Anyone heard / dealt with CES Services ltd

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4716 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well done Londoncass, I'm really glad to hear you won!

When I wrote the appeal, I sent a copy to the property management company and BPA too. Did you make your claim jointly against CES and the property owner too? I can see the point of doing it so as many people suggest it too, just not sure if this would be the property management company or if not, how can I find out who is the land owner? (Unfortunately the property management company is not very helpful either, they seem to be a bit on the slow side...)

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The property management company denounced all responsibility and employed a barrister to get them off. The judge agreed with the barrister that the landowner had taken all reasonable steps to employ responsible (haha) agents, therefore they were not liable. It is something to do with torts of the land etc etc. Shame the barrister probably cost more than my clamping cost, but thats the problem with housing authorities, they will pay thousands to avoid paying hundreds!

Funnily enough, I went back to the site last night to visit my friend, and they have since changed their signs to say "Warning Private Property", but they are still high up and tiny writing!!

Fantastic on getting the result. I really love to hear stories that a clamper has been given a spanking. :D

Just a comment - even if the landowner/management company used agency to get off it wouldn't hurt to remind the judge that trespass damages are supposed to be paid to the landowner. So in my book that would make them jointly liable. Aren't we told "ignorance of the law is no exscuse"? €so why should a landowner be able to squirm out of it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was because the landowner pointed out that they do not pay CES any money or get any money for it, therefore they do not receive any damages etc.

The clampers pointed out that these were "reasonable charges" for their services.

I would have fought more, but we wanted to get the clampers where it hurts, not the landowner.... though I am writing to their directors to highlight their staff actions.

• 3 months later...

I am so glad I found someone to moan about this company to!

I parked in a block of flats one Friday night at the end of Acacia Road in Norbury, anyone know it? I was only popping round a friend for a couple of hours and I came out and my car was gone! I had to collect my car from a Pound in Edmonton the following day and considering I live in South London this was a long journey for me. They charged me £425 for the privilege. :-x

I am appealing against it because despite parking on private property, I didn't park in anyone's bay and I wasn't causing an obstruction. They have also whacked storage charges on top despite my car only being in their Pound for only one day.

This company are a disgrace and they deserve to be brought down.

Has anyone taken them to court yet. If so, what was the outcome?

I am so glad I found someone to moan about this company to!

I parked in a block of flats one Friday night at the end of Acacia Road in Norbury, anyone know it? I was only popping round a friend for a couple of hours and I came out and my car was gone! I had to collect my car from a Pound in Edmonton the following day and considering I live in South London this was a long journey for me. They charged me £425 for the privilege. :-x

I am appealing against it because despite parking on private property, I didn't park in anyone's bay and I wasn't causing an obstruction. They have also whacked storage charges on top despite my car only being in their Pound for only one day.

This company are a disgrace and they deserve to be brought down.

Has anyone taken them to court yet. If so, what was the outcome?

Have a read of the clamping guide in the stickies section at the top of this forum. It gives some guidance on what to look for in order to build a case against them.

You should be aware that there is no appeal process per se - you have to build a case against them, send them a letter before action and be prepared to take them to court.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• 4 months later...

CES state they are members of the British Parking Association who, on their site give a link to Security Industry Parking. I cannot see that CES have a licence to remove vehicles. I would think that if you were legally parked for example in your own car park and your space is designated in your lease, check the wording of the lease as I doubt there will be a requirement to display a permit. I would sue them for theft and extortion.

Do they need a license to remove cars? CES remove every car possible as quickly as possible!! Why extort £125 for just a clamp where if they can get the car off the site and extort £425 instead...

Not heard from adthebad who was suing them a few months back?

Londoncass sued them as at post 47. Getting your money back is another thing, these people collect ccj's like people collect stamps.

Forget about suiing them for 'theft and extortion' you will get nowhere with that.

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

Londoncass won and got the cash from them too! Most probably because where their car was taken is an absolute goldmine for CES so they didn't want the hassle with londoncass screaming at the housing association about their clamper's ignoring the courts

• 3 months later...
Londoncass won and got the cash from them too! Most probably because where their car was taken is an absolute goldmine for CES so they didn't want the hassle with londoncass screaming at the housing association about their clamper's ignoring the courts
hi Londoncass CES ltd did clamp my car where they were not suppose to i paid £505 the next day to get my car back the went to court last month i won the case the judge said they should send me a check by the 2nd of sept they have not done so what can i do please help me if you can regards

hi CES ltd did clamp my car where they were not suppose to i paid £505 the next day to get my car back the went to court last month i won the case the court fee were £585 the judge said they should send me a check by the 2nd of sept they have not done so what can i do please help me if you can regards by the way i did call the court and they said to me that i have to pay £100 for the balifs and it is not guaranteed that i will have my money back

Personally I would pay for the court bailiffs - if you don't I suspect you have no chance of getting the money back but make sure the company is still trading first.

Nothing in this post constitutes "advice" which I may not, in any event, be qualified to provide.

The only interpretation permitted on this post (or any others I may have made) is that this is what I would personally consider doing in the circumstances discussed. Each and every reader of this post or any other I may have made must take responsibility for forming their own view and making their own decision.

I receive an unwieldy number of private messages. I am happy to respond to messages posted on open forum but am unable to respond to private messages, seeking advice, when the substance of that message should properly be on the open forum.

Many thanks for your assistance and understanding on this.

thanks but they court said to me that the baliffs have to be invited in when they send them out now my problem is that they will not let them in becouse they did ignore the decision of the judge and they nkowthat those baliffs can't do nothing they cannot arrest them they can't force entry either

• 3 months later...

Ahem, hello people... another victim of these sharks here. I have photographs of them putting up signage after they 'stole' money from me. I sent an appeal (big joke eh) which has come back declined (surprise surprise!) and now I want to take it to the next step. I have never met a bunch of lying thieving gits in all my life! They are disgusting and I feel violated again after recieving their cowardly letter that they cannot even sign properly. The signature is a squiggle but could be this Clive Machatara as I can make out the Initial C. Anyone want to join forces and get justice from these criminals?

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Londoncass,

Yesterday my car was towed away by CES outside my home. The parking bay markings designated for permits have been worn away so I may have a case. Could you let me know the approximate cost in legal fees to contest CES as you did in 2009?

Thank you.

Yes I am interested. Obviously our cases are different circumstances but may both have legal standing - me the lack of markings and you the signage. Due to my perceived cost of taking legal action I would like to know if I have a case and what legal action invloves - any advise?