Clemmas friend v Nationwide

clemma
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5383 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok, long story short really.

My mate has got a joint account with these with his ex-partner. Now, stupidly, instead of opening a new account, he forged her signature to get her off the joint one (he knows he was stupid). Nationwide phoned his ex, who obviously denied it. Now the account has been frozen and he has no access to his money (his ONLY money I may add) unless his ex signs to allow him access.

She is refusing to do this, the bank is refusing to co-operate even though he can prove it's his money in the account and no amount of talking to them is helping. I am going to presume a letter needs to be drafted up, but I've no idea where to start.

Is there anything he can do, as he feels like banging his head against the wall......any advice would be appreciated.

I doubt she has access to the money either. Presumably the account is both to sign. Your friend needs to open an account in their name.

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

It's just an ordinary account so under normal circumstances, he could get his money out without her authority. He has opened an account now, but still needs access to the other money.

The only solution here is for him to negotiate with her. Is any of her money in the account? What is her objection to releasing the account?

I think that they should agree an intermediary.

Right, so he is basically screwed unless she signs for it. Is it worth him seeing a solicitor or CAB about this as the only way to get her to sign would be by "force"........I'm just not clued up enough about this :(