• Tweets

• Yep, true to form, they are happy to just save a couple of quid... They invariably lose in court, so to them, that's a win. 😅
    • Your concern regarding the 14 days delivery is a common one. Not been on the forum that long, but I don't think the following thought has ever been challenged. My view is that they should have proof of when it was posted, not when they "issued", or printed it. Of course, they would never show any proof of postage, unless it went to court. Private parking companies are simply after money, and will just keep sending ever more threatening letters to intimidate you into paying up. It's not been mentioned yet, but DO NOT APPEAL! You could inadvertently give up useful legal protection and they will refuse any appeal, because they're just after the cash...  
    • The sign says "Parking conditions apply 24/7". Mind you, that's after a huge wall of text. The whole thing is massively confusing.  Goodness knows what you're meant to do if you spend only a fiver in Iceland or you stay a few minutes over the hour there.
    • Hi and thanks It looks like they ticked all the boxes to me but I'll try and upload the notice. I was wondering if a witness to late delivery might be considered proof - I'm assuming they posted it as normal but Royal Mail stuffed up delivery. If not then they're really saying it just has to be posted within 12 days of the incident, regardless of when it is received. Annoying! edit ok thanks Honeybee here's my 2nd (actually 3rd) attempt at anonymising, copying and uploading the notice! Sorry about the state of it - I sat on it while distracted by my dog 🙃 pcn front.pdf pcn back page.pdf
    • ROFL - dont get upset just because someone (quite a lot of someones) dont want smart meters - well unless you get paid for it .. in which case ...   I assume you haven't been with Octopus long enough to be on one of the very long fixed price tariffs they offered before the prices went bonkers .. and that you dont use your electricity in the evening/lunch time if you think the 'agile type tariffs are good value .. let alone worth installing a smart meter for - high price a good disincentive for an evening cuppa eh? Let alone all your computer/tv etc time in the peak price evening or lunch time. - and boy do those peak prices instantly hammer your bill when those Russian and middle eastern issues kick off.   I would only have considered a smart meter if solar panels had been an option for me - but roof is oriented completely the wrong way. Oh - and My opinion hasn't changed since the smart meter trials 40 years ago, because neither have the issues (well not enough) but I'm happy for you. Be happy for me.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

me & my mortgage with YBS

Preuss
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5401 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Folk of CAG,

I've been following several threads for almost a week now and I am absolutely delighted that there are brave peopole out there who are fighting for their rights against finance mob.

Ell-en kindly suggested to start my own thread and to explain in what mess I managed to get into...

My husband lost his job in Feb this year and we fell in arrears with our mortgage payments - more than 6K at the moment. As you can already suspect account was passed to solicitors on the 7th June and we got already a court date 22 Jul 09.... Having in addition Welcome Finance and RCIFS, I can say this is the biggest nightmare I ever was in.

I was hoping that YBS being a high street lender will be more cooperative but seems they are no different from any sub-prime shark. Today I've received a letter stating that they are going for the straight 28 day order on the account... because I am unable to bring the arrears below 2 months outstanding balance... how I can if my husband was on JBS until the end of May... and he now got only a temporary job on as needed basis... and I am out of business... no income at all... and no help from anyone...

totaly devastated...:Cry:

Preuss

OK, lets see what we can do.

Have you checked you are getting all the benefits you are entitled to?

Is your mortgage interest only or capital and interest?

Have you kept YBS advised of your situation and have they offered any help to you at all (they should have - in line with the government recommendations for mortgage arrears protocols).

Do you have any children?

Once we get more info we'll know the best advice to give you.

Ell-enn

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Hi Ell-en,

At the moment we are not entitled to any benefits, my husband is working more than 16 hours a week and I am a managing director of my almost sinking co. And we have no kids...

Mortgage is capital + interest. I've already asked YBS for a temporary relief from dec 08 to Feb 09, they accepted but in Feb my husband lost his job and everything went pear shaped... He was on JSA until May and we even got an application from Job Centre for mortgage interest relief, but because he suddenly started to earn more than £60 a week this opportunity has gone (looks like if you got yourself into trouble just sit back and relax - government is going to do everything for you, but if you are trying not to become a burden then you are allowed to drown... I still do not understand that kind of reasoning).

YBS knew everything but when arrears become 3 months they requested to lower arrears to min 2 month (to pay in one lump sum). Having an approx £600 income per month not much it is possible to pay. All communication was by phone. This means I do not have any substantial proof that they were informed... sooo stupid of me. They offered only one type of help - advised to contact PayPlan. These people reffered me back to YBS... citizens advise bureau did the same... enchanced circle...

We submitted a claim to Employment tribunal v ex employer for my husbands constructive dismissal. I've sent confirmation to YBS. they replay was "We are unable to hold action based on a tribunal against .... due to the time scale involved and there is no quarantee that the judgement will be in your favour". The case consists of many parts - racial discrimination, contract breach, non payment... I do not think that ET just going to say that everything is rubbish... sorry

Funny enough, my husband is going to sign a contract for a permantent job in two weeks and looks like my business is picking up, we definitely can start to pay monthly instalments + something in addition from August onwards. But YBS do not want to wait...

In addition my mortgage is complicated. It consists of three parts:

1. 75% From YBS - interest 6.9%

2. 12.5% From YBS, for five years no interest then 3%

3. 12.5% From Housing association, no interest at all, only when selling a house they will hit us with 12.5% on a price increase (of course not in the current market contitions).

That's the story... any ideas?

Hi there, first thing you need to do is to write to the lender (copy to their solicitors), making your offer of payment (this will prove to the court that you have asked for their help). You need to quote the Civil Justice Council Mortgage Arrears Protocols whereby lenders are supposed to offer help to those in arrears i.e. capitalising the arrears, changing to interest only for a period etc etc.

If you need help with the letter, please let me know and I'll happily draft one for you.

Ell

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Hi there, OK I will draft a letter and put it on this thread later today.

In the meantime, you need to fill in a budget sheet to show how you are going to afford the payments (I have affixed one for you). Remember that the amount you are offering to pay towards the arrears (in addition to the normal monthly payment) is the amount left over after everything else has been paid. You need to show what your husband's salary will be in his new job.

How much are you able to pay each month?

Ell

Budget Sheet.xls

How much will you be able to afford to pay towards the arrears when your husband is in his new job?

Hi there, affixed is the letter. You will need to insert information where I have put XXX's for your names and amount you are offering to pay. (remove the XXX's)

When you print it out make sure it all stays on one page (set your printer for A4 paper not Letter size).

Don't forget to attach the budget sheet. Keep a copy for yourselves and send by recorded delivery so you can print off the signature receipt from Royalmail website as you may need to prove to the court they received the letter.

Any questions, just shout.

Ell

Preuss letter.doc

Hi Ell,

I went over the budget sheet. The most that I can afford to pay as of mid August is £100 in addition. That's it.

If honestly, I don't feel very well when looking at all these numbers... not a repayment, but the total amount of debt...

thank you very much

Ell,

Thanks for the letter, I am going to finish it today and send it tomorrow, not the first thing in the morning but as soon as I am back from London. The last couple of days was too bloody busy and tomorrow I am playing a courier - delivering a bid papers that I helped to prepare. Results will be known next week. I am praying that the contract will go through and I am going to have my first pay in a half year...

good night

If you will really struggle to pay an extra £100 reduce it to £50 (just increase some of your outgoings on the budget sheet). You have to have something left each month as a contingency for emergency expenditure, and heating bills will increase again towards the end of the year.

How much are the arrears?

Ell

Morning :)

Mortgage arrears on 16th July will be £6513. If to pay £50 each month then it will take 130 months to get back on track... YBS are not going to be happy, but I will try to persuade them based on the fact that my mortgage is for much longer than 10 years.

Have a great day!

Ell,

I hope you are well and had a nice weekend ;)

Could you please help me to complete a defence form for house repo. From everything I've red so far looks like q.27 is the most important and I need to get it right. The rest are pretty straight forward yes/no qestions, with those I can deal...

And one more thing, as I've mentioned in one of my posts my mortgage consists of three parts - one standard mortgage and two equity loans. I am trying to understand how standard mortgage and equity loan should be documented. When the mortgage was arranged I've got from the lender one mortgage offer where both parts are described separately. Is this correct or there should be two different documents. In FSA Factsheet "Open market homebuy scheme" it is said that "if you borrow under the scheme, you will take out three different loans. Each works in a different way..." but from all documents I have it looks like there are only two loans - one from YBS and another from HomeBuy agent.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Preuss