Anyone heard / dealt with CES Services ltd

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4717 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

have you taken this to court yet? Their signs comply with no law as there is none!!

Not yet lol, knowing this bloody government we will probably end up with the Private Car Park Signage Act before we address any of the real issues surrounding private land and the right for PPC's to enforce parking on it.

TFT

09/07/09 :)Business Studies BA(Hons) 2:1:)

eCar Insurance overpayment - £325

Settled in full - 15/09/08

NatWest Student A/C bank charges - £260

Settled under hardship scheme - 08/06/09

Natwest Business A/C bank charges - £60

Settled in full as GOGW - 20/04/09

Santander Consumer Finance late payment fees - £60

Part settled for £48 - 01/03/08

Peugeot Finance late payment fees - £50

Settled in full before county court hearing - 01/09/09

Peugeot Finance overpayment of £247

Settled in full - 01/12/08

Valley Leisure - complaint about collections agent

£160 part refund of gym membership in compensation - 01/02/09

HFC Bank - complaint about payment deducted from my account on wrong date

GOGW £10 - 01/05/09

all parking offenses companies that have not clamped my car

or are not regulated by the council I ignore!

So if i got a letter from these guys and searched on the net and found out they are not Council regulated i'd just ignore them....

Then if they say they'd take me to court i'd ignore them

because they'd probably not, and if they do,

then they have to tell me how my parking there has cost them money in anyway. Which they probably cannot so they'd have wasted their time and money. I'd leave the court and laugh at them...

Thats honestly what i'd do! I hate all these companies/people whoi think they can make business off other's unawareness!

yup ... but these guys know that and go straight for the clamp while they wait for their pickup truck to get there ... they don't mess about, you car is off the site in under an hour and you've landed a £400 charge plus a 15+ mile journey to the depot!

I just got caught by them today! I am so mad !! They are so sneaky and completely heartless. I work for a charity as a social worker and they didnt even care that I had come to see a client -even the managing agents of the property contacted them (since they are a social housing scheme that know our chairty) and the manager just did not care.

I completely did not see the signage -and the parking lot was empty -as most of the properties were not even completed!!! :evil:

I just got caught by them today! I am so mad !! They are so sneaky and completely heartless. I work for a charity as a social worker and they didnt even care that I had come to see a client -even the managing agents of the property contacted them (since they are a social housing scheme that know our chairty) and the manager just did not care.

I completely did not see the signage -and the parking lot was empty -as most of the properties were not even completed!!! :evil:

That is the way they work. You could not see the signage cause they put their signs on kind of invisible places.

They are disgusting

MAKE SURE you get down there as soon as possible and take photos of the site, the signs, the entrance just everything!!! If the management company are wise, they will address the signage with CES and it will change!

This happened to me and I have photos of the before and after!

How much did you get hit for Burntfingers?

TFT

09/07/09 :)Business Studies BA(Hons) 2:1:)

eCar Insurance overpayment - £325

Settled in full - 15/09/08

NatWest Student A/C bank charges - £260

Settled under hardship scheme - 08/06/09

Natwest Business A/C bank charges - £60

Settled in full as GOGW - 20/04/09

Santander Consumer Finance late payment fees - £60

Part settled for £48 - 01/03/08

Peugeot Finance late payment fees - £50

Settled in full before county court hearing - 01/09/09

Peugeot Finance overpayment of £247

Settled in full - 01/12/08

Valley Leisure - complaint about collections agent

£160 part refund of gym membership in compensation - 01/02/09

HFC Bank - complaint about payment deducted from my account on wrong date

GOGW £10 - 01/05/09

It was £125 -which is a hefty sum for visiting my client for 30 mins! The towing truck drove in while I was argueing with them and I was told that if I did not settle quickly, the car would be towed -which would be costing a great deal more!!

They must have been driving around patrolling, becuase this block of flats is still under construction and hidden from road view, so they would have had to have driven in to actually see it....

So you didn't get the chance to pop to their depot.. a lovely sign states "We are members and abide by the BPA guidelines!"... Members yes, guidelines no!

Some of their sites have CCTV, have a look round the site for those. I get the impression they are sitting in their grubby office looking for targets. It is amazing how they get there so quickly, followed extremely quickly by their tow truck.

Burntfingers, were there many signs, were they really high up and turned away from the road?

I suggest looking at the "wrongful interference to goods act 1973" There may be something in there showing this company acted illegally.It was used with devastating effect earlier this year by a mr.Erskine Fenty, albeit a slightly different situation to yours.

Edited by newmoses
gross was the wrong word

I suggest looking at the "gross interference to goods act 1973" There may be something in there showing this company acted illegally.It was used with devastating effect earlier this year by a mr.Erskine Fenty, albeit a slightly different situation to yours.

Whoops, I meant to post this in the clamping section.Mods can you please move it to the appropiate section? Many thanks

It was £125 -which is a hefty sum for visiting my client for 30 mins! The towing truck drove in while I was argueing with them and I was told that if I did not settle quickly, the car would be towed -which would be costing a great deal more!!

They must have been driving around patrolling, becuase this block of flats is still under construction and hidden from road view, so they would have had to have driven in to actually see it....

you are lucky man. it costed me £425 from the same guys in order to take my car on the next day only.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

I just came across this forum as i myself am dealing with the CES as well.

last friday i was clamped in a parking space which is part of the lease i have on my property therefore i own the parking space.

I found out that my permit (which was given to all residents who own parking spaces as unauthorised persons were parking at the property) had fallen and was not visable.

i phoned the CES and asked why i had been clamped and got a rude bloke who went on saying my permit was not showing and he didnt care if i owned the parking space.

at this point i just wanted the clamp off as my partner needed to go work so agreed to pay the £125. when they came to take the clamp off i asked who had done it as i regularly see them come into the property.

the bloke said he had but then went onto say that he did recoignise my car but his colleague prompted him to clamp.

I payed the fine and today called the property management of my building and told them what had happened. the lady told me that as they recoignised the car and always have known its parked there they should have phoned them and requested the information needed, this is a procedure they have just put in place with them.

on my receipt i noticed that they claimed to have clamped my car at 6.39pm - if that was the case i would have heard them, i was at home, and which also happens to be outside the office hours for the property management. while waiting for them to take the clamp off a fellow resident walked past and said he saw them doing it and was surprised and he said this happened between 4-4.30pm!!

i am going to appeal and hope to get my money back but the CES said they cannot guarantee it.

Please can anyone advise my the best way in getting my money back?

thanks

CES will not give you your money back!!! You'll be lucky to even hear from them again!

State in your appeal that unless you get a refund within 14 days you will be taking court action. This is the only way to deal with CES.

CES will not give you your money back!!! You'll be lucky to even hear from them again!

State in your appeal that unless you get a refund within 14 days you will be taking court action. This is the only way to deal with CES.

you will also need to add the agents who contracted CES to the court claim as whether you win or loose at court, CES are unllikely to repay your money even with a CCJ against them.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there,

My weekend visit to my sister in London became a nightmare when CES towed away my car. I was displaying a temporary parking permit number with my sister’s full address and car. reg. number as instructed by CES not so long before. I was also parking in one of the visitor’s bay as my sister was told to do so by the property management company. I reported my car as stolen first, as neither trace line nor the police had record of my car as clamped or towed away. After the police suggested to look around in the private car park and search for any sign possible displaying warning, we found one displayed very high up (somewhere between the second and third floor) where we could only read the word warning and a contact phone number. We also found two other signs on the next property, but that does not belong to the property my sister lives and also were displayed pretty high up, carefully placed where no driver would see when entering the private car park and looking to park.

I had to pay £455 to get my car released and when I tried to convince the guy at CES over the phone about that I had the right to park there and they did not have the right to remove my car at all, as it was not causing obstruction, he was quite rude and even said, that I do want my car don’t I and with a slightly threatening voice he told me, that if I don’t pay the release fee and don’t collect my car, they will sell it on auction after 30 days and if that will not cover the cost of towing away and parking (£1265.00) they will take court action against me. I don’t think they can do that legally, but he definitely had no right to talk to me like this. (Maybe he thought as I’m a woman, he can just scare me, get my money, and job done.) The property management company was not very helpful either, I tried to talk to them to get the release fee waived, but they rang CES and passed me back to them. Obviously they have financial benefits from this situation; otherwise they would have done something to solve this by now, as apparently many residents complaint about CES before, but nothing happened.

Unnecessary to say, that my sister sent an appeal letter to CES today which I know either will be ignored or rejected, but then we will take them to court too. If nothing else, at least we can have our say there. I did a bit research for statistics on this subject (taking court action against parking fines, clamping, removing). Only 1% of drivers appeals , takes court action and 57% of them wins (that’s including public and private roads). I found this link too: http://www.guardian-series.co.uk/news/wfnews/4755159.WALTHAMSTOW__Car_clamp_protestor_declares_victory/

That gives some hope for all of us I think. J

Anyone won at court?

I won :

205xk7a.jpg

(If you can't see it, Tinypic are having issues, but I won a full refund+interest+costs and court costs)

My story sounds extremely similar... When you phone up you get a rude response who demand extortionate fees off you and refuse to give you access to the car until the next working day. The sneering continues when you're picking up the car "There were plenty of signs, you chose to risk it" etc.

We went to court, Clive the company secretary turned up very unprepared, holding on to one photo of my car next to one of their signs. The judge agreed that the sign was not clear. Clive protested that it is, and I quote "How can you not see the word warning" but the judge said that it could have been a neighbourhood watch sign etc.

Just like you state, the signs where I parked were extremely high and not prominent. The judge agreed with that too.

Edited by londoncass

You mean like this??!!!!

We went to court, Clive the company secretary turned up very unprepared, holding on to one photo of my car next to one of their signs. The judge agreed that the sign was not clear. Clive protested that it is, and I quote "How can you not see the word warning" but the judge said that it could have been a neighbourhood watch sign etc.

Congratulations - hopefully you will get the money from CES. Keep us informed however many would suggest making the claim against the landowner too in case the Clamper slides down his drain never to be seen again.

Blagton

Well the first cheque never arrived, but a gentle e-mail remider that I will enforce seemed to do the trick!

Failing that I had paid by credit card so was happy to take it back to them as they are jointly liable for it!!