• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Stat demand - ARROW GLOBAL LLC ***WON + COSTS ***

lorri-croft
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4772 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hiya lorri-croft

any updates please? just found this thread and ive learnt again something new today from the many posters thank you all

hope you are still remaining postive and good luck in the meantime

laters all angel x

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Lorri

I've read your other thread. Looks like Arrow Global are trying a different route with the SD but I'm not sure they have taken collection 'in-house'. I'll explain below but first you will need to respond to the SD. ScabHunter set out some good advice in your other threrad (post #12). Can you start to fill in the form. There are also some stricky's around on how to deal with SD and the kind of witness statement that should be completed.

Now, just by co-incidence the address you quoted for Arrow in Manchester in your other thread is the address for a new firm of solicitors who started practicing at the end of last year. Their name is Millbank Edge LLP. Full details are on the Law Society's website. Now they may have nothing what so ever to do with Arrow but odd thing is, they do not a phone number listed. I wonder if you rang the '0800' number quoted at the top of the letter from Arrow Global and asked for Millbank edge or one of the two solicitors, who would respond. if you do, let us know how you get on.

Hi do you want a number for these guys, I have Nick Scotts details he is one of the solicitors. they work with a few other firms `for want of a better word` one being the Funding Network Loans Ltd

pick up a penquin two systems for the price of one:?:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Just an update as due in Court soon re hearing to set aside SD.

I'm just doing Statement of Costs to fax to Court 24 hours before hearing.

• Am I required to fax this to Arrow Global too? :confused:

A request for a link to cases I'm missing if anyone has one please, as I would like to be able to show 'preparation' to back up time requesting in costs:

• Wilson V First County Trust LTD (2003) UKHL 40
  • W F Harrison and Co Ltd v Burke and another (1956)

(I've got Wilson V First County Trust 2001)

Neither of the above can I find in the 'cases' section on the forum.

Previously had letter saying AG would agree to set aside, not attending and wanted no costs (which we are ignoring).

• Should we fax this to Court or not bother, or take with us? Are we alllowed to refer to it if Judge hasn't seen it? :-?

Answers much appreciated.

Thanks everso.

:)

• Anyone help with cases re post #84 pleeease.

Plus,if you read history, we SAR'd OC and got a letter saying couldn't trace account-nothing held. Well, just received a bundle of stuff in the post (SD hearing early next week!) which includes statements, a RAPID REPLY CARD as the application, and current t&c's.

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s156/shaunieman/DCA/CCF23092009_00000.jpg

It's only the bottom bit sent (I presume the top bit should have been kept by hubby but wasn't).

• I would like some advice on this Rapid Reply Card (in case Arrow turn up with it.)

It says 'I am applying for....I have read and agreed to T&C's.......) so I presume it is an application but, without the top bit, I can't be sure whether it would have been a valid CCA.

• Does anyone have a copy of T&C's (2004 ish) and/or have any experience with Monument Rapid Reply Card?

I would like to know I've covered everything in case.

:) GOOD NEWS!!!

Went to Court for hubby's SD hearing today.

Judge commented on the affadavit being clear and well researched and asked where I'd got the information. Showed the 'pile' of paperwork I'd prepared (OFT Guidelines, LoP Act 1925, CCA 1974 and later amendment, which I'd got from OPSI and BAILLI).

Judge read affadavit and said, 'I've seen this argument a number of times recently and, although in instances there may indeed be a debt, the (creditor) still need their paperwork in place. The other side have not turned up which is to your benefit. I am granting the set aside.' :)

We asked him to look at the Statement of Costs (he reduced the amount a bit, saying we could either ask for LIP costs for research OR loss of earnings but not both) but granted reduced costs against Arrow Global!!!

He then said 'they are not going to be happy about that!'

Thanks so much to all who've had input in this, particularly 42man, Docman, the Shadow. Your support and assistance was invaluable.

Now we'll wait for the paperwork to be sent and see what happens with regard to the costs.........

Well done Lorri...:D:D:D:D

love reading these good news threads.....

42 man, sam 614 and shadow have guided me also, in both my threads... indebted to all!! your wonderful.

I have just taken my SD set aside papers in today so im hoping i will be as lucky as you!!

all the best

MJ:)

CAG Depends Purely Upon Donations. Please help us to continue helping you, and give what you can - Thank you:grin:

Click to donate

Please click my scales, if you feel the need;)

• 1 month later...

Hi,

You helped me considerably to get an SD set aside against Arrow Global at the end of September.:D

The judge awarded costs against them and a deadline to pay. As you might expect, no funds were forthcoming :mad: but I haven't had time to do anything about it yet.

It's the principle more than the money (which was less than £300) that they should be brought to book over their blatant abuse of process that brings me back on here.

Could anyone tell me what are my options/what is the best route to take to enforce this order?

Thanks.

(Sorry-titile should read Non-payment!!)

• 4 weeks later...

Following advice above (and prior to taking any further steps), now received a letter from AG, included copy of a 'RAPID REPLY CARD' and T&C's (Current?).

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s156/shaunieman/DCA/CCF21122009_00000.jpg

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s156/shaunieman/DCA/CCF23092009_00000.jpg

They feel they have satisfied my S78.1 CCA request and now want repayment proposals or will continue legal action.

• Does the paperwork above cover their obligations under the Consumer Credit (Cancellation Notices and Copies of Documents) Regulations 1983? If so, does this mean they can continue legal action?

I realise this is an 'application form ' which I believe, is unenforceable as it does not 'embody' all the relevant terms required under the CCA.

• Am I correct? So, if they choose to go further, I can use as one of the defence arguments? (along with the other SD counter-arguments I put, like no default,NOA etc.)

What I need to do is compose a suitable response (once clear on the legal facts) to try to prevent them from taking these steps. I've already had to (successfully) defend a SD and was hoping for a break!

Any advice/help very much appreciated.

I'd pursue your costs immediately.

As you haven't done so, Arrow Global would take this as a sign of weakness by you.....You need to attack them back.

Moving on, I don't think whatever you composed will stop AG pursuing legal action.

I am sure you've read enough threads here to know that so be prepared.

Thanks for your prompt response Supersnooper.

Can you (or anyone else) answer my question regarding the paperwork they have provided (Rapid Reply Card and T&C's-curent???) and their obligations under the Consumer Credit (Cancellation Notices and Copies of Documents) Regulations 1983?

I would like to know definitively so I can include in my response

ie. 'whilst you have fulfilled....under...it's not a CCA with prescribed terms' OR 'you have NOT fulfillled.... because...'.

Any response received.

I'd say that what they have sent is not enforceable.

The first scan whilst containing the prescribed terms does not have your signature.

The second scan whilst showing your signature, does not contain the prescribed terms.

Have a look at these links which may help you understand the enforceabilty of the paperwork (courtesy of 42man & steven4064) -

Is My Agreement Enforceable - Useful

Consumer Credit Agreements

• 4 months later...

hi there well done iam in a very simlar situation as you i have put in my defence which was again put together simlar to yours so thanks i have started my own thread but not had any advise yet i now have my court date for the 4th june 2010 and wondered what i need to be saying and doing in court any advise would be good thanks

Just a further update for anyone interested.

Had to threaten AG with legal action before they sent cheque but it finally arrived.

All went quiet for a bit, until a letter came with a copy of 'Rapid Reply Card' application and T&C's (not original ones...£12 charges showing).

Just told them they were still in breach, would not correspond further until they provided a true copt of the executable agreement and that, if they tried to take to court with an application form rather than an executable credit agreement, I would make the Judge aware that I'd brought this to their attenion but they had ignored the fact and I would vigorously defend on the same basis as the successful SD Set Aside. Also added ps. need to provide original executable CCA agreement in Court.

Goes to show they don't want to give up....wait to see what next.

Dannybro, I'll post on your thread shortly.

• 8 months later...