Business Factoring debt problems

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5385 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, Im new on hear but delighted to have stumbled across it and and help with the following or if anybody can point me in the direction of help it would be much appreciated, now heres the problem

We have a small business doing building repair work for insurance companies who are slow payers, we approached the bank for a £1500 overdraft late 07 and they informed us that the best option in view of the costs etc would be to factor the invoices. We took out the agreement in March, although it was in my wifes name for credit reasons, she was not involved and I signed it on her behalf!, It did not work out at all as they had suggested and they informed us when we were taking it out that we only needed a months notice to cancel.

The main reason it did not work was, we had a 60 day loan period and as it was taking a average of about 4 months to get paid, after the 60 day period they withdrew the funds and anymore new invoices we loaded up were cancelled out as a result with left us with no option at the time to pay any funds we recieved for the work we had carried out to be paid into our account to assist the running of the business. They contacted us this year and said they felt this was not the best option for out business after they had recommended it!!, I said cancel it as per the 1 month agreement.

They said at the time the amount owed to them was !8k, this has now risen to 26k via a solicitor letter yesterday!. They have even included a 4k end of agreement charge!

This has cost us approx £1000 per month in charges, how this was ever the best option for us I have no idea, we were missold it and I want to fight it all the way. I have seven days to reply, saying if I disagree with any of it, my wife has a pg signed on it, (although i did it)

Any advice or if i can be pointed in the direction of anybody who can take it on it would be much appreciated

Sorry if its a little complicated to understand but any questions answered

Hello Wildhogs

Welcome to Cag , I cannot advise you but it will bump

you up the top again and hopefully someone will help

in the morning .

Wishing you the best of luck

Tonka99

The problem here is that if you signed the document thats in another name (wife). The contract may now be void, but could open up a whole can of worms for you, fraud, obtaining money by deception etc.... just tread carefully thats all I'm saying.

• 4 weeks later...
They said at the time the amount owed to them was !8k, this has now risen to 26k via a solicitor letter yesterday!. They have even included a 4k end of agreement charge!

You will incur no termination fees if you choose to close your facility with us at any time, unless a fixed termination period has been agreed and documented by both parties at the outset of our agreement. All we ask is that you give us 28 days notice of your intention to terminate, and that all outstanding balances are cleared by the termination date. This will ensure we can transfer your facility within 24 hours of the agreed termination date.

The above is taken from the "Business Charter" on the website of Lloyds TSB Commercial Finance

If the amount owed at termination was £8,000 and they added a further £4,000 in termination fees, what does the other £14,000 comprise as I assume that it has appeared in some form on a statement

Hi Wildhogs

I am currently battling with Lloyds from what was a business angle. I was "forced" (no other option given) to factor, and agree it;s the worst recommendation that I was ever given. What with other bad advice and one thing and another the company had no option but to go into liquidation.

I am currently trying to find out whya they have added £7k to my debt with no supporting documents, and mine is under PG.

See my thread: Business Debt, PG'S & Lloyds, it is current so pretty near top of the thread.

Good luck and keep us updated.

S.B.