You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

Jezzaa

Mind Tactics ? Mystery message from Debt collector

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4016 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

My OH received a private number message on his phone for him to contact ELM COURT immediatly on --------

Having recieved harrassing calls and letters from APEX recently he recognised that ELM COURT is their ADDRESS in Stratford so of course he didnt reply.

Having taken advise we now believe that Both APEX and BOS on whos behalf they are calling are breaching rules 2.2 & 1.9 of the OFT Debt Collection Guidance, which states :

.Rule 2.2c Unfair business Practices

Those contacting debtors not making clear who they are,who they work for, what is their role, what the purpose of the contact is.

Rule 1.9 Creditor responsibility for third parties :

If consumer credit licence holders choose to do business or continue to do business with third parties engaged in questionable fitness behaviour, then their own fitness will be called into question. Our aim is to ensure that creditors do not ignore the unfair practices of debt collectors, whether in-house or external, acting on their behalf.

Not sure what response we'll get but Letters on the way to both in the morning.

forumbox_top_left.gifforumbox_top_tile.gifforumbox_top_right.gifforumbox_left_tile.gifclose.gif forumbox_right_tile.gifforumbox_bottom_left.gifforumbox_bottom_tile.gifforumbox_bottom_right.gif

user_online.gifreputation.gif report.gif

good

Update

Letters sent to both BOS & Apex. Stated OFT Debt collection,

Breach of Rules 2.2 &1.9 Unfair Business Practices.

Received reply from Bank 0f Scot. Concerned to learn of allegations regarding Apex conduct. This has been passed to the Director concerned to address appropriately.

Not heard from Apex though.

Update

Letters sent to both BOS & Apex. Stated OFT Debt collection,

Breach of Rules 2.2 &1.9 Unfair Business Practices.

Received reply from Bank 0f Scot. Concerned to learn of allegations regarding Apex conduct. This has been passed to the Director concerned to address appropriately.

Not heard from Apex though.

Well, if Apex are acting on behalf of BOS, then the blame lies firmly with BOS and they know it, they are the ones who would face any action given out by the OFT, a complaint to the FOS wouldn't go amiss neither:D

Financial Ombudsman Service

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

You need to get thier in house complaints procedure and let that run it's course for the eight weeks before getting the FOS involved.

"To love unconditionally is the greatest gift, laughter is a close second" .To give your time to help others after being helped here is the best way to show your appreciation to your fellow CAG members.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts. All my knowledge has been gained here, for which I'm very grateful. I'm a Journalist, not a law professional.

If you do PM, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private ;)

BB 13 - DCAs/banks and solicitors 0.

I get a fresh start to get on with learning to live with severe disabilities when they could have had something if they'd been understanding...

<--- If you feel I've helped, please twinkle my star :)

You need to get thier in house complaints procedure and let that run it's course for the eight weeks before getting the FOS involved.

Three months i was lead to believe?

Surely the FOS would mark it down as a complaint received though?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

FOS won't accept a complaint until either the company concerned has either sent a letter marked 'final response', or eight weeks has elapsed since the complaint was made.

FOS usually send an acknowledgement out after a week or so.

That said, they are useless and probably not worth bothering with.

Far better to complain to Trading Standards, and inform OFT of the breaches of their guidance.

Consumer Direct who in turn will inform Trading Standards:D

How to Complain Just because you should!;)