Outrageous Charge

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5410 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I got a parking ticket at college from a company called "Valley Enforcement LTD", recently changed from "WJ Parking LTD". They are demanding £70 within 7 days or the charge will be increased to £100! This is a ridiculous charge for a student that will at most have a part time job, i don't. How can they expect me to pay this?

I remembered watching Watchdog one night and they said you don't actually have to pay tickets from private companies, read a few threads on here and it seems true, just wanted to be certain, so could anybody please enlighten me!

Ok i had sent an appeal that got rejected, does this matter? Could you explain an unenforceable invoice please.

An invoice is a bill for goods or services

Unenforceable is something that cannot be forced, in this case it is you that cannot be forced to pay something

Put the two together and you have an uneforceable invoice, we would call it a worthless bit of paper, the parking companies like to call them charge notices and hope that you will pay it.

It's unenforceable because if they take you to Court they will lose (AND THEY KNOW IT) and you don't have to pay it.

It doesn't matter that you sent an appeal, they don't have a genuine appeals process, all that will do is get you a few more letters from them

than you would have got if you hadn't appealed (in a way an appeal kind of builds up their hopes because they think they have got you hooked and you will pay)

Mossy

All you have done by appealing is to bite their bait. Now they know you were the driver they will pursue you relentlessly for many months. Ignore them totally and they will give up, but expect lots of letters mentioning Debt collectors, Bailiffs (rubbish) and credit files, solicitors and the works. All of which is hogwash.

Just found out they are part of the BPA, does this make any difference?

In the past a PPC that tried it in court had their case dismissed as soon the defendant said the PPC was a BPA member and had not followed the CoP.