You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• Hi All, newbie here, hope I'm doing this correctly.   Two years ago the wife was using my car and bought a ticket in a train station car park and displayed it on the dashboard. She returned to find a parking charge notice from Excel. It was a very windy day and it had evidently been blown on the the floor of the car as she left. It did not have a self adhesive part to stick to the window. I subsequently followed their online claim procedure and sent a copy of the ticket but the claim was refused. A couple of days ago I received the County Court Business Centre claim form in the post after presuming it would go away after not hearing from them for about a year (the usual threatening letters from debt recovery companies etc).   I wish I had paid the original £20 as this has been a big worry and hassle, but I just ignored most of the letters after reading stuff online. Obviously I want to dispute the whole of the claim but do I have a decent defence? I would cite the fact that the only reason the ticket was not displayed was that it could not be stuck to the window.   Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated.   Name of the Claimant : Excel Parking Services   Claimants Solicitors: Unknown   Date of issue – 08 July 2020   Date for AOS - 27 July 2020?   Date to submit Defence - 10 August?       What is the claim for – Breach of contract - parked without clearly displaying a valid parking ticket in Brewery St car park, Chesterfield on 02.07. 2018. Defendant has failed to settle the outstanding liability and Claimant seeks recovery of of the parking charge notice, costs and interest       What is the value of the claim? £185.00
    • I have had a letter from RBOS saying they have assigned my debt of £3600 to Cabot however it must be at least 6 years since i did anything with this debt, the letter was sent to my old address.   i have had a look around on the site but cant see a FAQ to do with these issues ( probably me not looking the right area)  .   can anyone advise me on what the next steps are as i assume this debt may be statute barred ? but im loath to ring Cabot and go through any details with them and would rather do it via letter.   as back ground i have other debts with other banks and currently have CCJ obtained via backdoor so im obligated to pay that debt. also did a stepchange thing that showed i have no other available funds to pay these other debts off.   any help appreciated
    • Hi all   It's been a long time since I've used this site, I used to be a frequent poster, mainly in the parking subforums.    I'll try and keep this as concise as possible, although it may get a bit confusing, so apologies in advance.  Also I hope this is the right subforum for such a matter, but I couldn't see anything more specific for divorces/family law.  So here goes..   My now ex-wife and I divorced last year, after our relationship broke down due to irreconcilable differences.  She initiated the divorce proceedings so was the petitioner, I was the respondent.  We informally agreed early on that she would stay at the family home (I moved out), and buy me out of my share of the house and contents.   We went to family mediation and hashed out an agreed settlement figure that we were mostly happy with.  A lump sum for the house and contents, plus she would give me the money to pay off several loans for goods on hire purchase that remained in the house, as the debts were solely in my name at the time.    I did not contest the divorce on any point, except she wanted me to pay the court costs of the divorce (£850) since she blamed me for the breakdown of the marriage.  I objected to this on the financial paperwork, stating that I was not the petitioner, plus the cause of the breakdown of the marriage were not due to adultery or domestic abuse.    The financial court ruled against me, meaning the £850 would be deducted from the final settlement figure.  I was looking to appeal against this decision which would have delayed the proceedings by several months, however in the meantime I was able to make an agreement with her solicitors to split the court costs 50:50, so we would in fact be paying £425 each.  They sent this offer in a letter headed "Without Prejudice", stating that if I was agreeable, they would submit an amended financial order to the courts with the amounts amended so I would only be paying £425 instead of £850 towards the costs.  I responded to this in writing and signed the form they sent me, initialling where the amount was changed on the financial order.   This is where it gets a bit tricky.  They then resubmitted the ORIGINAL financial order to the family with the £850 deduction still on it and promptly stopped responding to my calls and emails.  My ex wife has now paid the settlement figure, with the £850 deducted rather than the agreed upon £425.  It's a bit of an odd situation as my ex paid me basically exactly what it says on the court form, even though I made a different agreement with her solicitors.  I feel they've been dishonest in this case, whether intentionally or not but it's still left me over £400 out of pocket.    My question basically is this?  Do I have any legal recourse options available to me against the solicitor?  Does the fact that they headed the offer letter "Without Prejudice" mean that they can basically go back against their word and not honour an agreement that was made in good faith?  I've been doing my own research into this subject and it's a bit of a minefield, but I'm wondering whether I've got grounds for a complaint to the Solicitors Regulatory Authority, or possibly even pursuing them via the Small Claims Court?   Any thoughts?  If you need any more information or need me to clarify any particular points, please let me know.   Thanks in advance CD
    • That IS the question HB.   My literal quote isn't surrounded by additional perspective I commonly add and was shown as is.       "64% of the UK’s trade with all the countries with which the UK is seeking continuity,"   * It seems a given that Johnson is not seeking continuity with the EU HB   * Undoubtedly the reality is they just mean 64% of continuity with the handful of African nations that the reference was in despite it implying something else   In which case, a more accurate statement than that presented by Johnson the Liars representatives would be:   We've managed 64% continuity with a small group containing a small handful of African nations which are a small part of Africa as a whole and an utterly tiny part of world trade   and presumably, as they have singled that out for special mention to give their chosen implied perspective ... - that 64% continuity (a little over half we have as part of the European Union) the best 'continuity' deal they've managed so far with any county or block.   It certainly isn't 64% continuity of even JUST the external to the EU beneficial trade we have as part of the European Union let alone replicate the benefits with the rest of the EU   and Don't forget thats just continuity - carrying on what we currently have - and not any new or additional/improved deals  
    • Can I just ask only because I do panic about stuff like this.  More because of the affect it has on my husband.   In 2014 when my husband was at his worst and NatWest got the charging order on our house (which was then repossessed) we had to stop using our NatWest bank account which we did.  When we signed up for credit reports in January we noticed our NatWest bank account was being reported on a monthly basis so we decided to close it.  My husband and I went into a branch and closed it.  We had 4 accounts, 1 for everyday banking and 2 savings and 1 was the loan.  She said she could close the 3 accounts but obviously not the loan.  She said she’d transfer the money from the 2 savings into the main bank account and give us the money then shut all 3.  We were gobsmacked when she gave us over £1000.  We never thought we had money in the accounts.  Can this be used against us?  The 3 accounts are now shut and marked as settled on our credit file.
  • Our picks

• Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 7 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies
innocent_man

PCN from Lambeth Parking ! Notice to Owner ! Plz help

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4024 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

hi every one,

on 21/05 i went to meet my friend in lambeth council area, i park the car in parking bay and display the ticket very clearly on dash board, after 10 mints my friend's brother came in and said that a person is beside your car, i went out and there was nobody and there was ( NO Ticket/PCN notice ) at all on my windscreen under wipers or any where else, so i think he might saw the paying ticket and he left.

Today morning I have recieve a LOVE letter from Lambeth Parking saying that I had park in pakring bay without Displaying the parking ticket and I have not pay PCN which was issued by that person.

BUT i have not rcv any kind of PCN before this.

So i call them today ad explain them all the situation , the guy said those people who issue PCN are on contract so we don't know if he left a PCN on your windscreen or not, you can write to us or you can go to court.

So what you guys suggest in this situation?

please help.

I am from conrwall and i dont want to go back in London to attend court.

any solution please?

here are the link for Notice.

1) Notice Page 1

2) Notice Page 2

Edited by innocent_man

"the guy said........ you can write to us or you can go to court." what ? there is no court involvement. person on the phone either lied or at best was incompetent. sounds like you have a witness that no PCN was served and that you had a ticket on display. appeal the NTO. No PCN served, tsicket was displayed, the amount exceeds, procedurial impropriety on the part of the council (they are responsible for the actions of their contractors despite what the buffoon on the [phone old you). If the witness does hold up as I suggest then you mention that will get a signed affidavit from the witness for production at adjudication if needed. Tell them to to pursue the PCN is wholly vexatious on their part and you you seek costs.

"the guy said........ you can write to us or you can go to court." what ? there is no court involvement. person on the phone either lied or at best was incompetent. sounds like you have a witness that no PCN was served and that you had a ticket on display. appeal the NTO. No PCN served, tsicket was displayed, the amount exceeds, procedurial impropriety on the part of the council (they are responsible for the actions of their contractors despite what the buffoon on the [phone old you). If the witness does hold up as I suggest then you mention that will get a signed affidavit from the witness for production at adjudication if needed. Tell them to to pursue the PCN is wholly vexatious on their part and you you seek costs.

first the guy was too rude to me and when i said ok if you are not telling me the solution i am ready to go to court even, and you will bear the charges for my traveling and every thing to court, the he calm down and said ok what you can do is write us a letter and we will investigate bcoz our contractor doesn't leave the PCN or you lie. When i ask him what i have to write in letter he said you have to write that you pay and display the ticket and you must write the actuall amount you paid in machine and how much is for 1 hour. its funny but i said ok i will write down every thing.

I have two witness one my friend who i was visiting and one person who was with me in car, we pay and display.

If you dont mind can you please tell me what i should write in letter? bcoz i am not pro in these things, I hope you dont mind.

thank you very much for reply.

The fact that you had a P&D is irrelevant as a form of appeal, since the PCN is for parking in a residents bay using a P&D.

The fact that you had a P&D is irrelevant as a form of appeal, since the PCN is for parking in a residents bay using a P&D.

right beside my car was paying machine and on my head was sign board ( Pay and Display). I think i can read ( Permit holder only ) sign board from far :D. I was just surprized why the hell the guy left in seconds and he dont even left any PCN? or he just take the reg number and put in his system?

what if i ask them for photo proof in my letter also?

or

just write them a letter and tell them i park in P&D zone not in Permit holder only parking so the PCN they issue was wrong?

How did you get a Lambeth PCN if you parked in Victoria they are miles apart with a river between?

How did you get a Lambeth PCN if you parked in Victoria they are miles apart with a river between?

I dont know london very well man, i was just to visit a friend there, he said he is living in victoria so i think may be that is victoria :D. even i dont know there is council called Lambeth lolz

PLZ let me know the solution now:confused:

the ticket is for Deeley Road , which is off the wandsworth road SW london, not sure how Victoria comes into this, unless this is another location you parked in ?

MAP

deeleyroad.jpg

street view

viewdeeleyroad.jpg

NEVER FORGET

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Help Our Hero's Website

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/

HIGHWAY OF HEROES

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/181826-last-tribute-our-lads.html

Like Cooking ? check the Halogen Cooker thread

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/218990-cooking-halogen-cookers.html

maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&q=Deeley+Rd,+London+SW8,+United+Kingdom&ie=UTF8&cd=1&geocode=FfVxEQMd1_H9_w&split=0&sll=53.800651,-4.064941&sspn=6.881357,14.941406&ll=51.475108,-0.133585&spn=0.001357,0.006899&z=17&iwloc=A&layer=c&cbll=51.475106,-0.133587&panoid=v6FYJVOl-SkxZudVMwwzFA&cbp=13,202.55,,1,11.62small%3E

exactly this was the street where i parked my car. i parked right beside that machine and P&D.

ANY SOLUTION mates?

Edited by innocent_man

The PCN he's posted states parked in a residents or shared parking place.

The PCN he's posted states parked in a residents or shared parking place.

No it doesn't it says....

Parked in a residents or shared use parking place or zone without clearly displaying either a permit or voucher or pay and display ticket issued for that place / p&d ticket used in permit bay.

No it doesn't it says....

Parked in a residents or shared use parking place or zone without clearly displaying either a permit or voucher or pay and display ticket issued for that place / p&d ticket used in permit bay.

it seems like there is no help for such matter?

Appeal omn the grounds the contravention did not take place and ask for photos to prove you got given a PCN and to prove that you did in fact park in a permit bay.