cl finance, cohens and overdraft

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5407 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

I have a claim from CL finance, issued by Cohens for an overdraft consisting mainly of bank charges. The debt was sold on to a debt collecotrs from first direct, then to cl finance and they have issued the claim. I have filed AOS and intend to defend the claim.

Could anyone help with the defence please? I contest the amount and the fact that the debt is made up of unlawful bank charges. I did not use the account from august 2007, and recieved no notice of assignment from CL finance. Their POC are as follows:

the clamants claim is for the sum of 620.81 being monies due from the defendent to the claimant under an overdrawn bank account originated with HSBC bank plc under reference xxxxxxxx and assigned to the claimant on the 15th dec 2008, notice of which has been given to the defendant.

The account was maintained without suffcient funds to meet withdrawals made by the defendant.

the claimant claims the sum of 620.81.

Any help greatly recieved, I really need to submit this defence in the next couple of days as Iwill be away for the next couple of weeks.

Thanks in advance folks.