Fingernail in my Gnocchi!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5379 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I purchased Asdas 'extra special Gnocchi' and on my second piece found a very large and dirty piece of fingernail. I unfortunately found it when it was in my mouth and had scraped my gum. I rang up immediately and was told to take the nail in to give them and I would have a refund of my food.

I have been told by friends that once they have the fingernail off me I won't hear off them again. The whole incident has left me feeling sick and also wondering about the conditions that food is produced in. Whoever had those filthy nails shouldn't have been working near food!

I'm not sure what to do and wondered if anyone could help.

Hi ladykadeybaby

What a horrible experience,Enought to put you off food for life:eek: i know when i read some of these articles books and programmes about what allegedly happens in food factories it makes me feel quite ill i am not sure what to do so bumping your thread! would it be worth photographing finger nail and having a word with ciizens advice about what to do? or looking in phone book or internet for link to public health?At least you will help me in weight loss diet i am thinking of doing soon,I will summon up a pic of that horrible dirty finger nail in my brain! Ugh :eek:

Im happy to help with support and my own opinions but as i have no legal qualifications If I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action,

i think in a case like that Asda should compensate you for a lot more that the price of a packet of their extra special Gnocchi!:rolleyes:

Im happy to help with support and my own opinions but as i have no legal qualifications If I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action,

Do not return the the fingernail to Asda. You should send it to trading standards with a letter of complaint.

I suggest that you take pictures of the fingernail and also if you still have the packaging of the food you should take pictures of that too and then send the packaging with the nail to trading standards.

Sent copies of all the pictures to Asda. I think it must have been a disgusting and shocking experience. As you have actually been injured by the fingernail I would go to the doctor. Although it is probably a very superficial injury, you should have least reported to the doctor so that he can advise you as to any preventative steps you should take to protect yourself against possible infections.

Point out to the doctor that you are proposing to take some action against Asda and that you may want a copy of the report in due course.

Asda are being completely disingenuous about the way they are handling this. It is very clear that they are showing no interest in your well-being at all and merely to offer you a refund is just pure dammed cheek.

By allowing their food to be contaminated in this way they have committed an offence and also they have put you in danger. I should write to Asda telling them what action you have taken so far, rejecting their refund and saying that you want a more substantial proposal because you are prepared to go to the County Court if necessary -- in addition to any action to trading standards may decide to take against them.

You may also want to consider contacting your local press you will be pleased to carry the story.

Hi ladykadeybaby!

Your welcome and at least Bankfodder was able to give you some good advice what to do next! Asda should not be able to get away with fobbing you off like this.I am so sorry you had such a disgusting expereince and hope you get them to give you some good compensation for causing you this distress.

Ironically I have just taken a break from studying and one of the cases I was looking at was Donoghue v Stevenson [1932]. Its worth googling if you dont know the story because it is the foundation of modern Tort of Negligence as we know it.

I think a strongly worded letter to their Customer Service Department, as BF says go and see your GP to ask for advice about preventing infection. Make a note of the date and time you went and mention it in the letter that you received medical attention on this date.

I think you need to mention that you will be starting legal proceedings if they do not treat this seriously and respond in a satisfactory manner.

If you find my post helpful please click on the scales at the top. Thank you

FAQ SECTION HERE

Halifax Bank Claim filed and settled

Halifax Credit Card settled

Argos Store Card settled

CCA requests sent to

Halifax Credit Card

LLoyds TSB Credit Card

Capital One

Moorcroft (Argos)

NDR

18/06/09

I am on a visit to my parents this weekend and i was taken with them to an asda store i couldent bring myslf to buy anything to eat from there as this thread still keeps going through my brain:eek:

What you need to do is take the packet of gnocci (if you still have it) and the fingernail along to your local environmental health office.

They independantly follow up all complaints and will contact Asda and the local autority who covers Asda's main office for you.

Ensuring that the complaint is followed up properly and will give you a good case for seeking compensation.

Gee'z