You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

m3shl

No parking ticket issued - how can they charge me?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4021 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I have received a Notice to Owner from Lambeth Parking claiming I parked in a resticted street during prescribed hours. The Penalty charge amount is £120.00. When I called to advise them that I did not have a ticket on the car they said they had a photo of the car but not with the issed ticket on it.

Can I appeal?:confused:

Yes, of course you can appeal.

Why would they bother taking a photograph of the car other than for evidence of service of the PCN - which this photo is evidently not.

The photograph, actually sets then a higher bar to prove that the PCN was properly served.#

(I presume that this was a s.9 PCN and not a CCTV issued (s.10) PCN)

Exactly the same thing happened to my friend very recently. Parked in Harringey but the ticket was from TFL and not the local authority. She appealed on the grounds that no ticket was ever issued and the photograph that was their evidence did not show a ticket either.:confused:

They rejected her first written appeal on the grounds that it was the traffic wardens' word against hers and as they are trained by the police (!?) would have no reason to lie. :eek:

4 days before the hearing she received a letter saying that they were not going to go forward as they had no evidence. It all worked out in the end but she has been stressed for 6 months about this matter. She got the £120 charge letter in late January and the hearing was supposed to be last Thursday - July 2nd.

Definitely appeal it I'd say.