misreprsented goods/price?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4536 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have puchased a handbag from department store website - it was shown as £345 reduced to £240 (it did not say waht percentage reduction was offered but most of the bags had similar 30% off) - when the bag arrived the price tag was attached which read £265 so I feel as if i haven't got such a bargain and feel a bit mislead. should i just return the bag or can i ask for 30% off the price label on the goods? Store is House of Fraser.

Have you got the original label which says that it is reduced from £345?

Also, it may have been £345 and then reduced and then further reduced.

If you are right then I think that they probably have used misleading price indications. This used to be a breach of the Consumer Protection Act 1987. It either still is or else the controling regs may have changed but misleading price indications are not permitted - and may even be a criminal offence. At the vey least, it is contrary to CPUT

You need to understand the full story before you go any further.

thank you for your quick reply.

i bought the bag on their website - the price of £345 was published on the web page, then crossed out with the discounted price alongside.

when the bag arrived it had the original tag with price of £265 with no amendments or reduction ie that was the only price on it.