You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

indebtstudent

Attention all Amazon credit card holders...

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4027 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Firstly I apologize if this sort of alert has been issued before, I generally stick to one or two main parts of the forum where I can be of help.

The exact date eludes me but on a recent (ish) bill I noticed the interest had jumped fro 13.93% per annum to around 18%. I did not recieve any notification of this, though they claim to have sent it. I believe I first noticed this on the March bill.

I wrote to Halifax about the lack of info, first they told me to bugger off, so I issued an ultimatum; close the account at the old rate of interest or I'll take it further.

What really seemed dodgy to me is I had also recieved letter saying the arrangement between Halifax and Amazon was coming to an end and nothing would change. In other words they had decided to hike there interest rate just before this in order lock people who had a balance into a higher rate.

After someone more senior looked at it (realizing they had closed the account without amending interest rate) they backed down and are giving me much more interest than they charged off the balance.

Therefore I thought it was worth alerting people, they probably did send the notification out but as I hadn't had it I missed the right to cancel the account and stay at the previous interest rate.

I think it helped that I sent a letter right away but if I didn't check the statements every month I could easily have missed it.

Worth checking, and also worth knowing if you have a balance which you can't clear immediately and you don't lose the card you can have it closed and pay at the rate before it changed.

The views I express here are mere speculation based on my experience. I am not qualified nor insured to give legal advice and any action you take will be at your own risk.