You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

chillipepper

Urgent Help Needed Re Car Insurance

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4017 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi, I needed an automatic as I am partially disabled and managed to purchase one cheaply. It was a bargain as had been kept in a garage and used seldom so had very low milage though was a number of years old.

Two weeks after I bought the car someone ran into the back of me causing damage to the rear. The third parties insurance company wrote my car off without even seeing it a write I have obviously only been given the book price. My other half is a mechanic so he has managed to repair this but my current inurers are refusing to insure as they have already written the car off and moreover are refusing to refund me of the insurance I have paid up until january and stating that I will lose two years no claims even though it protected as I had had an accident in the hire car-also not my fault, but they cannot claim off the third party.so my insurance company staes it is therefore my fault. There has been no claims or legal action against me regarding the accidents. My insurance company is also staing that i will struggle to inure the car with anyone now even with an mot as it has bee written off.

Please Help!

1.Insurers will cover Cat C & D write offs subject to a motor engineers report to confirm fully repaired etc.

2.If your insurers are refusing to continue to insure the vehicle,they cannot keep the full years premium you have paid for cover for that vehicle.

3. As you have had a claim in a hire car this should have no baring on not refunding you any premium as they are ones unwilling to continue cover on your vehicle and are therefore forcing you to insure elsewhere.

4.NCD protected allows you 2 fault claims, ask them how they are deducting2 years? as they charge extra for NCDP

The other party's insurers should not have got away with book price, As the aggrieved party, you are entitled to be put back into the same position you were in prior to the accident. IOW, they should pay the full price of a replacement vehicle of the same make/model/age and similar spec. and mileage.

Only if your insurer had written the vehicle off would you have needed to accept book trade value (or close)

Firstly never accept any insurance offer on the basis that "they know best". Treat it for what it is - an offer. Consider it, and if you do not agree with it then write back with a counter offer and explain your reasons for the difference in opinion.

I'm surprised they didn't ask for your vehicle as salvage, but if you have repaired it then as vusys1 said above you might still be able to get insurance for it from some places. There are a lot of old cars about that are not worth a lot that can take non-structural damage and still be considered a write-off because of the cost of repair. But yes it might not be easy.

You need to look carefully at your policy wording to understand the rules regarding protected NCD - this is not a standard thing between insurance products. Some will reset to 0, roll back 2 years, allow 2 fault claims before removing protection, or 1 fault and 1 non-fault etc. Anything that is not your fault where the 3rd party insurer carries the total cost is called a non-fault claim. It sounds like you have had 2 non-fault claims, and most insurance products won't even alter a non-protected NCD after 2 non-fault claims.

However it seems like your insurer might have paid for damage to the hire car as they could not have claimed off the thrid party (the most common reason is where the other driver is uninsured). As it was not your fault you need to ask why they are doing this. Find out the reason and post back here for help.

If you were to pay an insurance premium in January to last for 1 year, and in March your car is written off then the insurer does not have to return the premuim for the months March-December. As the car is considered a total loss then the contract is considered fulfilled, and this is why it ends. I'm not 100% but this is what it sounds like has happened with you.