chasing payment when account in dispute

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5403 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

Could somebody please tell me if Creditors are allowed to chase payment for a debt that is in dispute?

I have filed a dispute with the f.o.s regarding my car hire purchase which I have paid over 3/4 of.

The finance company are aware the f.o.s are involved but are still repeatedly harrassing me for payment and charging me for telephone calls and letters- as well as continuing to apply their extortionate interest to the balance.

I have been told by some that this harrassment is not allowed but others have said the Creditor is allowed to continue to chase payment.

Which is right?

Many Thanks in advance.

write to them and tell them if they continue to ring you whilst the debt is in dispute you will charge them £25.00 for every call and letter you have to answer, why should they be the only ones who think they can charge you for something you dont want

Hello,

Could somebody please tell me if Creditors are allowed to chase payment for a debt that is in dispute?

No this is definitely NOT allowed!

If they ring you either don't answer the call, or if you answer it and then realise who it is, just put the phone down on them.

Keep a diary of each time they call, if they are sending you threatening letters, claiming that you will be hit by a bolt of lightening, then make sure you keep them as evidence.

Next is to report them to the OFT [email protected]

The Office of Fair Trading: Contact us

Then make a complaint to the FOS about them, and if it persists, I always found a gentle word in the direction of your local Police station (not 999) to report that you are being harassed, which is contrary to the Protection from Harassment Act 1997 seems to have the desired effect:D:D

You may wish to print a few copies of this off. If it is telephone harassment.

Don't entertain any of their phone calls, it is your house, your property, and your personal space. Tell em to sling their hook!;)

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!