You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

fizz28

never changed V5C

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4031 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I don't know what to do but have to do something before the end of July!

I forgot to change my address on my V5C and have had my old address on it since 1/03/2006. I know there must be some parking fines and maybe a speeding ticket on it but am scared as it could amount to a lot of fines. Will they chase me from those years back? Can I get out of it? should I just sell the car? Help as I am having sleepless nights about this and even though I have only my self to blame I just simple forgot and then it got out of hand so I never did it!

I need to get a parking permit and can only do that with my the address on my V5C....

Help me please

I don't know what to do but have to do something before the end of July!

I forgot to change my address on my V5C and have had my old address on it since 1/03/2006. I know there must be some parking fines and maybe a speeding ticket on it but am scared as it could amount to a lot of fines.

Why do you "know" this? Anyway, by not changing the address on the V5 it will not make thes fines, if they exist, go away. But they will get bigger and bigger with legal costs. Also if there is an outstanding speeding fine for which you were supposed to receive points, then you will probably find your license has been revoked and you are driving illegally at the moment.

Will they chase me from those years back?

Yes

Can I get out of it?

No

should I just sell the car?

Won't help. The bailiffs will eventually trace you through various means and as you owned the car at the time of any of these possible offences, then you are still liable.

Help as I am having sleepless nights about this and even though I have only my self to blame I just simple forgot and then it got out of hand so I never did it!

I need to get a parking permit and can only do that with my the address on my V5C....

Get it changed immediately. If the DVLA cannot contact you via the address held on your V5 then that is an additional separate offence in itself and the fine can be up to £1000

Wot 'e said.