One of those days where all goes wrong

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5401 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

You know those days when you wished you stayed at home.....

Had to pop to Newcastle to pick some photos up this afternoon. What should have been a 45 minute job, turned into nearly 3 hours.....First the heavens opened and a nice thunderstorm began - I was still in my shorts and summer top so I got VERY wet. Then, after finally getting the metro train to Newcastle (the sudden storm had caused delays) I got my photos - that's the good part.

Went back to get my Metro home (which is normally a 10 minute journey) to find out that there had been massive signal failures/overhead cable failures caused by the storm. Oh, fantastic thinks I. So, off I trotted, back out in the torrential rain, to find the bus stop. Never having caught the bus before, I had NO idea, so was wandering around, dripping wet, looking for some sort of clue to the whereabouts of the bus station. Finally found it after 10 minutes walking - oh good, I thought, at last! Hmmmm - no buses to mine, great. So, I had to get a bus to Gateshead first. This turned out to be a nightmare as travelling through Newcastle city centre is always bad. So 25 minutes later I arrive at Gateshead and thought my luck was in. My bus for home was sat there - so I climbed aboard and off we went. Well, this 10 minute journey turned into the worst nightmare of all. Two cars had an accident ahead of us causing MASSIVE traffic jams. I waited, and waited, and waited - after moving no where after 15 mins I asked the driver to let me off. Figured it would be quicker to walk the rest of the way (even though it was still raining - I was wet anyway so hey-ho). So off I set......only for 5 minutes later the traffic started moving and the bus I had got off zoomed passed me :mad::mad:

To top it all off - the other half thinks it's hilarious, so he will be milking it for hours now. If he didn't live 400 miles away, I would throttle him.

Clemm..................there was a pic of you paddling down the Toon in today's Daily Telegraph

at least it looked like you, all soaking and bedraggled, hair everywhere, make-up in rivers , splashing through puddles:p:p:D

All advice offered here is my opinion only based on what I would do in a given situation. If you wish to act on it you do so at your own discretion

I have no legal expertise or qualification, and give advice on the basis of my own experience and nothing else.

Clemm..................there was a pic of you paddling down the Toon in today's Daily Telegraph

at least it looked like you, all soaking and bedraggled, hair everywhere, make-up in rivers , splashing through puddles:p:p:D

That would have been me then......

Although I would have thought The Sun would be a more appropriate place for my picture ;):p

Every cloud has a silver lining :rolleyes::D

Hmmmmmm - it's been logged in my brain for future use.......;):p

UK weather: Heatwave gives way to flood alerts - Telegraph

Number 23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Castlebest viewpost.gif

Every cloud has a silver lining :rolleyes::grin:

Hmmmmmm - it's been water- logged in my brain for future use.......:wink:

:p

All advice offered here is my opinion only based on what I would do in a given situation. If you wish to act on it you do so at your own discretion

I have no legal expertise or qualification, and give advice on the basis of my own experience and nothing else.

:Dpractising for the wet tee shirt competition again??

contact JonCris

we DEFINITELY need pics of this:p:p

.......why JonCris :confused:

The pictures would be a huge improvement compared to your "photograph" of me.......unfortunately only the lucky ones get to see 'em ;):p