Unenforceable CCA Recieved, debt paid, what to do...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5404 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys I have recieved a CCA from Marbles which is unenforceable as they have not signed the agreement and there is nowhere on there for them to sign......

Now marbles was the orginal creditor, however, they sold the debt outright to Cabot, with whom I have now settled the account (Paid around £3.5K total owed was £5K), Marbles had put a default on the account and terminated this account as well, the default notices was also dodgy..... Obviously I found out about Unenforceable CCA/Dodgy Default Notices after having paid the DCA off.....

My question is what if anything can I do about the fact there was a dodgy CCA/Default Notice, also there was never a Notice of Assignment issued by Marbles, even after sent them an SAR this was not in the paperwork...

You'll just have to swallow it and put it down to experience or the lack of it. No valid CCA does not mean there is no debt. It just means they would not have been able to enforce it in court. Shame really as you could probably have got away with far less for full and final. It is still possible to reclaim any unfair charges via a SAR if you think there may be plenty.

• Haha 1

Ithought that might be the case...... I've had a look throgh the stmnts and thrs not much in way of charges only about £100 as far as I can see, plus a DCA owned the account last, has anyone reclaimed charges from a DCA successfully?

Plus the DCA did say they woul,d be marking my CRF as settled and not partially settled without me putting up a figt for it, so I suppose that is a lilttle bonus...