Council car park ticket

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5411 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Has anyone come across this senario. I parked in a council car park and the ticket machine was not working due to vandalism. There is a 2nd machine in the car park, but I had tried to use that in the past and it was not working. I tried the 2nd machine, but my money went through machine. I looked at many other cars in the car park and they had signs in their window stating that machine broken so ticket not purchased. When I got back to car at end of day at least 30 cars including mine had tickets. Have appealed to council, but they stated that tickets had been purchased from 2nd machine that day. Would I have to prove somehow that the machine would not take my money (which I can't), or should I just may the £25 fine before it doubles after 14 day payment limit ?Obviously all the other drivers that got tickets thought the other machine was not working, not sure how many, if any, tried the second machine. One of my work colleauges also got a ticket, but did not try the second machine and assumed it was out of order due to past experience and the notes in other cars. For the past 2 weeks both machines have been out of action.

Write them a snotty letter back. I'm sure the responsibility of proof is on them to prove that the machine was working being the ones that are asking for the money.

:whoo:Debt Paid £9.99 - Unlawful Debt Removed £51.09 - Total Debt Busted £61.08:whoo:

SFUK vs Jacamo / JD Williams - WON

SFUK vs Vanquis Bank - Ongoing

Ask for a breakdown of PCNs issued over the past few weeks (when the machines were working) for that carpark, either as a FOI request or as part of your defence preparation. This should show that on the day in question that there was a significant rise in PCNs issued.

Thanks all for your help. I will ask for the number of PCN's under the freedom of information act, is there a template letter that I can use for this ? Do I have to wait until I get the Notice to Owner Letter before I do this, or do I send the letter to the council now. If I appeal and eventually lose, can they only charge me the discounted rate of £25, or would I be liable for the full penalty notice of £50. Machines still both out of order today and I have taken some pictures.