• Tweets

• Includes eligibility, appeals, tax credits and Universal Credit View the full article
    • Public backs debt enforcement to support vital public services - survey | CIVEA View the full article
    • Hi   Fire Protection isn't just for cladding fire proofing doors etc it also includes Annual Fire Inspections which all add to costs.   Water Charge for the communal boiler fault managed by SSE It would depend how your housing association has setup the contract with SSE. (sounds as if you have a Combined Heat and Power system (CHP)) if this is the case my own Housing Association also has this its the largest CHP in the UK still and it is run and managed by SSE right down to they repair faults at their cost not the tenants its how the contract was setup). As said it would depend on how your HA setup the contract with SSE.   If it is a CHP system and the fault as you have describe these are not cheap to repair/get a replacement parts. (my own HA CHP covers thousands of properties and has three boilers two are constantly used the third is and emergency backup/used if maintenance on others required.)   If all tenants are being charged this £200-£300 have the HA added this as a Service Charge as part of your Rent Statement?   I am a HA Tenant and if I had this as a HA Tenant myself I certainly would be challenging it with the HA as such costs should have been budgeted for in the HA Budget Plan.   Do you have a Tenants Committee/Registered Tenants Organisation (RTO) if so as well as complaint to the HA I would also inform them of this   With your letter Make sure and Title it 'Formal Complaint' this way they have to log it as a complaint which in turn in turn must be added to the HA return to the Regulator.   Only if you consider getting together with other tenants as a Group to complain about this the best advice I will give you is always complain individual as well as a Group. (note: why you ask well individually as stated they have to log all those complaints but as a Group its only one complaint logged the Group one)
    • ukcps just a typo martin.   you don't really have to really worry   just sit tight and await to see if they issue a letter of claim or action.   the landlord will have copies of everything if the renters didn't fwd it on as they should do.
    • I'm not 100% upto speed with the latest PAP but my understanding is i have 30 days to reply to the LoC.   I have asked for an up to date statement as i havent had one in well over 12 months and i was playing with them a bit, so i might wait a week for that to arrive so i have it in black and white before firing off the SB, it will be sent anyway but would like to see all my ducks in a row first if i can before pulling the trigger.
  • Our picks

• @curryspcworld @TeamKnowhowUK - Samsung 75 8K TV - completely broken by Currys. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/426151-samsung-75-8k-tv-completely-broken-by-currys/&do=findComment&comment=5069075
      • 4 replies
    • @skinnyfoodco Skinny Foods. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/426130-skinny-foods/&do=findComment&comment=5068996
      • 8 replies
    • I’m in desperate need of help

I bought some clothes online in may through Evans and paid through PayPal
      returned them all seven days later

I waited the 14days for my refund and no refund came
      I put in a dispute through PayPal but I didn’t get any emails to escalate the case - PayPal closed it. 
      evans said they couldn’t refund the money because PayPal have cancelled the refund because of the open dispute

I contacted PayPal
      they said the dispute had been closed but Evans at no point had attempted a refund.
      fast forward to today

I’ve got copies of numerous messages sent to and from twitter messages as it’s the only way I can contact them
      I’ve also contacted their customer service too
      all I get is PayPal have cancelled refund because dispute is still open.

I have proved that the dispute is closed
      I have got an email saying that if Evans sent the refund they would accept it
      but up until the date I got the email they have not once attempted a refund .

I have sent them a letter before court email
      I have even offered to have the full refund as a gift card just to get this sorted !

I’m literally at the end of my tether and don’t know where to turn next !

i suffer with mental health issues and this is affecting my health and I’d saved the money for a year to buy these clothes as I’m on a low income .
    • In desperate need of help. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/425244-in-desperate-need-of-help/&do=findComment&comment=5067040
      • 29 replies

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4100 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I got a parking ticket at college from a company called "Valley Enforcement LTD", recently changed from "WJ Parking LTD". They are demanding £70 within 7 days or the charge will be increased to £100! This is a ridiculous charge for a student that will at most have a part time job, i don't. How can they expect me to pay this?

I remembered watching Watchdog one night and they said you don't actually have to pay tickets from private companies, read a few threads on here and it seems true, just wanted to be certain, so could anybody please enlighten me!

Hi general opinion is IGNORE, ignore etc.

Normally 2 letter from PPC then 2 from DCA(next desk) then 2 from supposed solicitor (Next but one desk)

Ignore completely till you get real court papers approx 0.000001% chance of ever getting one.

dpick

cannot find it A to Z

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/consumer-forums-website-questions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html

Halifax :D

Paid in full £2295

MBNA:mad: 20/03/2008 settled in full out of court

Capital One:D

07/07/2007 Capital one charges paid in full £1666

19/01/2008 recovered PPI £2216 + costs

Littlewoods :-D

12/08/2007 write off £1176.10 debt.

JD Williams charges refunded in full £640

Ok i had sent an appeal that got rejected, does this matter? Could you explain an unenforceable invoice please.

Ok i had sent an appeal that got rejected, does this matter? Could you explain an unenforceable invoice please.

An invoice is a bill for goods or services

Unenforceable is something that cannot be forced, in this case it is you that cannot be forced to pay something

Put the two together and you have an uneforceable invoice, we would call it a worthless bit of paper, the parking companies like to call them charge notices and hope that you will pay it.

It's unenforceable because if they take you to Court they will lose (AND THEY KNOW IT) and you don't have to pay it.

It doesn't matter that you sent an appeal, they don't have a genuine appeals process, all that will do is get you a few more letters from them

than you would have got if you hadn't appealed (in a way an appeal kind of builds up their hopes because they think they have got you hooked and you will pay)

Mossy

All you have done by appealing is to bite their bait. Now they know you were the driver they will pursue you relentlessly for many months. Ignore them totally and they will give up, but expect lots of letters mentioning Debt collectors, Bailiffs (rubbish) and credit files, solicitors and the works. All of which is hogwash.

Ok i had sent an appeal that got rejected,

:shock:

Appeal rejected, never known that to happen before!!!!

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

NO

NEVER FORGET

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Help Our Hero's Website

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/

HIGHWAY OF HEROES

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/181826-last-tribute-our-lads.html

Like Cooking ? check the Halogen Cooker thread

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/218990-cooking-halogen-cookers.html

Just found out they are part of the BPA, does this make any difference?

In the past a PPC that tried it in court had their case dismissed as soon the defendant said the PPC was a BPA member and had not followed the CoP.