what now help

kell4040
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5292 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hello i sent barclay credit card a cca request they just sent terms and cond i sent them a budget sheet and our out goings and what we could afford to pay they have ignored all letters that i have sent even though they were recorded they still wont freeze intrest or accept the payments we have left what do i do please help

Hi Kell,

Have you checked to see if there are penalty charges on the a/c. BC will repay these quickly and this could help reduce the a/c balance.

You'll see the majority of BC threads are about users trying to get sight of their credit agreement. Read through some of them and you'll see what action others are taking.

Read the CPR thread at Link No2 in my signature below.

If they ignore your requests to accept lower pay'ts, stop paying or pay what you can. They'll start harassing you but this is unavoidable.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi Kell,

I was in the same boat.. I sent a letter direct to the CEO @ Barclays and they confirmed in writing that as long as I paid more than 1% of the balance they would allow a six months interest freeze and reduced repayments.

So far so good.

Address I sent to:-

John Varley

CEO

Barclays Bank PLC t/a Barclaycard

1 Churchill Place

London

E14 5HP

S.

• Haha 1

all i got from barclay card were t&c when i sent them cca request at the top of the t&c there is barclaycard conditions credit card agreement and my name and address i took this card out over 18 months ago i changed my address 3 months ago the address on the t&C they sent has my new address on so the t&c they did send me are not from the time i took out this card are they ment to do this

yes i will try on the letter they sent me with it they said they sent me an origanal T&C at the time of opening the account but that would of show my address at the time i open the account wouldnt it

hi my p.c not letting me do it at moment but they are the same T&C that they have sent out to many people on here its just said they sent me a copy of the original barclaycard terms and conditions at the time i opened the account but this would of had my last address and not the new one also i did get this online so my chance are slim of getting anything back from them thanks

hi my p.c not letting me do it at moment but they are the same T&C that they have sent out to many people on here its just said they sent me a copy of the original barclaycard terms and conditions at the time i opened the account but this would of had my last address and not the new one also i did get this online so my chance are slim of getting anything back from them thanks

they are allowed to send you the LATEST T & C's if they have been varied

have they sent you anything with the prescribed terms and a space where your signature would go and a date?

(and do NOT acknowledge that you received the original T & C's 18 months ago)

hello i have been reading posts and decided to write to barclaycard i sent off a template part 31.16 requesting my cca on the 7th july.

i got 2 letters this morning one from barclaycard date 14th july asking for urgent payment

no mention of my previous letters including one putting them in default for not supplying my cca that i sent with £1.00 p.o

they say there could be a referral of debt collector, home visit or court order, charging order, and one from mercers dated 15th july demanding payment what do i do now i am real worried

hello i have been reading posts and decided to write to barclaycard i sent off a template part 31.16 requesting my cca on the 7th july.

i got 2 letters this morning one from barclaycard date 14th july asking for urgent payment

no mention of my previous letters including one putting them in default for not supplying my cca that i sent with £1.00 p.o

they say there could be a referral of debt collector, home visit or court order, charging order, and one from mercers dated 15th july demanding payment what do i do now i am real worried

what reason did you give for the request can you post the letter up

what date did you send the cca requests were they recorded delivery and have you got the receipts, was ANNTHINg returned if so it would help to post it up (minus personal details)

hi i told them i would like to make sure it was properly executed i sent template letters from off here my p.c playing up so cant put anything on here at moment. i rang consumer direct and they told me just because they have not sent anything out they are still within there rights i also pointed out that so am i and that i need them so i can get my debt etc sorted out. she said they dont have to acknowledge any letters were do i go from here

i sent all letters r.d and have proof like i said i didnt get any reply to any of the letters sent to them

hi i told them i would like to make sure it was properly executed i sent template letters from off here my p.c playing up so cant put anything on here at moment. i rang consumer direct and they told me just because they have not sent anything out they are still within there rights i also pointed out that so am i and that i need them so i can get my debt etc sorted out. she said they dont have to acknowledge any letters were do i go from here

i sent all letters r.d and have proof like i said i didnt get any reply to any of the letters sent to them

i stand to be corrected here as i am not legally qualified but i would say that THEY would argue that you are fishing and do not have reasonable grounds for the request

The analogy i would put forward is me walking into a safety deposit box section of a bank and asking if i could loo kthrough them all just in case i might find something that belongs to me

what you should (IMO) have stated was that you beleive that the agreement is not properly executed and you could give in support of that belief the failuree to provide under s78 or refer to what thay have provided under s 78 and not being a properly executed agreement

PT42 is the expert on these but thats my opinion for what its worth

this is what was in the template letter that i beleived that the agreement is not properly executed and you could give in support of that belief the failuree to provide under s78 or refer to what thay have provided under s 78 and not being a properly executed agreement all the letters i have sent them i have printed off from this site i also sent them a 31.16 request

• 3 months later...

hello my ex partner spoke to someone from barclaycard and they said they would do a f&f offer

he told them that a friend (thats me ) would loan him money to pay off debt he owes on credit cards.

he wrote the letter stating that this was for a f&f offer and to only cash the cheque if accepting i wrote the cheque out as i was lending him the money yes i didnt need to but the house is still in joint names and i dont want to lose this i have 2 young children now my ex has had a letter back after they have cashed the cheque saying they have no record of the telephone call that was made he never got anything in writing

what is my position now can they do this even though on the back i did say only to cash this if accepting full and final offer this they did please help what now

This is why you must get everything in writing. They will tell you any bull plop on the phone to get money out of you.

Did you send the cheque/letter by recorded delivery?

That is your only hope of any argument I think, that you stated DO NOT cash this cheque unless you agree it is a F&F settlement.

otherwise I don't think you have a leg to stand on.

Only other option is to SAR them and ask for full transcipts of any telephone conversations, though I am sure these will be doctored to their benefit

hello the cheque on the back did state do not cash this cheque unless you agree it is a f&f settlement this cheque was made out from me i do not owe this company anything the money owed is my ex partners debt i also stated that it should be sent back if they did not accept this this letter was photo copy and sent r.d

hello the cheque on the back did state do not cash this cheque unless you agree it is a f&f settlement this cheque was made out from me i do not owe this company anything the money owed is my ex partners debt i also stated that it should be sent back if they did not accept this this letter was photo copy and sent r.d

They are not interested in the slightest who the cheque is from as long as it is made out to them and it cashed.

You could try writing to them with a copy of the letter and the POD and contact your bank to obtain of copy of the cheque, then send everything to them, but as I say I think the money is history with regards to a full & final as nothing was in writing