You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4029 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Can you be dismissed from work whilst sick? I am not meaning being dismissed for being sick, but for something else which has happened at work which 'one' is being blamed for?

Whilst I am on the subject I was sent a letter from my employer asking me to attend for a meeting with them which gave an incorrect date and no time was mentioned in the letter and they said that this was the 3rd and final offer of a meeting - I have been too sick to attend for any other meetings with hospital appointments etc. I responded to say that I was not able to respond to their request as the letter stated an incorrect date and no time was given for the meeting to take place. I also requested a copy of the company's grievance procedure and a copy of my current contract of employment. Not a good show to have an incorrect date and not time indicated though.

As I am sick they have offered to meet at my home but to conduct a meeting in my own home, my only sanctuary whilst I am ill, with my current employer is not something which I would relish. I have worked for the company for just over 7 years and have never had any problems until now when big changes are happening. I had a feeling before being sick that I was being sidelined and was offered a new position and title, but same money. In meetings I was included and my opinion asked for but what I said was never taken into account or discussed. I was not happy and whilst having a meeting to discuss a job description for my 'new' position, was verbally attacked in a someone who, when we started negotiations, was the same level of management as me and at the time of the meeting still was. I was wondering if there would a clause under TUPE that I could quote to them on this.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.:?

Just received an email at 6.05pm stating the time of the meeting but the date of the meeting has still not been corrected. I responded to say that I have replied to the letter and posted today, prior to receiving the email.

Are you signed off work by a doctor?

They can't have a disciplinary meeting while you are off sick.

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

yes signed off sick and have sent certificates to the company to inform them

Are you signed off work by a doctor?

They can't have a disciplinary meeting while you are off sick.

Yes they can.