You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

rtdm

Want to cut notice period short after threats from the boss!

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4026 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi,

I could do with some advice as soon as possible really...here is the situation...

I handed my notice in on Monday, my notice period is one week. Today the boss found out where I was going, to an ex-client who he has fallen out with, and he wasn’t happy. His words that are bothering me were:

“You know a lot about the company, if anything happens, you don’t have money or a house I can go after, so as my father says, the law of the land lies”

To me that is a threat, my manager told me it wasn’t and that I had misunderstood it, however when I asked her how she understood it she changed the subject.

I have two days left of my notice period, however with this threat I do not really want to continue with it. Do I have grounds to leave without completing my notice period? Is there anything I can do to leave now without breaching my contract?

Thanks again

Rick

Go sick

Hi Rick,

Horrible situation you are in it's a shame when people get nasty, it's not necessary.

Can only suggest options i would be considering....

1. I would definitely go in to work.

2. I would think of telling my new boss. (If you do this in careful way, i.e. that you are loyal employee & would never do such a thing, might make new employer respect you ?)

3. Try and record any further intimidation, on mobile or like or make notes immediately.

4. Make sure there are always co-workers close by to witness anything.

5. Tell old employer you had no intention of divulging anything to new employer, but this behavior is making you reconsider.

Good luck, at end of day if it's too bad on Thursday.. call a sickie on Friday and chill before starting new job.

MNN

Write a grievance letter and send it recorded delivery. Quote what was said and say that this is a threat you consider to be bullying.