1st Credit

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5410 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, was wondering if anyone could help. Whilst on maternity leave I had trouble paying a bank loan with Barclays. I wrote to Barclays to see if I could make reduced payments and cancelled the DD payment. However they still went into my account took out the amount and made me overdrawn. They then charged me to be overdrawn until this amounted to £600. They then closed my account and sold the debt to first credit. I wrote to 1st credit to say I was going to claim the charges back from Barclays and would certainly not be paying them a penny of the debt. I heard nothing for months then all of a sudden they have started calling my mum at her address. I have not lived there for years and she has told them this. They will not stop phoning her and she is getting thoroughly fed up. They have also discussed with her my account and disclosed personal details of the debt. She is now worried sick she is going to get debt collectors calling at her door. Can someone please advise us how to get them off her back.

Hi,

sorry you were missed.

Firstly, send worst crudit this letter on behalf of your mum.

Harassment by telephone - Consumer Wiki

send it recorded delivery.

If you know exactly how much has been taken in charges then this is the letter to go with:

http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/48-bank-templates/111--letter-preliminary-approach-for-repayment

If you're not sure about how much they have stiffed you, you will need to SAR Sharkleys. The letter is here:

http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/48-bank-templates/110--data-protection-act-1998-subject-access-request-

Unless you are suffering financial hardship, you claim will be put on hold until the outcome of an appeal to the house of lords by the banks. This doesn't stop you filing at court although the claim will be stayed. The sooner you get this done the better.

fox

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Please ensure you report them to OFT as they are already on a warning so it is crucial the more people that complain about their behaviour the more ammunition the OFT will have to revoke their license.

Hi, thanks for all your help. After a bit of digging on the net, I did see they were on a warning, so the first thing I did was to report them to the OFT. I will send of the letters and see what happens. The only reason I am in debt with Barclays is because they took out money when I had asked them not to as my income had significantly reduced. They then charged me for being overdrawn and continued to put charges on.