job is on the line !

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5404 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Im a 27 year old man, I moved out of home five years ago, I have two children and a big mortgage round my neck. This week I got called in to my bosses office and was told I was one of five being considered for redundancy. I dont know what road to go down to protect my family and my home. My fear is the worst is going to happen. Can anyone give me some advice.

I had the bad news this morning I am to go by the end of the month. I dont know how I am going to tell my wife, we are ready in debt up to our necks plus a high mortgage with no protection on it. I dont know what we can do my, my partners wages wont cover it. Does anyone know where we can get help with our money problems?

Hi,sorry to hear this news,you havent got any insurance cover have you.Also read this,make sure things are being done correctly.Redundancy : Directgov - Employment People advise here with money problems,but here are two links as your case sounds increasingly urgent,Free Debt Management Plans, Free IVA Debt Advice and Free Debt Help | Debt Advice | Payplan CCCS - Free Debt Advice from the UK's Leading Debt Charity Keep posting tawnyowl

I have phoned around been on websites but none of them seem interested they just give you one quick answer and exspect you to take it, no one seems to have time for you these days does anyone know any where else where I could get some good advice from?

I have phoned around been on websites but none of them seem interested they just give you one quick answer and exspect you to take it, no one seems to have time for you these days does anyone know any where else where I could get some good advice from?

Did you try the CCCS? i would be very surprised if they didnt help.

Hi Hitcy. Yes I have tried the CCCS and they recommended bankruptcy because of the amount of debt I have and the amount of time it would take to pay it off. Now I am quite worried. I have come across Piggy's Bankruptcy Website - Information and advice and may give them a call. I'll keep you posted, keep your fingers crossed for me!

Have you enquired about the government mortgage rescue scheme?

Mortgage Rescue Scheme - Housing - Communities and Local Government

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.