You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4025 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

My husband and i are being harrassed by my cousin and his wife through facebook.

What started as a private conversation, which turned sour. They have then posted messages to people we know spreading rumours. Now there are several people writing things on my husbands facebook page that are totally out of order and could harm his career. Any advice on what to do, i have copies of all messages and screen shots of what has gone on.

I am losing sleep over this and it is affecting our relationship.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Report them to Facebook. Have all accounts cleaned of any malicious nonsense then close your account.

Just one more reason I hate Facebook.:mad:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Welcome to the Consumer Forums

Free advice and support to to solve your consumer problems.

You will soon discover what a friendly place this is and get lots of hints about standing up to consumer bullies or dealing with other consumer rights.

Which guide to the Sale Of Goods Act

New advice guide explains credit card rights

Help the CAG!!

Make a donation

ARE YOU A VICTIM OF COWBOY BUILDERS?

Has your RBS account been transferred to Santander?

Forum rules. Please read these before posting

PLEASE CHECK OUT THE CAG LIBRARY!! IT HAS LOADS OF USEFUL STUFF IN THERE. CLICK HERE

had thought of that, Fb seem to be a bit slow on the uptake and i don't want to cancel the account whilst they are still writting stuff!

Thank you thought, guess i will bear with it.

From my limited experience of facebook I vaguely remember a facility for removing comments on your own page so that would be a start.

All you can do is keep reporting them until they get it sorted.

I am not sure where the law stands on this and hopefully someone will come along soon with more advice.

This is one of the reasons I despise sites that encourage people to reveal their identity to the world. There is always someone willing to come along and reveal all your nasty secrets to all, even if they are not true.

My advice would be to stick to letters and phone calls if you want to keep in touch with people.

(This is just my opinion and I know I will get slated for it :D)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Welcome to the Consumer Forums

Free advice and support to to solve your consumer problems.

You will soon discover what a friendly place this is and get lots of hints about standing up to consumer bullies or dealing with other consumer rights.

Which guide to the Sale Of Goods Act

New advice guide explains credit card rights

Help the CAG!!

Make a donation

ARE YOU A VICTIM OF COWBOY BUILDERS?

Has your RBS account been transferred to Santander?

Forum rules. Please read these before posting

PLEASE CHECK OUT THE CAG LIBRARY!! IT HAS LOADS OF USEFUL STUFF IN THERE. CLICK HERE

Your first port of call should be to send an email to abuse@facebook.com, stating your case. I know what is happening is emotionally upsetting, but it is important in this email to remain calm and give clear, concise details of the behaviour you consider inappropriate. If possible, provide as much evidence as well.

You also mention that some people have been making posts to your husband's account in response to this person's behaviour, so I'm going to assume you've already responded to those people setting the record straight. What has been their response? I find it difficult to believe that people can be so overwhelmingly simple-minded as to allow their behaviour to be entirely dictated by the opinions of others, so presumably explaining some of what this cousin is doing to you and how their actions are affecting you will go some way to dispelling the rumours?

Beyond that, unfortunately, I don't think there's a great deal you can do. The problem as I see it is that your cousin is posting statements about you to their account friends, from their account, which makes bringing them to account tricky at best.

The only realistic stance you can take that I can see, after complaining to Facebook, is to contact your cousin, inform them that Facebook have been informed of their behaviour, that you have screenshots and copies of all related evidence, and that you will be undertaking proceedings for libel if they continue.

Privacy... that's the key issue. Make sure you set your FB accounts to be private and only visible to friends, then block certain people using the function within FB. That will at least stop them posting any derogatory comments on your accounts, and if you follow that up with abuse notices to FB, take records of everything that's said, print screen grabs of the abuse and take it to the Police. Inform FB that you have spoken to the police and provide the CRN for their records... That should (in theory) prompt FB to close/suspend their accounts.

Unfortunately there is very little FB will do.

I was harrassed and threatened and the email I sent to them is still unanswered (a year later)

My harrassment started on another networking site, a girl my partner felt sorry for and used to chat to before we got together... basically she had a whole made-up life to make people (men mainly) feel sorry for her... when we got together she threatened various times to kill herself, and then when that didnt work she started sending me abusive and threatening mails... which led to phone calls (I have no idea how she got my number) I finally called the police when my son (4 at the time) answered my phone without me knowing and she was questioning him.

The police contacted her and she denied all knowledge, the phone she was using was a payg so there was no trace, but the information she was giving in the calls and texts and emails all pointed to her. Then she wrote me a letter through Royal Mail, which was more of the same but basically showing me she knew my address... the police still said there was nothing they could do because they couldnt prove it was her, even though by this stage she was threatening me and my children.

They did contact the networking site (who I had complained to many times) with the 6 accounts she was using to send me abuse, the site claimed they had "lost" all the data relating to those accounts, basically she was paying them £15 every time she wanted to send me a nasty mail.

So end of police involvement, my partner got banned from the messageboards of the site for questioning Admin's decisions regarding this, and I've left.

We have changed our numbers, and even moved house, but nothing ever happened to her, she was never made accountable.

If you find my post helpful please click on the scales at the top. Thank you

FAQ SECTION HERE

Halifax Bank Claim filed and settled

Halifax Credit Card settled

Argos Store Card settled

CCA requests sent to

Halifax Credit Card

LLoyds TSB Credit Card

Capital One

Moorcroft (Argos)

NDR

18/06/09

Sorry to hear about your problems.

Continue to notify Facebook of your concerns, mention that you have informed the police and also inform the police again of this harrasment, it will help if you can keep a log of messages etc to assist them.

If the police are still unwilling to assist i would reccomend you contact a solicitor to assit in this matter, the police can get info etc but is very time consuming and they tend to put people off.

Hope you get things sorted

The retailers worst nightmare !

Be mindfull there are a lot of sad worthless people out there that take great pleasure in creating misery for others. This is due to the fact they have nothing in their own meaningless existance and feel more secure in the knowledge they can try to inflict pain on others just because they can. The more you rise to such low life the more they revel in it.

Agree with everything they say and add some more meaningless rumours yourself and they will soon give up. If none of it is true, you should have nothing to worry about.