You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

GAVINB

Norton Finance - PPI

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4023 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

A number of years ago I took out a secured loan with Norton finance (x2) and was forced to take PPI with the loans.

These were subsequently paid off with the sale of my house, but I am wondering if I can reclaim this money.

This insurance was all charged up front on the account.

However, I do not have the agreement number anymore, so how do I go about requesting my SAR for a closed account, that I have no details on.

What is to stop Norton from claiming that they do not have any record of my account anymore.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

A number of years ago I took out a secured loan with Norton finance (x2) and was forced to take PPI with the loans.

These were subsequently paid off with the sale of my house, but I am wondering if I can reclaim this money.

This insurance was all charged up front on the account.

However, I do not have the agreement number anymore, so how do I go about requesting my SAR for a closed account, that I have no details on.

What is to stop Norton from claiming that they do not have any record of my account anymore.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

I would ask for details on how many years is a number of years ago?

When you state forced to take out PPI can you give me more detail on how it was forced?

You possibly can claim but you will first need to do some work by reading through all of the stickies links at the top of the forum. There is a massive amount to read through but it will no doubt help you to decide on the way ahead for a reclaim of PPI.

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

Thanks for the reply.

I closed the account about 7 years ago. So not sure if I could still claim at this late stage.

We were told that we would not be able to complete the loan without agreeing to take the PPI.

I was wondering how to get a history of my accounts first with it being a closed account. I thought there was a template letter in the forums but I couldn't locate it.

Try using this ....

Full SAR for ppi

or this....

Data Protection Act 1998 - Subject Access Request

The things you should get from a Subject Access Request are:

True copies of your Consumer Credit Agreements (CCA) with the terms and conditions that were applicable to the agreement at the time the loan started.

Copies of all you statements.

Copies of all correspondence with regard

to the loan, letter, fax, transcripts of phone calls or transcripts of phone calls, or other notes taken by them during the calls.

Also be specific in your request for full disclosure on any PPI added to the loans this should be identifiable on the CCA.

Specifically request the needs and wants/Customer duty of care questionnaite which should have been completed at the point of sale. This questionnaire should be filled out by the bank advisor to ensure all the relevant questions have been asked to ensure the product is fit for purpose and suitable to your needs. See this as an example.....

When you send your Subject Access Request you should ask for evidence of the questions asked at the point of sale.

Please see this link for an example:.....http://wwwa.mbna.co.uk/insurance/files/CP0608_INSU_MB_LP_S.pdf

The data requested should be data in any format that their organisation uses for filing, electronic, paper, microfiche, CD, Floppy, Magnetic tape.

You should press them for the information and if they fail to provide you should submit a formal complaint to the Information Commissioners Office the info is in a link in here links

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.