You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

mishel02

Barclaycard / Calder Financial Debt HELP

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4031 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I have missed 6 months payments and offered to pay a lower amount this was refused by Barclaycard and they passed my account onto Calder Financial. Who wrote to offer me a lower full and final settlement offer ( no mention of money)

I wrote back offering a low settlement figure but am still waiting to hear. In the meantime I was paid a small bonus from work and on checking my bank today Barclaycard have taken £350 from my account (more than my bonus). I ma so confussed as to what is happening.

I bank with Barclays and I know they can take money but why take money I need without even telling me. The amount they have taken is the same as the arrears on the account so does this mean they are no longer offering me a settlement?

Hi Mishel,

You've become another victim of the bank's Right of Offset, whereby Barclays PLC can take money direct from your bank a/c and use it to make up the missed BC payments.

You can assume that Calders will forget about accepting any F&F settlement now the a/c is back up to date. However, the process will start over again if you miss any more BC pay'ts.

The only way to avoid this is to open a bank a/c elsewhere so BC cannot offset like this again.

Have you reclaimed any penalty charges on the BC account over the last 6 years.

Also, have you suffered any default charges on the bank a/c.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)