanmakers. it is a simple form with no signatures - just my details in type. I also notice that I have no policy documents for my insurance. I may need a lot of advice from you guys as to what I should do next. Will be back later with all the info.

Thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...

go to Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket make account the upload and edit out personal details using the rubber save then post the link into this thread

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

thats better glen ill have a look this evening as im using my nokia to browse at the mo and screen not big enough to view docs !!

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

yup photobucket good to store to incase your pc crashes

oh the top doc has your address and account no still on i would take that page off and edit before putting back on

Blimey do you know what 180 payments of £355.35 comes to ? well i will tell you £63,963.00.

Oh and paragraph (B) that is all a load of bull because that commission you are paying so it is your data.

Paragraph (A) is also bull.

As it stands they have not complied with your request time to complain to the ICO and send another letter to Paragon.

PF

PF - thank you so much. I assumed it was a load of BS but I needed someone to confirm. So my next stage is to write to Paragon stating that they have not complied with my request and inform them that I shall be writing to the ICO to inform them of same? Should I allow them time to rectify the situation or go straight to ICO?

Again - thank you for taking the time to look at this!

G

Go straight to ICO they know the law and they have broken it.

As i have pointed out you are not only going for the PPI but also the commission they paid to the insurance provider.

Why should you pay commission that they should pay

Good Luck

I've subbed this thread so i can monitor it ok.

Regards

PF

Hiya Glen,

To make a complaint to the ICO there is a form on there website just fill that in and enclose it with a covering letter.

Link below:

Complaints about data protection policy - ICO

Good Luck.

Regards

PF

Thanks again PF: I want to make sure that I understand what I am doing and why: I am writing to ICO to report that Paragon have not sent to me the information requested and there reason for not doing so are invalid? I am assuming that the idea is that ICO will 'make' Paragon release to me all information which they hold.

I am assuming that this will take some time and I wondered if there is anything else I can do to progress the claim.

I also wanted to know if it is worth engaging a consultant to progress my claim. Has anyone had experience of this?

G

hiya glen paragraph 1 correct paragraph 2 send a letter to paragon informing them that you have complained to the ICO due to there non response to your legitimate reguest