Jump to content

You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds


You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds



BankFodder BankFodder


BankFodder BankFodder

  • Tweets

  • Posts

    • I've read through the claim. The defence is in a document format – and I presume that you have simply typed it out. However it is a block of text and it is too difficult to read properly. Please will you post the defence again but this time properly spaced and punctuated in a way that you would like to see if it was presented to you. I have to say that your claim form has run to 9 pages – and pretty well all of it unnecessary. The one most important element which seems to be missing – is that you have asserted your right to reject the vehicle. This is almost all you need to plead in the claim form. You say that you have asserted your right to reject. Please will you post a scanned copy of that. If you don't have access to a scanner then for £49 you can get an excellent run from PC World which will last you for years. We give very good help and advice and support here free of charge – but I think it's reasonable for people to have at least the minimum equipment needed to use this kind of setting. A claim form is simply used to state your course of action – and not to provide all the evidence and advance information about your case. Your claim should simply have been Please will you post the letter of rejection. And yes, it wasn't a good idea to pay by bank transfer
    • There you go then, you are being blackmailed. Just checked the wording of the template corporate response you received. Did you notice this? (bolding mine)     You're not choosing to cancel. The choice has been made for you. The problem here is that your OTA is refusing to admit that your holiday is being cancelled, until the very last minute and trying to force your hand into choosing to cancel it.   No matter what you do do not cancel it yourself, and lose your deposit. The way I see it you have 2 options: 1) Pay the £1800 and wait for them to cancel your holiday, then get the refund you are entitled to. Please only do this if you can afford it. 2) Don't pay the balance, but don't cancel. Try and negotiate further with them so they can't claim that you chose to cancel. Show them the evidence you shown us that your holiday is already cancelled, and demand they provide evidence that your holiday is going ahead. Send them a letter of intent, take them to small claims court if they refuse to refund your deposit.    People on this forum other than me should be able to help with step 2)
    • Hello and welcome to CAG. People should be long later to advise you.   I've had to remove your attachment because you haven't covered up your name, address and the vehicle reg number. Perhaps you can anonymise that and repost it.   The letter mentions Debt Recovery Plus who can only ever issue threats on behalf of  not so Smart Parking. I don't think you have anything to worry about apart from seeing a series of threatograms.   Best, HB
    • This is the email I received from the hotel group, confirming they are closed in 2020   From: puntaprimaplaya@comitashotels.com <puntaprimaplaya@comitashotels.com> Sent: Tuesday, June 30, 2020 8:02:46 AM To: ' Subject: RE: Booking with Jet2   Good Morning XXXXXXXX, Thank you for your email. the isla del aire apartments in 2020 are not going to open. we wait for you in 2021!!!! Kind regards, begoña
  • Our picks

    • Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.
      I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.
      I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.
      No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.
      The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.
      They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.
      They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.
      I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?
      Thanks for reading 
      • 7 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies

Can I get car taxed when I do not own but have had possession for 2.5 years?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4029 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts



This is a strage one. Had a company that went into liquidation oct 08. had a vehicle on 3 year lease due to expire June 09. Contract hire company refused to deal with us after October 08 and referred us to finance house in Dublin who own the vehicle. We wanted to rent or ideally buy the car from them. The finance company have realy had no interest in this. They freely let us keep the car despite our numerous attempts to offer to buy, they never replied to correspondence and showed complete apathy. Consequently we have had use free of charge for 7 months! with no agreement or contract in place. The tax has now run out and the car needs an MOT . Whilst in our care we paid for repairs and kept the vehicle in a good state. We still want to buy it but they reefused our offer and mentioned thay may want to collect the car. They have made no arrangements to do so and i doubt we will hear much more from them as they are not showing any signs. we have also claimed the repairs from them which they have not paid so we want to keep the car as payment. We will certainly not release the car unless they do. Is that possible? and in the meantime is there anyway we can tax the car as current keeper. I can see this car still being on our property un-collected for months. they are simply not interested. Any help appreciated

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

as long as you have the docs [v5 , ins etc] then there is no reason why not.

obv you will need to get it mot'ed first, but you could try the online taxing service if you have the v5 and the doc ref number

it tells you all you need and where to find it on the dvla website



please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..


if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s would collapse overnight.



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Simply use a V62 form (and £25 fee) to apply for a V5 in your name. This has no effect on the ownership.


The DVLA will write to the current RK and if they agree (or do not respond to DVLA) you will get the V5.


Then MoT (you don't need tax to go to from a pre-booked MoT test) and then tax the car.

  • Haha 1

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...