Credit Solutions: what are they like?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5382 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've just turned my mobile on and there was a voicemail asking me to call Credit Solutions. Googling tells me they are a DCA so obviously I didn't phone them back...

Anyone here got experience with them? What are they like?

Incidentally, I don't know which credit card this will relate to (though I suspect Capone), as I've not had a notice of assignment from anyone...

There are plenty of threads on CAG about CSL......just do a quick search :)

CSL threads

They do deal with Capone, so you could be right there. I'd just wait until they send you something through the post before taking any action.

Hi, Jim.

Never dealt with them myself, there's a thread here that might give you some clues..........

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/students/191527-statute-barred-student-loan-2.html

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Ok, they tried calling my again, and I couldn't resist phoning them back...

After faffing around with the security questions I established that it was indeed Capone who have passed the account to CSL, without informing me first. Oh dear...

Actually, CSL say they are collecting on behalf of Capone. Do they still need to provide a NOA to do this? Capone at least telling me would have been courteous, after all, I've been nothing but polite in my letters to them.

CSL tell me they have tried to contact me before by post. Yeah sure, I *do* read my mail! Nothing at all has been received from CSL.

Basically I told them that the account is subject to a FOS complaint, and is in dispute with Capone (though they don't recognise that of course).

The guy I spoke to asked me to forward a copy of the letter from FOS and would put the account on hold for a week while I did that. Good of them, that!

The letter from FOS is of the 'we are receiving very high volumes of enquiries and will provide me with a full response asap' nature.

I get the impression that they are the type of company to flood you with calls. Do you think I should:

1. Send a copy of the FOS letter

2. Send a copy of the FOS letter, plus 'correspondance in writing only' letter

3. FOS letter, 'correspondance in writing only' plus the bemused letter

4. 'correspondance in writing only', bemused letter and no FOS letter

And the guy at CSL kept having to ask me to speak slooowly...

Personally a variation on 3 sounds right to me... send a copy of the FOS letter to prove the complaint and then bemused why crapone have passed as there is a clear dispute send it back to original creditor.... "DONT bother to contact me even in writing" :-D

S.

Edited by the_shadow
mixed up my DCA to orginal lender

Credit solutions are a bunch of cheeky monkeys. They will try it on anyway they can so...be careful.

They love trading standards (not) so if they do the slightest tiniest little thing wrong, report them. It's easy, just ring 08454 040506.

CSL don't like paperwork, I don't know whether it's the long words or the fact that nothing they have to say would stand up under scrutiny, either way, insist on things in writing and don't phone them. There are various useful template letters in this forum.

Good luck.

Took me a few weeks to shake them off but had a lot of fun doing it:). Wish I was in your shoes now.:D

Personally a variation on 3 sounds right to me... send a copy of the FOS letter to prove the complaint and then bemused why crapone have passed as there is a clear dispute send it back to DCA.... "DONT bother to contact me even in writing" :-D

S.

Heh that sounds entirely reasonable...

Just a quick covering letter to my three documents to CSL:

I have enclosed a copy of the letter from the Financial Ombudsmen Service which shows this account is currently subject to a complaint made to them, and to Capital One. I am currently awaiting further correspondence from them as I understand they are receiving a very high number of enquiries at the moment.

I have also enclosed two further letters:

• Notice of Dispute with Capital One
  • Notice that all further communication must be in writing only

The former highlights relevant legal requirements regarding disputed accounts. The latter states that I will only communicate in writing with Credit Solutions Limited, and telephone calls or doorstep visits will not be entertained. I expect you to comply with this notice completely.

Reasonable?

Just a quick covering letter to my three documents to CSL:

I have enclosed a copy of the letter from the Financial Ombudsmen Service which shows this account is currently subject to a complaint made to them, and to Capital One. I am currently awaiting further correspondence from them as I understand they are receiving a very high number of enquiries at the moment.

I have also enclosed two further letters:

• Notice of Dispute with Capital One
  • Notice that all further communication must be in writing only

The former highlights relevant legal requirements regarding disputed accounts. The latter states that I will only communicate in writing with Credit Solutions Limited, and telephone calls or doorstep visits will not be entertained. I expect you to comply with this notice completely.

Reasonable?

Personally I would ask them to cease chasing and return the account to the original lender as its in dispute with them, not with CSL... (apologies I've corrected my earlier post to read OL instead of DCA)

S.

Personally I would ask them to cease chasing and return the account to the original lender as its in dispute with them, not with CSL... (apologies I've corrected my earlier post to read OL instead of DCA)

S.

Yeah, the first letter asks them to do this, it's basically the bemused letter but tweaked a bit.

OK, so without actually admitting that I'm thick - where can I get the templates for these letters?

I had a couple of these mad texts from this company, I've never had anything in writing from them, so no idea what its about and when I called them, got the distinct impression that they didnt actually have my address, and I wasnt about to give it to them,

I'd love to know what its about since I'm now arrears debt free and only owe my current council tax now, but dont want to do it on the phone and dont want to go giving out my home address and stuff if they are a bunch of [problematic].

My reference began wesgp - anyone have any ideas what that could be?

OK, so without actually admitting that I'm thick - where can I get the templates for these letters?

I had a couple of these mad texts from this company, I've never had anything in writing from them, so no idea what its about and when I called them, got the distinct impression that they didnt actually have my address, and I wasnt about to give it to them,

I'd love to know what its about since I'm now arrears debt free and only owe my current council tax now, but dont want to do it on the phone and dont want to go giving out my home address and stuff if they are a bunch of [problematic].

My reference began wesgp - anyone have any ideas what that could be?

Hi, the template letters can be found by clicking on the blue text DCA

Trouble is you say you dont want to give them an address, so how will they respond to you?

S.

CSL threatend me for a while last year...the soon went away after being told to sod off...so they are no different than most DCA's in that respect :)

So they are a genuine DCA then? I was wondering if they were just [problematic]

So they are a genuine DCA then? I was wondering if they were just [problematic]

Yes, they are a genuine DCA and a bunch of a***holes. I hate them with a vengeance, so any enemy of CSL is a friend of mine.

Good luck and here's hoping you get one over on them.

Regards.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

Yes, they are a genuine DCA and a bunch of a***holes. I hate them with a vengeance, so any enemy of CSL is a friend of mine.

Good luck and here's hoping you get one over on them.

ditto

Good news is they are an pretty incompetent bunch as well. I had great fun being extremely rude to them.

CSL threatend me for a while last year...the soon went away after being told to sod off...so they are no different than most DCA's in that respect :-)

I put it a little stronger than that:eek::eek::eek:

Same effect

David

i today received the CCA on behalf of capital one but sent to me by credit solutions? what do i do next????

If you could scan it in, remove the personal info and post up and we'll take a look to see if its an enforceable agreement.

S.