Court date through for set aside, advice please.***WON***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5379 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a Court date of the 28th July for a set aside of a CCJ from RBS & Bryan Carter.

The only thing I have sent so far is a N244 as below, what else do I need to do or send? I have scoured the forum but can't find anything specific to my situation as others have disputed the 2nd CCJ before it was granted.

Any & all advice welcome please.

N244sentpage1edited.jpg

N244sentpage2edited.jpg

Copy of Bryan Carter's letter marked B1 in N244

3CCJSatisfiededited.jpg

Many Thanks

Morph

I think that you'll find that BC agree to setting the Judgment aside.

Can I ask what happened with the original claim - did you get the summons - did you do anything with it...

I don't think that you will have a problem with your application - if you let us know when you get a hearing date we'll run through the process - I ought to add that it is unlikely that they will even attend court - they don't usually...

If I've helped feel free to add to my reputation.

I am not a Practising Lawyer. My comments are my opinion only. You should not rely upon those comments and should always take your own professional advice from a practising Solicitor or Barrister

Hi IGNM, I did receive the 1st lot of court papers but it was at a time when I wasn't opening my mail regularly, so I opened the Claim form & the default judgment at the same time. I wasn't to bothered at the time as it was only for about 10% of what I owed (in hindsight eh!).

I paid off the CCJ in installments so it's still on file & credit report but got the above letter advising satisfied, I then got a letter from B.C advising I still owed them £XXXX & I offered to continue with the same payments I'd been making but the only response I got was a second claim form, I again offered to continue payments & that resulted in me "accepting" the 2nd CCJ apparently.

11am on Tues 28th is when I'm due at court, I'm hoping the fact that B.C. have stopped calling me as the 1st sign that they might be filing this one in the cock up pile?

Many thanks

Morph

If the set aside is granted, what do people think my chances are of claiming back monies paid to Bryan Carter under threat of ramifications from an unlawfully obtained CCJ.:?

I don't want to push my luck but lets face it if it isn't lawful to obtain a second CCJ then should it be lawful for BC to gain monies from it?:-|

All opinions welcome

Morph

as i understand it, once u have set aside, the claim returns to the beginning, therefore if u have paid any monies under an order on that judgment, u shud get it back.

• 2 weeks later...
Any advice please?

what is it u need morph?

what is it u need morph?

Perhaps it's in respect of claiming damages etc.?

Andy popped this on my thread so it may be relevant.

The Claimant, possessing no legal right to claim monies allegedly owed, has acted unlawfully in obtaining a CCJ and registering said Notice with Credit Reference Agencies. Such conduct is a breach of the Data Protection Act 1998 and amounts to defamation. under The Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977 and The Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999.

Spam.:)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

They say money talks......mine just keeps saying "Goodbye"

what is it u need morph?

I just need to know if I need anything other than copies of my above paperwork, like sworn statements or ,well anything really. It just seems that I'm going into this a bit "light" on paperwork or am I over thinking this?

Morph

have a look at spams thread here, in particular andyorch post #212 which may help explain the process and whats reqd:

CCJ and interest on debt. - Page 11 - The Consumer Forums

I just need to know if I need anything other than copies of my above paperwork, like sworn statements or ,well anything really. It just seems that I'm going into this a bit "light" on paperwork or am I over thinking this?

Morph

Hi Morph,

Just by going on the advice I've received on my thread so far, you basically just need a draft defence to prove you have a chance of success... nothing too complicated, just enough to show the basics are there to build on if it went to trial, and a reason why you didn't defend in the first place...

At least that's the way I'm seeing it.

Doh... too late!

Edited by Spamalot
R&B snuck up behind me!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks guys, I'll have to re-read all my subbed threads & the suggested ones an hour at a time, any longer & I get confuddled & word blind.

I s'pose it SHOULD be straightforeward, BC broke the rules with the 2nd CCJ so it is only right to set it aside. My challenge will be to get some of the monies paid back & some costs.

thanks to all again.

Morph

hi morph

just to add another few hours to your reading....this has elements of costs and reclaiming in it which might be of use and its a 'won' thread:)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/dca-legal-successes/171391-davey77-capital-one-3.html#post2291461

Just a thought. You say that the original CCJ was for only 10% of the debt. The balance referred to in BC's letter could be the remaining 90% and it could be this 90% that the second CCJ is for

Or have I missed something?

Yes that's correct BUT the rule is that you cannot split the claim, however BC does this to make sure he gets his fees & stuff everyone else concerned.

Morph

• 2 weeks later...

Well I won my Set Aside:D, Bryan Carter or RBS didn't attend but they sent notice that they wouldn't object to the set aside & would discontinue the claim if I didn't press for costs.

District Judge not interested in the fact I wanted to reclaim money I'd paid out for the 2nd CCJ & asked the dreaded "Do you owe the debt" & I said I didn't dispute owing them something just not the figure they have produced, he seemed to accept that without issue.

He advised perhaps I should have requested the refund in with the set aside application & to do my homework if I wanted to claim any money back but to be wary of how much it could cost me if I failed.:sad:

I'll take the win in the knowledge I may not have got my money back but the only person RBS can demand the outstanding balance from is Bryan Carter & not me;)

Morph

Hey Morph...

Sorry :oops:.. belated 'thank yous' for trying to find out about the 'admission' issue, I meant to post on Robcags thread but forgot. It's all still a bit of dilemma.:confused:

Thanks again for trying.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]