You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

netwarriors

Netwarriors vs CAPOne - denied access to statements until I pay arrears

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4018 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Startnig a new thread to see if there is anyone else out there that can help.

I've had CAP1 card for quite a few years now. I've been relatively happy with them over the course of history, and have had no reason until now to get really p**sed off.

I opted for paperless billing a few months ago (go green etc), but somehow I managed to exceed my credit limit by nearly £100. I know I haven't spent anything on my card, so I thought I would logon to my account and check the transactions, charges, interest etc.

Lo and behold, my online access has been revoked. I phone Cap1 and they tell me that they won't allow me access until I clear the over limit amount. We argue for 30mins that I'm not paying anything until I've seen the statements and transactions as "Banks have been known to make mistakes you know - RBS and LLoyds to name a few", but still they won't re-enable my account. They even told me that there are no transactions since my last statement!!

I'm not making a payment until I get access and can check the validity of the transactions, but they won't give me access until I make a payments.

I have today raised a complaint and put the account in to dispute as I am sure they have breached a number of codes of conduct, DPA and maybe even the OFT debt collection guidelines by denying me access to this information.....especially as it's my information - how can they take away access to my information??

Now I have wasted a morning off work I'm gunning for them as this is blatant blackmail and bullying......

ARE THEY ALLOWED TO DO THIS?

Thanks

NW

Both myself and my wife are experiencing the same problem (seperate accounts ) they wont even send out a paper statement and they hung up on her on four seperate occasions.

We are not paying a penny until we get access to our accounts (their web site states you have access on line 24/7 )

Who did you complain to ?

Customer Contact Response

Capital One

PO Box 5283

Nottingham

NG2 3YJ

I have today raised a complaint and put the account in to dispute as I am sure they have breached a number of codes of conduct, DPA and maybe even the OFT debt collection guidelines by denying me access to this information.....especially as it's my information - how can they take away access to my information??

NW

Well its not a breach of the OFT debt collection guidelines, these only kick in on default accounts according to the OFT. Would have thought they are find on data protection fine. Possible breach of banking code but thats not enforced as such...

I would write to them asking for a statement of account on headed paper detailing balance/charges/interest etc otherwise you are unable to ascertain if what they tell you is the true balance outstanding. You cant be expected to pay something that hasnt been verified or shown to you and just given to you in a telephone conversation.

S.

Are You as Anonymous on CAG as You Think You Are? *Link*

The CAG is a free help site,should you be offered help that requires payment,please report it to site team.

Deal with your debts:

STEP ONE - Dont Panic! | STEP TWO - Priority & Non Priority Debts | STEP THREE - Personal Budget Sheet | STEP FOUR - A SAFE bank Account | STEP FIVE - Dealing with Priority Debts | STEP SIX - Non-priority Debts | STEP SEVEN - Non-Priority Debt-Repayment Opt1 | STEP EIGHT - Non-Priority Debt-Repayment Opt2 | STEP NINE - Perils of Consolidation | STEP TEN - RE-Evaluate Frequently

***** SERIOUSLY IN DEBT, DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO, TRY NationalDebtLine's MoneySteps *****

IMPORTANT: Please take my advice in the spirit it is given and on the basis that I am expressing my opinion, These opinions are not endorsed by CAG in anyway and are offered informally without prejudice or warranty of any kind. These opinions are solely based upon the knowledge I've gained from this fantastic site and life in general. I have NO legal training.