You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

clemma

Clemmas friend v Nationwide

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4025 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Ok, long story short really.

My mate has got a joint account with these with his ex-partner. Now, stupidly, instead of opening a new account, he forged her signature to get her off the joint one (he knows he was stupid). Nationwide phoned his ex, who obviously denied it. Now the account has been frozen and he has no access to his money (his ONLY money I may add) unless his ex signs to allow him access.

She is refusing to do this, the bank is refusing to co-operate even though he can prove it's his money in the account and no amount of talking to them is helping. I am going to presume a letter needs to be drafted up, but I've no idea where to start.

Is there anything he can do, as he feels like banging his head against the wall......any advice would be appreciated.

:)I am not an expert, but I can give good advice about Brighthouse:)

Am learning more and more about DCA's too :)

I have no legal experience and all advice given is based on the knowledge I've gained from this site.

<------If you think I have been helpful, please feel free to tip my scales - remember to put your CAG name though!

I doubt she has access to the money either. Presumably the account is both to sign. Your friend needs to open an account in their name.

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

It's just an ordinary account so under normal circumstances, he could get his money out without her authority. He has opened an account now, but still needs access to the other money.

I have no legal experience and all advice given is based on the knowledge I've gained from this site.

<------If you think I have been helpful, please feel free to tip my scales - remember to put your CAG name though!

The only solution here is for him to negotiate with her. Is any of her money in the account? What is her objection to releasing the account?

I think that they should agree an intermediary.

None of the money is hers.......her objection - she wants half of it or else she won't sign. They are not exactly on speaking terms.

Right, so he is basically screwed unless she signs for it. Is it worth him seeing a solicitor or CAB about this as the only way to get her to sign would be by "force"........I'm just not clued up enough about this :(