You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

noomill060

Bon Ridwell- boot on other foot, now!

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4029 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Credit Today online

My heart bleeds. Interesting situation he's got himself into, though.

:D ROFLFHO

Ron writes in the Crudit Online forum:

"Thought I would share this with you. As credit people you may find it interesting.

Considering the financial uncertainty over the last year I would have thought that controls in certain areas would be tighter. How wrong can one be........ The story is....

As you know my old firm went into administration in November and I was made redundant on 18/12/08. I had a company car, leased from a big leasing company that was just one year old with not too many miles on the clock and therefore a reasonably valued assett. (about 14k) I was told that I could drive it home but after midnight on that day the car would no longer be insured.

So the next day I checked up and found out that the car should not really be on the road as uninsured. If something happened the keeper of the vehicle (me) could be liable if anything happened. So I moved it to someone nearby on their private driveway under cover. Washed it Etc ready for collect. In February I was contacted by the company where they said they would collect it sometime in the future and would I make sure the car had fuel to get it more than just 2 yards down the road and that the battery was sufficiently charged to start the car. I told them I would and that is was parked off road and being looked after and that it would cost them £15 per week.

I heard nothing until earlier this month. They said they were coming to collect it the next day. I advised them that they could collect it if they paid me the £25 of fuel I had put in it at their request and for the £15 per week to keep the car safe, washed battery charged ready to go. They said no. If I wouldnt let them have the car they would take me to court.

I wrote to them and phoned them on three more occasions and now 5 weeks on I havnt heard from them again.

SO the car has been sitting for nearly 6 1/2 months it has devalued by around £2,500 in that time.

Is this crazy or what. Surely companies cannot be this neglectful considering the situation out there?"

Edited by noomill060

I think this is quite common - a similar thing happened to my brother in law, made redundant and with a company car stuck on his drive for several weeks. In his case the lease company kept sending letters demanding that he brought the car to their depot (at his own expense), but eventually they turned up with a transporter.

Maybe it's about time you sent a DCA after them.

If they haven't paid in 6 months they must be in default by now :lol:

Nice one keep it going