Gonig to court..

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5411 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I'm about to start my claim against the landowners and the clampers for recently towing my car.

As per the advice on here, the first defendant is the land owners and the second is the clampers. I suspect the land owner will respond and indicate they wish to defend, but know its unlikely the clampers will bother.

If this is the case, can I still get a default judgement against the clampers without having to bother the land owner. The reason for this is I paid by credit card so will be able to get them to pay if I get a judgement!

Slow down.

Before you spend money on court, your first avenue is the credit card company.

Send letters to landowner and clampers demanding a refund and demonstrate why you are owed your money. Give them 14 days to respond (you may or mayt not get replies) and then send another letter giving them 7 days to refund headed 'Letter Before Action'.

Then contact your credit card company and send them all your paperwork and demand they refund as they are liable under the 1974 Consumer Credit Act.

They will fob you off a few times, but be persistant. They will refund eventually, but you may have to send a fair few letters. You may have to threaten THEM with county court, but save that for if they really do drag their heels.

Slow down.

Before you spend money on court, your first avenue is the credit card company.

Send letters to landowner and clampers demanding a refund and demonstrate why you are owed your money. Give them 14 days to respond (you may or mayt not get replies) and then send another letter giving them 7 days to refund headed 'Letter Before Action'.

Then contact your credit card company and send them all your paperwork and demand they refund as they are liable under the 1974 Consumer Credit Act.

They will fob you off a few times, but be persistant. They will refund eventually, but you may have to send a fair few letters. You may have to threaten THEM with county court, but save that for if they really do drag their heels.

I did that, they said feel free to add us as defendants!

No I think he asked what Bankers? I think you may have mis-heard him! :)

You are quite correct - Tesco finance are a load of bankers :D

TFT

09/07/09 :)Business Studies BA(Hons) 2:1:)

eCar Insurance overpayment - £325

Settled in full - 15/09/08

NatWest Student A/C bank charges - £260

Settled under hardship scheme - 08/06/09

Natwest Business A/C bank charges - £60

Settled in full as GOGW - 20/04/09

Santander Consumer Finance late payment fees - £60

Part settled for £48 - 01/03/08

Peugeot Finance late payment fees - £50

Settled in full before county court hearing - 01/09/09

Peugeot Finance overpayment of £247

Settled in full - 01/12/08