You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3981 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Few weeks ago got a letter from iqor, sent them the prove it letter by recorded delivery, it was signed for, and now they've sent me this:

iqor.jpg

So what shall I send them now?

If I have been helpful in any way, please tip my scales :lol:

well even if they threaten court they still have to prove the debt is yours personally if it was mine id ignore em

72hrs to respond or what, send it back and say it arrived after their deadline and they can whistle, and if you want to contact ebay what the hell has it got to do with them anyway

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly

---------

Advice is given freely but is in no way meant to be taken as Gospel:-)

I pinched this letter from elsewhere on CAG, but it pretty much sums up what you could reply to them:

Dear Sir/madam

I made a request to your company to prove the alleged debt you claim that I owe. This is a perfectly lawful and reasonable request to make when someone disputes an alledged debt. But you reply basically accusing me of debt avasion. Why?

As you will be aware under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 I have a legal right to the information and documents I have requested from you. You will also be aware without such documents, any legal action you may take will result in your claim being struck out and costs awarded.

Your companies behaviour so far has been nothing short of disgraceful and I will have no hesitation in reporting this to the Office of Fair Trading, Trading Standards and the The Information Commissioners Office.

You have 7 days to comply with my original request. I will not correspond with you further until you do.

Please note any court action you try to take will be defended. I will also counter claim, as your demands for payment on an alleged debt you have so far refused to prove exists, will be treated as harassment.

I look forward to a prompt reply.

Yours Faithfully, xxxxxxxxxx

Or, do as above, send them a copy of their letter back........;)

:)I am not an expert, but I can give good advice about Brighthouse:)

Am learning more and more about DCA's too :)

I have no legal experience and all advice given is based on the knowledge I've gained from this site.

<------If you think I have been helpful, please feel free to tip my scales - remember to put your CAG name though!

dont give them 7 days give them 72 hrs, thats their time limits, morons

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly

---------

Advice is given freely but is in no way meant to be taken as Gospel:-)

Right, so I sent them a 'prove it' letter, they said they would close their file, now I get a letter from them with enclosed 'agreement' with ebay - it's just internet print-offs of ebay's t&c, nothing in it that relates to me whatsoever.

The idiots!!

Which is the best letter template to use?

What do they mean by "Do not refer to Ebay". Is this a debt with Ebay? Can you have a debt with Ebay?

:!: Activ Kapital 2009 - £316 debt cancelled due to no credit agreement

:!: TNC Legal Collections (Swinton) - £61 written off due to complaint being upheld with the FOS

:D Be Happy and treat people exactly how you would like to be treated

:mad: Don't let people take advantage of you and stand up for your rights and beliefs

:p You only live once so don't take things so seriously

I have a friend who is receiving the same letters from Iqor, I have delved into it a bit for them & the best I can ascertain the debt is for ebay sellers fees because if it were a chargeback from a transaction it would be from Paypal not ebay.

Iqor's reference numbers do not match anything that ebay use, item numbers, account names, account ID, invoice number etc. Nothing matches whatsoever. There is no indication what the so called debt is for at all.

Incidentally my fiend has NEVER sold a single item on bay so cannot have incurred seller fees, hence I believe these letters are nothing more than fishing trips for similar named people.

For your info should Iqor come up with an ebay reference number an ebay account ID is in the format of :-A123456789111-abc

an ebay invoice number is in the format of 123456-123456789111 (the 2nd number being the same acct ID number above)

Morph

Can anyone tell me which template to use?

Ha..'You only have two options'..made me giggle.

They seemed to have missed off the third option..Tell them to go screw themselves.

I had a run in with them for an alleged paypal debt, a prove it letter soon followed and that soon saw them off.

And

IMHO I would do nothing, the account is in dispute. Should they (highly unlikely) issue proceedings you have all the above correspondence to prove a defence and counterclaim costs etc.

Every journey begins with a single step :):)

Please note: I have no qualifications in this area - my advice is learned from the wonderful members of this Forum. Thanks to you all for your help.

If you have found my post helpful please leave a short message by clicking the star to the left of my profile - Thank You

The only person entitled to your Personal Finance details is a Judge not a DCA

Move all banking activity to another banking group if you have a dispute - your funds can be used to offset debts within the same group.

Be careful with Banking details (card/account numbers) as these can be used to take unauthorised payments.