You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4026 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello

Firstly, it's great to have found this forum, it seems as though it may well be a real lifeline for me.

I have been asking for a true copy of an original agreement on a debt that goes back over 15 years now but not had one sent to me. (I must state here that until I asked for the copy I was making small payments but was advised by the CAB to ask for a copy) The company didn't provide one anyhow and a couple of months on I had a letter stating that they were no longer dealing with my debt and had passed it back to the original creditor.

I then heard nothing for a few months until a new company wrote asking for payment in full saying they had bought the debt and so the request for a true copy no longer stood, I was now dealing with them.

So....I asked them for a true copy (several times) but none came. After reading advice here about the debt now being 'in dispute' I phoned them and said as much and that I wouldn't be making a new arrangement until I got my true copy-also that the debt should not have been sold on, being in dispute? They now say...they didn't buy the debt, they were the same company all along but just using an agency to collect payments. I also told them I was recording my call today and they said that as I didn't tell them at the outset of the call, it wasn't legal and I 'couldn't use it' they won't allow me to!

I'm wondering if I've made things worse? and what to do next?

Any advice would be most welcome, I know I haven't provided the full story but could 'flesh it out' if need be?

Thank-you in advance

'Stoneyground'

They are not in a position to dictate to you whether you can use a recording. :rolleyes:

As they haven't complied with your CCA request send them this http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/571-failiure-to-provide-a-copy-of-the-agreement-within-the-prescribed-timescale

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

Hello,

Thanks for your advice, I'll get a copy printed off and post to them.

I'll let you know how this all goes.

Thanks again.

stoneyground.