What are my options ? Please advice

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5371 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello, I am requesting for advice and any further steps available to me in regards to my situation below.

I suffer from a medical condition urgency of micturition which is that I suddenly find myself in a need to pass urine immediatly without any further delay, and whenever I go through this condition my mind doesn't think about anything else apart from to look for a place to pass urine and those moments are difficult for me. I have been on medication since pass over a year and also been to few tests in local hospital, in otherwords I have all the proofs that i suffer from this condition.

The problem is this happen at any time.

4 weeks ago I received a parking ticket just because of this urgency to pass urine, I had no option than to park my car on the side of a road. It was on a single yellow line and it was Bank Holiday (recent bank holiday gone), I did not see any signs of restriction as my mind was fully focused on to look for safe place / corner to pass urine without wasting any time. There were few shops and only one of them allowed to use toilet, until i have passed urine i am in a constant panic attacks in case I leak myself in front of others. by the time i returned to my car there was PCN stuck on a windscreen and then i noticed the restriction sign few meters away, its No Parking Mon - Sat between 0800 - 18.30. this is what happens during urgency to urinate that my mind stop working, lose the ability to think about other matters apart from to look for safe place to pass urine.

I wrote a letter to the council parking dept. with a letter from my doctor and a letter from hospital requesting to waive PCN due to my medical condition which becomes out of my control. I received a reply from the council REJECTING my request to waive charges and asking me to pay £50/- within 14 days or £100 after 14 days.

Would you please kindly advice me what can i do at this stage, i am really going through some hardship and i work part time. I would be greatful for you advice.

So much for the council using their discretion.

You have the option to formally appeal to the adjudicator. I'm no expert so I can't advise you of the likely outcome.

Can you post up a picture of both sides of the PCN and the rejection of your appeal - with identifying details hidden. Their may be errors in the wording that may give you additional grounds to appeal on.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello pin1onu, thanks for the reply and sorry for the delay. I have attached PCN and the refusal letter from the council. Please see if you can see / find a way to get these charges waived. I would also appreciate anyones advice. I dont have enough time left to pay (7 days left) or appeal further once the14 days reduced amount to pay period is over, in other words i will have to pay £100 if my apeal is again refused. thanks

Scans are posted on flickrs. Link : http://www.flickr.com/photos/40077911@N05/

Edited by nasjam

Have you applied for a Blue Badge? There are many people with conditions similar to this who have been able to obtain them. It's definitely worth a try applying - and it will give you short-term parking rights on yellow lines.

Don't worry. Perfectly usual for councils to fob you off. Wait for the NtO, appeal again and then appeal to the Adjudicator (you can do this in writing or in person).

Have you applied for a Blue Badge? There are many people with conditions similar to this who have been able to obtain them. It's definitely worth a try applying - and it will give you short-term parking rights on yellow lines.

A blue Badge will not normally be issued for a condition such as this. They are issued for 'severe mobility problems' and while Councils do have discretion I doubt any Council would issue one for this kind of problem.

However the OP could purchase a RADAR scheme key allowing access to RADAR toilets throughout the UK.

You are quite right sizzler, but I know from my own experience that they are sometimes issued in cases such as this. I used to run my local BB issuing office for a bout a year and we issued a few to people with conditions such as Crohn's disease. These are not strictly conditions which prevent mobility, but as you say discression comes in.

It might be that if the OP applies for a BB they are refused. But what's to lose - just a £2 application fee.

Good News, today i received a letter from the council and agreed to waive PCN charges. Just over week a go I emailed the council Traffic dept. and explained my medical situations again which i had already explained in my 1st letter. Explaining in the email has worked well and good and got the charges waived. Thanks to all for advices.