You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• look up on land registry who owns the property then get in contact with your local environmental heath dept.   dx  
    • Hello all,   I have recently moved into a new property. The bedroom window is facing a bunch of commercial crates which have trash on top of them. The trash is maybe two metres away from the window, making it impossible for the window to be open (I am also afraid of rats being there).   The other windows of the property are facing a communal, enclosed area, which is making it difficult for the property to be properly ventilated. I have already raised this issue with my estate agency and they are trying do to something about it (to be honest, if I leave everything to them, this issue won't be solved until my tenancy is finished, and that is more than one year away).   I am asking for advice, or how could I approach this issue.   I have spoken to my council and, since they do not deal in private property, there is nothing they can do, at least this is what they have told me.   The property with the trash is not owned by my landlord. It is an open space, with big crates, closed off by a fence. If I could, I would climb those crates and remove the trash myself but I cannot. I also cannot climb out the window to reach the trash, as the window is too small.   At times, I see a car in that property but I have never seen the driver. I left a note in the car's window explaining the issue and giving my number. This was around a week ago and nobody came back to me.   
    • Hi   First off ALL Tenants need to re report all the different repairs again via their repairs procedure. Yes its good to get a list of all properties repairs with photo/video evidence signed by all property tenants but you all need to fight this individually as well as a group.   Next you all need to look up your rights on Repair i.e. The Right to Repair Scheme and also their Complaints Procedure.   http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1994/133/made   https://england.shelter.org.uk/housing_advice/repairs/right_to_repair_for_council_tenants   All Tenants need to take control back with these repair and ask in writing titling any letter 'FORMAL COMPLAINT' and stating the repair and why it hasn't been carried out to date and an exact date when it will be completed.   You also require clarification whether these Repairs come under the Right to Repair Scheme and if so why we were never informed of this. (delete or amend)   You also require copies of the following:   Right to Repair Scheme Policy (Not the Leaflet Repair and Maintenance Policy (Not the Leaflet) Solar Panel Policy (Not the Leaflet) Complaints Policy (Not the Leaflet) Equality & Diversity Policy (Not the Leaflet) When you get the above policies you need to take your time reading them and just think to yourself 'DID THEY DO THAT' in relation to your issue and if not mark it this way you build a list of what they haven't done/followed as per there own Policies and use it against them.   They will have time limits to complete repairs within for Emergency, Urgent, Routine repairs and if they exceed that time limit and need to extend it remember it is with you the tenants agreement not them telling you and tough you can wait.   (bear in mind any repairs during COVID-19 the time limits are now different and most routine repairs are stopped)  
    • I was on UC in late March, and recently received some quite non-committal message that the commitments would be returning, but no indication when.     If I remember correctly the expectation was that we could find at least one job per day to which to apply, or some such nonsense.   Given that the government can only guess how many workplaces will be safe :  1) to commute to/from at the time of job application; 2) to work in at the time of job application;    3) to commute to/from at the date of starting a job ; 4) to work in at the date of starting a job,  5) to commute to/from at the date permanent WFH is dropped; 6) to work in at the date permanent WFH is dropped,    and given that we have lost 20% of our economy, I fail to see how they can both reasonably and immediately mandate any minimum figure of jobs we must apply for whilst this virus just killed over 135 people in the UK (stats released today).  That is only down from 155 last week, and about 175 a fortnight back.   At this rate it will be another 7 weeks MINIMUM before the mortality rate is zero - if it ever reaches zero before the inevitable second wave.  
    • who has sent this 'letter of claim' come from and doe sit mention the pre action protocol and include a separate response pack? 
  • Our picks

• Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 12 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies
griff123

Eviction notice 14/7

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4031 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi, I am sorry to hijack someone elses thread but I cannot seem to start a post myself. Any help would be appreciated, here I go....

We had a suspended order on our mtg for our normal monthly payments plus £100. We missed a payment before xmas and I spk to capstone and agreed to pay an extra £20 a week towards the arrears, I have paid the last 7 payments plus kept to the £20 a week. About a month ago I was surprised to receive a letter from Glenisters solicitors saying that they were going for repossession and to contact them. As my phone was off I emailed them with my offer (their letter said I could contact via email) I had no reply and today I have received an eviction notice for 14/7. I;m really scared and don't know what to do. Seems really unfair as I have made the last 7 payments plus £20 weekly.SPML have not wanted to help at all, they wouldn't add the arrears to the mtg or swop to interest only for a time to help me out. I have 2 children one of whom is autistic and I dread to think what the change in routine for her would do. Do you think it would be worth me reporting this to the FOS? I would really appreciate any advise, I really cannot lose my home.

Hi there, you won't lose your home! You have demonstrated that you can keep to a payment plan by making the last 7 payments as promised.

What you need to do now is enter an N244 into court to ask for a hearing to suspend eviction. I can help you with that.

Firstly, do you have proof of the 7 consecutive payments you have made?

Have you any evidence of the arrangement you made with then to pay an extra £20.00 per month?

I will move this to a new thread for you.

Ell-enn

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Thank you so much.

I have my mortgage stmt from capstone which shows Feb, March, April and my bank stmts will show the other 3. The £20 a week was agreed over the telephone, and the rep gave me their banking details for a standing order to be set up. I have been making the £20 every friday, the other payments have sometimes been late as the 1st of the month is awkward for me, but capstone refused to change the payment date to a suitable one. I find it so hard to believe that I have been making my payments and they are still trying to evict me. I'm worried as 1 don't have long to sort this out.

Hi, if we can get the N244 form done so you can take it to your local court on Friday you should get a hearing early next week which is plenty of time.

Firstly, you will need to put in a budget sheet with your N244 form so the judge can see how you can afford the payments ( have affixed one to this post). Remember when you fill it in, that the total amount you are paying towards the arrears is the amount left over after everything else has been paid.

I have also affixed an N244 form. The most important part is Q.10 and I can write you a statement for that part. I will also give you instructions for filling in the rest of the form.

You will need photocopies of the statement showing payments and also of your bank statement for the other payments.

Is the mortgage in joint names?

Are there arrears charges included in the total arrears they are claiming?

Ell

Budget Sheet.xls

n244_0400.pdf

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Hi Ellen

Yes the mortgage is joint. My partner is self employed and hasn't had as much work as usual, things are starting to pick up and we have maintained our payments so we have demonstrated that we can afford the payments. Yes I think they are trying to claim all the arrears but to be honest when you phone them everyone tells you different info. I will ensure I get the forms to the court on friday so if you could tell me what to put on the form that would be really helpful. Also my youngest starts school in september so I will be looking for work myself as well. Do you think its worth calling the FOS as well?

Many thanks

Hi there, the FOS wouldn't be able to do anything before the 14th.

Can you start to fill out the budget sheet and get photocopies of the other proof of payment documents. In the meantime I will start to write the statement for Q.10.

Do you have any letters from them stating the total arrears they are claiming?

Below are the instructions for completing the rest of the form:

1. Your names

2. Tick Defendant

3. Suspension of eviction

4. No

5. Tick at a hearing

6. 15 minutes

Agreed by all parties: No

7. Write - Not applicable

8. District

9. Both Parties

10. Tick box for attached witness statement

Cross out all options except WeBelieve

Sign and cross out all options except Applicant

11. Sign and cross out all options except Applicant. Enter your address and contact details.

It may be later tonight before I finish the statement, so keep checking on this thread as I may need more info :)

Ell

sorry Ellen I think I misunderstood your last question, yes there are arrears charges and I am also charged £115 every month.

Thank you and yes I will keep checking, I think the last letter I had that stated a figure it was about £5k but the recent correspondance from them hasn't had a figure on. I have in the past asked for a statment from when the mortgage was taken out but to date I havn't received one. To be honest I need to sort through things as this has come by complete surprise today. Is it worth me calling the solicitors tomorrow as well? their letter said to email an offer which I did, but they didn't even reply to me. It said its not too late to make an offer so I offered the monthly payment plus £100 suspended order plus £100 on top of that.

Can you really afford £200 on top of the monthly payment??? or are you offering what you think they want to hear hoping they will stop the eviction? There's no point in offering to pay an amount you might not be able to keep up if something happens in a few months - you would just find yourself in the same position again.

You need to be very realistic and stick to what you can afford - if you have been paying £100 + another £20 per week then you should stick to that but only if you really can afford it going forward. Do the sums on the budget sheet and then let me know what you can afford. We can always tell the judge you were pressured into making higher payments.

How many months in arrears do you think you are - does it match up with the £5K they are claiming you owe?

Hi Ellen, I don't think the arrears add up, but until I get a stmt from them I cannot check back. I think I have missed 1 pymt since the suspended order has been in place and 2 prior to that . Sorry I cannot be more sure. Do you think its worth me phoning them or the solicitors tomorrow?

Hi, no harm in ringing them and asking if they received your email - they probably haven't answered you yet as they will have to send your offer to the mortgage company to see if they will accept it.

Ring them in the morning, then post back on here to let us know what they said and we'll take it from there.

Try not to worry too much, I don't think you'll have much trouble getting the eviction cancelled.

Ell

thank you i feel more positive now.....if it went in our favour would the eviction just be postponed or would it be like another suspended order again?

The eviction will be cancelled. If you miss payments again, they can just apply for another eviction warrant. Provided you keep up the payments nothing will happen.

Do the budget sheet and fill in the rest of the form. I'll wait until tomorrow to finish the statement for Q.10. See what the solicitors say about your payment proposal, but just be sure you can afford what you've offered. If you are in any doubt you need to go to court and tell the judge you made the offer under pressure and you need to offer less - it won't go against you - the judge will realise you are being honest and they appreciate that.

Just remember, any unexpected expense can crop up, car repair, boiler something needed for the children - don't leave yourself with no contingency for emergency, or you will be fighting another eviction warrant (not good!).

Ell

Hi Ellen, sorry for the delay today, my internet connection was playing up this morning. I spoke to the solicitors and they were no help, I then called capstone and for once I got a human with compassion. I don't think he could understand why they had gone for eviction when the last 7 months have been paid. He cancelled the eviction straight away. I am so relieved I called the bailiff and even he was nice, he said to call him next week and he would confirm that it had been cancelled with him. Thank you for all your help and positive advice, it really was appreciated.

That's great news! Hope you can relax a bit more now. Don't forget to call the court and check the eviction is cancelled.

Also, did the person you spoke to say they would put it in writing that the eviction would be cancelled?

Ell