You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4026 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi People,

Thanks for looking, i have a problem with O2 at the mo in that i've moved house and no longer get any signal on my phone.

I have to walk down the road for 5 mins to pick up anything and then stand around waiting for txts to come in and to make my phone calls. I dont have a house phone as i used my free calls on the mob instead so i dont have a phone in my house now.

My housemate and a mate of mine are on orange and virgin and both get signal with no problem so i wanted to change network and cancel with o2. I called them and they're telling me i have to pay the rest of my contract (12 months from a 18monther) which i dont want to do cos why should i pay for something im not getting a service for??!

Any tips or sneaky ways to worm out of paying the fees? Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Jonny

Sneaky way? Get someone to take on your contract with O2, which will release you from it and you can go elsewhere. They don't advertise 100% coverage and your agreement cannot be voided due to lack of a signal is a certain place.

If finding someone to take over is not a possibility, the only other way to get out is to await the arrival of the O2 Femtocell (which works with a Broadband connection, Vodafone launched theirs today), it provides a local network for 3G phones to use where existing coverage is limited.

Finally, if they change their T&C's to your detriment, you can also ask to leave. In the meantime, it may be useful to drop down to the lowest tariff band, explaining that you now have no outdoor coverage.