You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• Well done! This is more than likely the end of it, but you should check with the court at some stage that they've officially discontinued.   They can still chase you for the debt, and they might, but you can just ignore. If they were to issue proceedings again, you can refer to this case in your submissions - it won't reflect very well on them if their case is similar to this time. The chances of them trying again are probably slim though.
    • Send the AOS immediately with intention to defend.  Monitor this thread for a fuller reply lster or tomorrow
    • Update!!!    Email received from solicitors (well I was cc'd in on an email to the Court)   Notice of Discontinuance,   Does this mean it's a "Success" and no more to be heard?   Or potentially they could find the correct paperwork and start a new claim?   But, for the moment, I am happy.   Thanks for the help and guidance on this thread.
    • Hi All, newbie here, hope I'm doing this correctly.   Two years ago the wife was using my car and bought a ticket in a train station car park and displayed it on the dashboard. She returned to find a parking charge notice from Excel. It was a very windy day and it had evidently been blown on the the floor of the car as she left. It did not have a self adhesive part to stick to the window. I subsequently followed their online claim procedure and sent a copy of the ticket but the claim was refused. A couple of days ago I received the County Court Business Centre claim form in the post after presuming it would go away after not hearing from them for about a year (the usual threatening letters from debt recovery companies etc).   I wish I had paid the original £20 as this has been a big worry and hassle, but I just ignored most of the letters after reading stuff online. Obviously I want to dispute the whole of the claim but do I have a decent defence? I would cite the fact that the only reason the ticket was not displayed was that it could not be stuck to the window.   Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated.   Name of the Claimant : Excel Parking Services   Claimants Solicitors: Unknown   Date of issue – 08 July 2020   Date for AOS - 27 July 2020?   Date to submit Defence - 10 August?       What is the claim for – Breach of contract - parked without clearly displaying a valid parking ticket in Brewery St car park, Chesterfield on 02.07. 2018. Defendant has failed to settle the outstanding liability and Claimant seeks recovery of of the parking charge notice, costs and interest       What is the value of the claim? £185.00
    • I have had a letter from RBOS saying they have assigned my debt of £3600 to Cabot however it must be at least 6 years since i did anything with this debt, the letter was sent to my old address.   i have had a look around on the site but cant see a FAQ to do with these issues ( probably me not looking the right area)  .   can anyone advise me on what the next steps are as i assume this debt may be statute barred ? but im loath to ring Cabot and go through any details with them and would rather do it via letter.   as back ground i have other debts with other banks and currently have CCJ obtained via backdoor so im obligated to pay that debt. also did a stepchange thing that showed i have no other available funds to pay these other debts off.   any help appreciated
  • Our picks

• Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 7 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies
style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4017 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I'm not going to be on these forums for a while - if ever.

I've recently had some bad news and it has, in short, completely f***ed me up.

Thanks to everyone for their time and kindness, and good luck to CAG for the future.

Will miss you.

Oh Gyzmo what has happened, you cant leave us

Oh Gizmo I hope you are ok.

If you need to talk confidentially I am sure there are a lot of people who will listen and perhaps help you. I know I will.

Take care ..............sending hugs xxx

I'm sorry to hear you have had such bad news. I hope what ever it is, it can eventually get easier for you.

Cag will be here when ever you are ready to come back.

{{hugs}}

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Gyzmo can we help in any way?

Some useful links.

FAQ's

Making Posts

Letter Template Library

Bank Contact Details

AQ Guide to Completion

Court Fees

Data Protection non Compliance

Witness Statements for Court Bundle

Banking Code Website

Limitations Act

Fast Track Costs

A-Z Index

Mis-Claim Tutorial

Step By Step Instructions

Remember: The Ark was built by amateurs-The Titanic by professionals.

Please click my scales if you find my advice helpful !

If your claim is successful, please donate 5% so that it can continue to help others.

Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, please seek qualified professional legal Help.

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

YOU CAN NOW COMPLAIN TO THE OFT ABOUT THEIR CONDUCT UNDER THE CONSUMER PROTECTION FROM UNFAIR TRADING REGULATIONS 2008.

All the best, Gyzmo. I hope that you can overcome your bad news quickly.

We will all be here if you need any help, or even just a shoulder to cry on.

You only need to say.

Good luck.

Regards, Rooster.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Ditto the last two.. :)

If my post was helpful don't forget to click the star!

Advice is offered freely, without liability and without prejudice.

If in any doubt professional legal advice should be sought.

I do not profess to be in any way legally trained, I am a big

oily truck driver and all I know has been learned within the

Consumer Action Group.

FAQ's

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/

Trying to stop smoking?

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/give-up-smoking-here/

A dummies guide to the forums

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

--

KEEP WILDLIFE IN THE WILD

http://www.bornfree.org.uk

BORN FREE FOUNDATION

--

You haven't murdered your new neighbours have you Gyz? (even though you probably had every right to). I hope everything is (and will be) ok.

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

Just saw this.

You have my e-mail addy if you want to talk.

Completely selfishly, I beg you not to go, who else is going to help me bang people's heads together about statutory rights? :razz:

I'm not going to be on these forums for a while - if ever.

I've recently had some bad news and it has, in short, completely f***ed me up.

Thanks to everyone for their time and kindness, and good luck to CAG for the future.

Will miss you.

Sorry to hear your bad news, hope you are ok, if there is anything i can do to help please PM me.

The retailers worst nightmare !

My sentiments are the same as everyone else on ere gyzmo - you'll be missed - :( . Obviously a major event has caused you to take this course , but I hope everything works out for you eventually , CAG can ill afford to lose you ..... Best of Luck to you ......

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you think I've helped you please feel free to tickle my star :-D

So sorry to hear you wont be here anymore. Your posts helped and encouraged me in my early days on CAG. I loved your old spinning penguin sig and always knew there was friendly advice when I saw it. Made me smile when I was very confused and worried.

Good luck Gyz, I will miss you. I hope you manage to cope with your bad news.:(

you will be missed

you are always welcome

and ofcourse if we can ever help......

please comeback if you ever can, we need guys like you,

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s would collapse overnight.

Hi Gyz, you can come back anytime you want. If there is anything that you need, there are a lot of people here who can help.

My sentiments are the same as everyone else. I really hope you are ok, and that you will get through the time you are going through now.

All the best Gyzmo x

:)I am not an expert, but I can give good advice about Brighthouse:)

Am learning more and more about DCA's too :)

I have no legal experience and all advice given is based on the knowledge I've gained from this site.

<------If you think I have been helpful, please feel free to tip my scales - remember to put your CAG name though!

Gyz, you don't live that far from me. If you ever want a couple days away from whatever it is, you are welcome to stay here.

Guest wino

Sorry to read that you feel it necessary to leave Gyzmo. :(

You obviously have your reasons but as said previously pm someone if you need to talk.

You will be greatly missed on here. I know a lot of times I have read someones post and thought 'Thats one for Gyzmo to answer' and sure enough when I check back later you have answered with sound advice.

Please come back when you are ready- CAG needs you xxx

I loved your old spinning penguin sig
I think you're confusing the Gyzmos, Noomill. :-D

just read this hope everythings ok gyzmo and wish u the best you11 be missed i know good 1uck xxxkia

Sorry, bookie. Was it you with the spinning penguin?

Sorry, bookie. Was it you with the spinning penguin?

No it was gizmo111 noomill :D

:eek: Gyz hun you will be missed, i shall miss your little cat avatar

Ditto what everyone else has said pm me if you want to chat i'm on my own every evening and have free calls so we could chat until sun up if you wanted to?

Anyway take care of yourself :sad:

I QUESTION THEREFORE I AM!! [sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Unfortunately i'm not an expert in any given field legally and my advice and that of the Consumer Action Group and the Bank Action Group is given without prejudice and without liability so please if in any doubt whatsoever seek help from an insured qualified professional. Contents of my posts are purely my own personal opinions and not condoned or endorsed in any way, shape or form by CAG. Thank you! :p

I have been smoke-free for 4yrs

Guest wino

Has anyone spoke to gyzmo or emailed etc? There is obviously

something very wrong and I hate to think that gizmo is going through it alone. We don't need to know details just that gizmo is ok

No it was gizmo111 noomill :grin:

Oh, FFS!

Im pengiun'd out. Far too many about these days. I swear I saw one in a DFS advert last Christmas but no one believes me.

Nope, lol, although it was me who found it for her at the time.

The spinner was Gizmo111, who is not the same person as Gyzmo. This Gyzmo here is VERY knowledgeable on everything consumer related, straightforward, solid, dependable and someone whose knowledge I have relied on many a time. He could be found mainly on the consumer side of things for the reasons described above as he wouldn't really stick his nose in subjects he knew nothing about. When this young Gyzmo has something to say, btw, he'll say it straight, as it is, with him, you know exactly where you are, lol. Maybe that's why I like him so much, come to think of it. :-D

Edit: Bloomin' 'eck, everyone is typing a lot faster tham me tonight! :shock:

just spotted this.

Giz, whassap?

I hope you dont leave, you have a lot of pals here. ;)

HSBC WON three times!!!!! Read about my continuing battle (claim FOUR!) Link HERE

Capital One WON Link

HERE

GE capital (5 accounts) WON link HERE

Lloyds bank account WON second claim starting! link HERE

Budget insurance cough up WON link HERE

Principles WON link HERE

A&L (Mrs Crusher's account) claim link HERE

Barclays claim link HERE

Any advice given is on an informal basis only and without prejudice or liability. In in any doubt, consult a qualified lawyer.

IF YOU HAVE GOT YOUR MONEY BACK, PUT SOME BACK INTO THE SITE TO HELP KEEP IT OPEN!