Traffic PCN Southwark Council

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5306 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

I have today, received a Charge Certicate from Southwark Council telling me that I didn't pay a PCN issued to me on 19th May. I never recieved the PCN.

The allegded offence was on 6th May, 51J failing to comply with a no entry sign. I couldn't think where this had supposed to have happened but looking at Google street view, it looks like the road layout has changed since the last time I was there and the road that it may have occurred on is now local buses only, (it wasn't going up a one way street!).

The original fine is £120, now £180 as the orignal PCN wasn't paid.

I intend to ring the council tomorrow, where do I stand about not receiving the PCN? I'm sure they have lots of people saying 'I didn't receive it' I can't prove that I didn't.

Does the 14 days apply for issuing a PCN the same as other traffic offences?

If they sent it on 19th, they must have been hoping it got to me the next day. I had two other people in the car with me at the time and neither of them remember me going through no entry signs. By the by, if I did it then need to pay, but I only want to pay the £120 as I didn't get the original PCN.:(

Just spoke to the council, woman said to put it in writing that I never recieved the PCN and they will take it from there.

use the forms ! council woman was trapping you into sending a useless letter that the council is free to ignore until its too late for you.

• 4 weeks later...

As an Update, I wrote to the council saying that I didn't receive the original PCN and that I don't recall going through a no entry sign. They put the Charge cert on hold while they investigated. They wrote back saying they had looked into my representations and that there were no grounds for cancelling the PCN ( I hadn't asked them to cancel it, just let me see the original PCN!). They did say the PCN had been posted but must have got lost in the post and so they allowed me to pay the reduced charge of £60, which I have done.

• 2 months later...

Update on this. I paid the reduced charge once I received the original PCN with the pic showing me going thorough the no entry sign.

Today I recieved a letter from Southwark, just saying,

'Thank you for your enquiry regarding this penalty notice, I have been instructed to issue a refund.' along with a cheque for £60.

I haven't sent any further letters to the council, I have no idea why they have refunded the money, any one have any idea? Not complaining just wondered why the change of course after it seems I was bang to rights.